• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Self Defense Attorneys??

Was it disputed whether Tremblay's attacker was armed? The only thing I can find on it was that he(tremblay) was apparently dressed in full fatigues when the police arrived?
He had fatigue trousers (olive drab) that he wore for casual wear. Tremblay donned his trousers and grabbed his shotgun when the knife-armed druggie broke into his home and headed for the bedroom where his wife was sleeping. Tremblay fired one round when the perp refused to drop the knife and continued to advance. Danvers Police did the same thing to a knife-armed suspect last week and no charges were filed. The difference? The little tin badge and the so-called "thin blue line". Tremblay is a felon now, but he and his wife are still alive. I met the man. He was well-groomed, well-dressed and well-spoken. Seemed like a real gentleman who got screwed over royally by the "system" that was supposed to protect him and whose tax dollars funds it.

I kind of agree...

I myself would not want a public defender as a lawyer...

I also wouldn't want to be locked up forever because I wanted to get a cheaper lawyer to save myself money...

Lets face it, the way the court systems are now a days it's the person with the biggest lawyer that is going to win...

Do you think Zimmerman would be out of jail right now if he went with a low cost lawyer...

If you are going to carry a gun on you, you can't be looking for a low dollar lawyer...

If you want a low dollar lawyer you might as well leave your gun at home...

It will be better for you that way, think of the weight saving, not having to carry that gun around...

( This answer was not a slam to you, it is my general way of thinking, nothing is meant in a bad way to you... )

You just explained the reasons why I stayed with the "shall issue" FID for all of these decades!

Can someone please PM me if you don't want to type publicly about this Cohen lawyer? I'm really interested in knowing why people dislike him because I was SO CLOSE to hiring him one time.

Rights vs. limits: Three Mass. men frame the debate on gun control - West - The Boston Globe

Would not touch him or his legal services with a flagpole after that interview...

And he was already banned when I joined, but I have this very informative thread for you:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/110261-nes-banned-jesse-cohen.html

Rights vs. limits: Three Mass. men frame the debate on gun control - West - The Boston Globe

Would not touch him or his legal services with a flagpole after that interview...

And he was already banned when I joined, but I have this very informative thread for you:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/110261-nes-banned-jesse-cohen.html
Well, thank you sir! You answered my question as to why these attorneys were banned from our site.

When speaking to an officer, I would put it slightly differently: "He was going to kill me (or us). I had to stop him." Saying "I was shooting to stop the threat" sounds rehearsed -- people don't talk that way.

As Rob pointed out, deliberately shooting to wound may get you into a world of legal hurt. If you were in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury, why did you shoot him in the leg instead of the center of the chest? And if you weren't in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury, then why did you use lethal force by shooting him? You've put yourself into a legal no-win situation. If you weren't in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury (which is implied by the fact that you shot to wound), then you have used deadly force when you weren't justified to do so -- congrats, you just admitted to some form of attempted murder.

Also, in terms of practicality, suggesting that you shoot someone in the knee seems to imply that you've taken Hollywood gun handling to heart, rather than the reality of the situation. Chances are that an armed confrontation will be in low-light. You'll be moving and he'll be moving. The knee is a small target to begin with and legs move around quite a bit, making it a very difficult target to hit. In contrast, the center of the chest is much larger and doesn't move as quickly. And if you actually do hit him in the knee, he scan still use a gun if he has one.

Then there is the question: was shooting him in the knee in accordance with your training?

I can honestly testify that my training was to shoot at the center of the chest, and if that doesn't work, to consider shifting aim to the head or pelvis. And I have documentation that I received and understood that advice in my training -- I mailed my training course notes to me and they are still in the sealed envelope.
i keep ,in a safe deposit box, would not want any cops to take it and lose it, in case they try to confiscate my guns.

Shut up...lawyer up! This is what I have taken from NES.
yes but it is always good to look cooperative. juries draw their own conclusions on you actions and statements. Dont forget that should need to invoke your 5a right affirmatively and then say you want an attorney. it will make it clear you are not answering due to your right and not guilt.

Can someone please explain something to me? These so-called expert gun law attorneys; why are they banned from NES?

Different reasons but bottom line is neither one behaved appropriately on the forum.

Scriv/Keith liked to attack people that posted "dumb" questions or used improper grammar. It turned off lots of people, who just up and left the forum.

Jesse did a few personal attacks on another member, was banned, eventually allowed back and repeated the behavior over a different issue.

Different reasons but bottom line is neither one behaved appropriately on the forum.

Scriv/Keith liked to attack people that posted "dumb" questions or used improper grammar. It turned off lots of people, who just up and left the forum.

Jesse did a few personal attacks on another member, was banned, eventually allowed back and repeated the behavior over a different issue.
OK, Len. Thank you for the response. Makes sense now. We are supposed to help each other here, not launch personal attacks. Us gun owners have enough enemies in this state. We do not need any more.

"My" Guidelines to Follow in MA.

1. Protect your family
2. In MA your first line of defense is avoidance (run that thru your head for .5 seconds)
3. Call the police if you can tell them of a home invasion at your address and hang up
4. Never talk to the police. See video its worth watching...

(according to the video you'll incriminate your self with the first words out of your mouth)

Anyone see inconsistencies with this method?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom