Massachusetts roster of approved handguns.

The "consumer safety" response is a lie. The central planners on Bacon Hill do not want inexpensive pistols available to the unwashed masses

Much more exciting than 4 versions of the same tarus is the target shooting roster which now includes the colt Python 6" barrel. (Revolvers in general have more un-atainium built into them than tarus's and glock's)

BBBButtttttt 4 of those are versions of the same model tarus's that's already aproved ..everybody wants one of those.
And I,m sure crackpot is super exited to add the shield plus to his inventory.
I’ll be grabbing a shield plus soon now. I sold my old shield recently. I was informed last month that it would be added to the list so I waited to avoid going the frame game route…

Much more exciting than 4 versions of the same tarus is the target shooting roster which now includes the colt Python 6" barrel. (Revolvers in general have more un-atainium built into them than tarus's and glock's)
Now that’s a big help.

I’ll be grabbing a shield plus soon now. I sold my old shield recently. I was informed last month that it would be added to the list so I waited to avoid going the frame game route…
Lol, why? Smith is not going to f*** up the trigger? Or you rugsweeping? [laugh]

Lol, why? Smith is not going to f*** up the trigger? Or you rugsweeping? [laugh]
Lol. I actually liked the old shield except for the capacity and shitty trigger (easily fixed of course). I sold the old shield to a friend and I've already got a decent holster for it so I figured why not get the Plus since it holds 10 rounds and the trigger is very good.

Curious: Why did the 6" model make the Target list while the 4" didn't make the regular list? Was the 4" not submitted for "testing," if not, why? Is there a functional difference between the 2 models (beyond barrel length)? I have questions...

Curious: Why did the 6" model make the Target list while the 4" didn't make the regular list? Was the 4" not submitted for "testing," if not, why? Is there a functional difference between the 2 models (beyond barrel length)? I have questions...
Target roster handguns need to have a 5" barrel at minimum.

Target roster handguns need to have a 5" barrel at minimum.
Thank you very much.

Follow up question: Is there a different set of qualifications, perhaps less stringent, for Target Roster v standard roster? Why would a manufacturer choose to submit one model and not another. I understand when there are 27 different variations, 1911 for instance, but in a 2 variant situation, what explains the absence of the 4" on the regular roster, given the 6" on Target?

Thank you very much.

Follow up question: Is there a different set of qualifications, perhaps less stringent, for Target Roster v standard roster? Why would a manufacturer choose to submit one model and not another. I understand when there are 27 different variations, 1911 for instance, but in a 2 variant situation, what explains the absence of the 4" on the regular roster, given the 6" on Target?
The target roster is exempt from the AGs nonsense.
The absence of the 4” from this update is explained one of two ways though. The 4” a) either was edit: not submitted or b) submitted but not in time to be included in this roster update.

Last edited:
The 6" Python on the target roster is a special version of the Python (Model SP6WFT) made to satisfy MA requirements for the target roster.

Guns on the target roster do not have to be submitted for testing.

Any 4" Python would have to be submitted for testing because revolvers on the target roster must have at least a 5" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom