Massachusetts State Police arrest Arkansas man after seizing four firearms, three large-capacity magazines

How do you use four guns to protect yourself?

Driving an unregistered vehicle literally next to MSP barracks is stupid.

For those not familiar with the area: Day Boulevard runs along the beach in South Boston out to Fort Independence (which is closed at night). It is administered by MSP. There is a State Police barracks on the way from the highway to Day Blvd. There is another MSP facility nearby.

It is very actively patrolled. Everything else on the land side of Day Blvd is administered by BPD. You can only make left turns, and only every few streets.

Turns out he wasn’t actually on Day Blvd. He was near the Teacher’s Union building, literally behind the MSP barracks. Does that make sense as a place you’d be delivering dogs just after midnight?

View attachment 734944
You're acting like this guy was from Boston......like all you people from Boston act like everyone should know your stupid city.

No offense to you, I hate Boston and its backwards bullshit,

Where the airport is in wrong place and not on an outside beltway where it should be like 99% of other cities I fly into, all so you have to drive thru the fxcking city to get to it, all paved with gold on a union corrupted, 10 billion dollar waste of taxpayer dollars.

Where they just could have built a new airport where it should have been for half the cost, actually alleviating city and MA pike traffic, instead of making it worse. But hey, wouldn't get to collect that 4 dollar toll now.......

Where they bring Nat Gas tankers into the harbor all for the lesser good of unions and corruption to get their piece of the pie, instead of running pipelines thru PA for pennies and taking care of everyone in MA.

Or how the MBTA which I've never used, is a constant suck on our taxpayer dollars just so politicians can money launder tax dollars into their accounts........

Those are things for another day........

So I'm in North Central MA......and even I would not know where ....Day BLVD, Teachers Union or the SP barracks are.or they the MSP actively patrols the area..............and your expecting some guy from Arkansas to be astute on this??

Beyond all that who the F cares......in 45 other states other than the non reg vehicle.......its a non issue, no crime, no foul. NO CHARGES.

Lets for once, focus on how F'ed up MA is, not the fact that the guy was driving somewhere sensitive that if you don't live there, 99% of people would not know what's there or how it gets patrolled.

Last edited:
Let’s say it was no harm no foul and situational awareness is not a thing.

How do you use four guns - pistols only - to protect yourself, while driving, alone?

How do you use four guns - pistols only - to protect yourself, while driving, alone?
Don't know, but there are plenty of times when I have 4 or more guns in my vehicle.........does it make me a criminal somehow?

What is this obsession with having multiple firearms to protect yourself......many people carry one on the side or appendix, one ankle, a knife and pepper.......
can they use them all at once, no.....do they have them for a reason and should it be a crime???

Your just playing the cop that says he was going to do something bad with them, saying he commited a crime before he actually did. That's typical Ma**h*** sheep hysteria.

I also believe that's unconstitutional. Should you carry 4 guns in your car one day, i'd believe you would not want to be treated that way.....

Last edited:

I'll play the devil's advocate here.

Live in a rural part of the country, where guns are (relatively unregulated) tools.

Keep a pistol in the glove box and an AR pistol (read SBR) in the trunk/back seat as a matter of course. The pistol is a spare for this days when you run out of the house and aren't carrying. The AR is for "fighting."

Now, travel half way across the country, to the "big city" where you'll trade a valuable asset to a stranger for significant cash. Holster your primary pistol on your hip, and your BUG on your ankle.

You have four pistols, and are doing nothing nefarious.

/devil's advocacy

Should he learn the law before he travels? Absolutely.

Should he maintain his car better (to include registration)? Sure.

Should simple possession of firearms/ammunition be a crime? Not even once.

It's possible for everyone involved to be dumb. @drgrant might call it a retard convention. I'd be happy with "don't break the law while you're breaking the law."

How do you use four guns to protect yourself?

Driving an unregistered vehicle literally next to MSP barracks is stupid.

For those not familiar with the area: Day Boulevard runs along the beach in South Boston out to Fort Independence (which is closed at night). It is administered by MSP. There is a State Police barracks on the way from the highway to Day Blvd. There is another MSP facility nearby.

It is very actively patrolled. Everything else on the land side of Day Blvd is administered by BPD. You can only make left turns, and only every few streets.

Turns out he wasn’t actually on Day Blvd. He was near the Teacher’s Union building, literally behind the MSP barracks. Does that make sense as a place you’d be delivering dogs just after midnight?

View attachment 734944

Which definitely explains why they lit him up. But in 45 states, they'd have just let him on his way. Only b/c this is mASSachusetts did he get hooked up and considered some sort of d-bag. (Although he MIGHT be a d-bag, they d-bagged him b/c he had guns.)

Aside - when we were living with my grandparents the summer of 76 after moving back from OH, we'd go to Carson Beach after supper many weeknights. Just walk the beach and hang out and cool off in the pre-AC Doah'chesttah days.

God my head hurts reading this thread, thankfully I'm not drinking.
It can't hurt. Might help. LOL

Just yesterday I had 3 pistols, 14 magazines and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition in my car. No dogs though.

Or show them that video of the ex-husband who was looking for suicide-by-cop on his ex's back porch from earlier this week. That had to be 15rds per cop x3 polices. If you only have a 15rd mag and perp-1 gets 15 rds, now what??? Reload or grab another gat!?

I transported all my rifles last weekend to their new location, wrapped in a Frozen 2 blanket on the passenger seat of my truck.

It would have sucked if I got pulled over, but it would have made a great news story!

Pfft. That's like touching gools (gaols? gouls? it can't be ghouls - did we ever learn to actually spell it?) on a traffic stop.

MSP: "What's that on the passenger seat there, buddy?"

You: (glance over at blanket, turn back to cop, big deep breath) "Let it go. Let it go! Turn away and don't slam my door!"

MSP: "Have a nice night, sir."

Just yesterday I had 3 pistols, 14 magazines and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition in my car. No dogs though.

I went to the range Wednesday.

G31 in knapsack, (loaded).
Spare loaded mag in bag next to driver's foot well, (along with a bunch of other stuff)

G34 & G17 in case in back seat, (unloaded).
AR-15 in case in back seat, (unloaded).

(4) G17/34 loaded mags in range bag in back seat.
(2) loaded PMags in range bag in back seat.

(500) rounds of 9mm in an ammo can.
(200) rounds of 5.56 in the range bag.

Box in rear bed of truck containing shotgun shells, spare knife, (4) G17/34 loaded mags, (6) loaded PMags, and 100 9mm rounds.

No locks on cases, no locks on guns.
No laws broken.

Are MA towns still issuing TAHGET & Hunting restrictions for LTC? Years ago I sold a pistol to a guy and after I emailed him the eFA10 pdf receipt, he promptly locked up the case and grumbled about his shitty town lol.

I went to the range Wednesday.

G31 in knapsack, (loaded).
Spare loaded mag in bag next to driver's foot well, (along with a bunch of other stuff)

G34 & G17 in case in back seat, (unloaded).
AR-15 in case in back seat, (unloaded).

(4) G17/34 loaded mags in range bag in back seat.
(2) loaded PMags in range bag in back seat.

(500) rounds of 9mm in an ammo can.
(200) rounds of 5.56 in the range bag.

Box in rear bed of truck containing shotgun shells, spare knife, (4) G17/34 loaded mags, (6) loaded PMags, and 100 9mm rounds.

No locks on cases, no locks on guns.
No laws broken.
G17 & G34 - 3 carry mags and 6 competition mags
MkIII 22/45 - 5 mags
@700 rounds of 9mm + the 3 loaded carry mags
@300 rounds of .22lr

I know, right?

I mean, sometimes I go into the vault and look at the racks of AR's, AK's and so on, the pallets of ammo and reloading supplies and of course the wall-o-handguns and I wonder just how many guns I actually NEED? Is the number low? Like a few hundred? Or a bigger number, like a few thousand? Or should I go overboard like some of y'all and go no-limits? I saw @Reptile's vault once, and I had to stop at a local gun shop on the way home to buy more guns, due to barrel envy.

NOBODY needs four handguns to defend themselves.

Are MA towns still issuing TAHGET & Hunting restrictions for LTC? Years ago I sold a pistol to a guy and after I emailed him the eFA10 pdf receipt, he promptly locked up the case and grumbled about his shitty town lol.
A lot of people have no idea that restrictions are gone.
Even if they are told by an authoritative source they will still act the same out of an abundance of Mass Prudence (read as Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt)

I know, right?

I mean, sometimes I go into the vault and look at the racks of AR's, AK's and so on, the pallets of ammo and reloading supplies and of course the wall-o-handguns and I wonder just how many guns I actually NEED? Is the number low? Like a few hundred? Or a bigger number, like a few thousand? Or should I go overboard like some of y'all and go no-limits? I saw @Reptile's vault once, and I had to stop at a local gun shop on the way home to buy more guns, due to barrel envy.

NOBODY needs four handguns to defend themselves.
I don't know how many I will need but I'd rather be prepared to supply some to helpers if required

No, FRB won’t print restrictions on new licenses. Town cannot override this.

I love and work on Nashua. We're very close to the border. One of my customers just moved here from Arizona, we got to talking about guns, I told him don't ever,ever drive over the border with guns or ammo. He looked dumbfounded, as myself and another customer took about 15 minutes to explain how bad Mass is.

So yeah, if you're not from around here, you just don't know,and it's possible to walk into a situation like that.
Yes it sucks, but thems the laws of the Commonwealth, so don't get caught breaking them

Assuming this guy had his car legally registered, had a DL with no other shenanigans and no warrants, what should he have done when the cop asks "do you have any weapons in the car?"
Nothing, because the cop wouldn't ask that.
Have you ever bene pulled over in MA? ... there is an entire pant sh*tting thread about this.

Even if some random cop asks that, you say nothing.

You're acting like this guy was from Boston......like all you people from Boston act like everyone should know your stupid city.

No offense to you, I hate Boston and its backwards bullshit,

Where the airport is in wrong place and not on an outside beltway where it should be like 99% of other cities I fly into, all so you have to drive thru the fxcking city to get to it, all paved with gold on a union corrupted, 10 billion dollar waste of taxpayer dollars.

Where they just could have built a new airport where it should have been for half the cost, actually alleviating city and MA pike traffic, instead of making it worse. But hey, wouldn't get to collect that 4 dollar toll now.......

Where they bring Nat Gas tankers into the harbor all for the lesser good of unions and corruption to get their piece of the pie, instead of running pipelines thru PA for pennies and taking care of everyone in MA.

Or how the MBTA which I've never used, is a constant suck on our taxpayer dollars just so politicians can money launder tax dollars into their accounts........

Those are things for another day........

So I'm in North Central MA......and even I would not know where ....Day BLVD, Teachers Union or the SP barracks are.or they the MSP actively patrols the area..............and your expecting some guy from Arkansas to be astute on this??

Beyond all that who the F cares......in 45 other states other than the non reg vehicle.......its a non issue, no crime, no foul. NO CHARGES.

Lets for once, focus on how F'ed up MA is, not the fact that the guy was driving somewhere sensitive that if you don't live there, 99% of people would not know what's there or how it gets patrolled.

How it should have ended:

MA trooper: "Oh, you're from Arkansas?"
Doggo dude: "Yes sir, born and raised."
MA trooper: "Well, in that case, be on your way and drive safe."

Back
Top Bottom