Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

True, but that is a temporary thing. Anyone who gets pissed off at that really needs to grow up.

That means you can use Loeb 5 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week.
5:00am until 9:30pm. The building must be emptied by 9:30

Westwood Gun Club.

Didn't they prohibit shooting from 10pm to 5am on the Loeb range after Baker's ridiculous curfew? I know that put a hair across a few members butts.

Where do you live? I ask because MRA makes total sense for those of us metro west. But If I lived somewhere where Westwood and MRA were both convenient, I'd also consider HSC.

Office still open Wednesday and Sunday some how between selling and moving twice in the last couple months didn't get renewals till last week with forwarding

I just read on FB that the curfew will be lifted Monday and the indoor ranges will be accessible 24/7/365.

For those looking for an overall good club with lots to offer.
The Massachusetts Rifle Association (MRA) - also known as "Walnut Hill" is the oldest active gun club in America. The club is loacated in Woburn, MA.

Facilities include:
-100/200yd outdoor rifle range
-50yd range outdoor pistol/rifle range
-30ft outdoor pistol range
-Trap and Sporting Clays range
-Archery Range.
-Indoor 50ft smallbore range
-25yard indoor pistol/rifle range

More info can be found at http://www.massrifle.com/
Do you need a sponsor to become a member?

Do you need a sponsor to become a member?
Nope. Just an interview, orientation, and safety exam. Come check it out.
i live in MA for 23 years now, and i have an absolute certain feeling that for an absolute majority of any types of private clubs here, of any types of activities - they all are aimed at reducing their membership count, how it was brilliantly stated above - ' do not need an XXX as a member and seems it would even be better off without him'. :) it is pretty much universal.

even poor tom brady could not play damn golf at his country club, for how long? and if he was not worthy, then who the hell the rest of us are... :)

all kidding aside, it is what it is. heh, found a link, fits a bill 100%.
"applicants typically must be sponsored by two current club members and provide the admissions committee with testimonials from seven other people with whom the applicant has a personal relationship. Applicants also have to attend a cocktail reception at the club with members of the admissions committee "
You’re extrapolating far too much from my posts. I’m all about new membership from a broad spectrum of backgrounds.

If you have seen some of RyanDe’s post history, you would understand why I said MRA doesn’t need him and would be better off without him. But he seems to have improved his attitude a bit. Oh well, he didn’t like MRA anyway.

Last edited:
None of the clubs need any more members. We do need more shooters. The vast majority of the members don't go to the club. I see the same people every time I go.
You are wrong! Clubs need more paying members to fund the treasury.

When I joined Braintree R&P in 1999, they had ~2700 members but less than 500 used the facilities. All that extra money made for a fat treasury AND allows them to put work out to bid and pay contractors to do the work. I was at a Monday meeting where they voted to put a "cold range" strobe light in the meeting room . . . on Wednesday I saw that the work was already done.

On the other hand I was a member of another club with 250-300 members and when they had to do a capital project ($14K) they had to take zero-interest loans from members to pay for the work.

Has anyone had trouble getting into MRA lately? I went this morning for the first time in a while and my key fob beeped and the light turned green for a split second, but then it turned red and the door wouldn’t open. I’m paid up, everything is up to date. A wasted trip. :-/

Has anyone had trouble getting into MRA lately? I went this morning for the first time in a while and my key fob beeped and the light turned green for a split second, but then it turned red and the door wouldn’t open. I’m paid up, everything is up to date. A wasted trip. :-/
Stop by the office, your key fob is not working. It is either broken or has been shut off, most likely the former. If it was programmed correctly, it turns the light green and stays green for 2 seconds.

Stop by the office, your key fob is not working. It is either broken or has been shut off, most likely the former. If it was programmed correctly, it turns the light green and stays green for 2 seconds.
Thanks, I stopped by on Wed and they just replaced it. This is my 3rd key fob in about 5 years.

Any idea when they’ll start accepting new member applications again?
When the backlog of applications are processed. Because of COVID the club shrunk its normal orientation size by 50%, its booked out into December 2021. Go to the website and join the eblast or keep an eye on the Facebook page as that will be where it will be announced when the club reopens to new members.

When the backlog of applications are processed. Because of COVID the club shrunk its normal orientation size by 50%, its booked out into December 2021. Go to the website and join the eblast or keep an eye on the Facebook page as that will be where it will be announced when the club reopens to new members.
Great, thank you.

Got some cardboard after Ikea's stuff. Does MRA need them to be the back-support for the target? If they can be useful I will drop them to MRA instead of as normal recycle garbage.

Is MRA accepting new members or is there still a waiting list? I was a member years ago but let it lapse because I was planning on moving out of state.
Call during office hours tomorrow or visit the place. The calendar on the website says there's new member orientation in the evening, so I'm sure someone will be there.

Back
Top Bottom