Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

Is the Loeb range closed this week? I can't find the e-mail and I didn't see it on the web site.

Thx

You're right, it's not on the webpage but E-blasts were sent out on the 16th and the 19th, it's been posted at the club since at least the 16th and it's on the MRA's FB page. To be clear, none of this is meant as a criticism that you didn't get it as some members haven't signed up for the e-blast and, even then, occasionally someone will find that the message ended up in the junk file. If you haven't gotten an e-blast in a couple of weeks, I'd suggest signing up again via the website (in the worst case, you could end up getting notified twice for each message sent).

I hope that this helps.

You're right, it's not on the webpage but E-blasts were sent out on the 16th and the 19th, it's been posted at the club since at least the 16th and it's on the MRA's FB page. To be clear, none of this is meant as a criticism that you didn't get it as some members haven't signed up for the e-blast and, even then, occasionally someone will find that the message ended up in the junk file. If you haven't gotten an e-blast in a couple of weeks, I'd suggest signing up again via the website (in the worst case, you could end up getting notified twice for each message sent).

I hope that this helps.

Thanks it does help.

I have a habit of checking the website if I plan on going to the range. I did get the e-mail, but I couldn't find it and I wasn't sure if I had the correct dates.

I see the calendar was updated so that's good.

I picked up a new gun this past weekend and I'm itching to try it out.

Mother Nature interfered with our plans. We are working with the match director on a new date. It should be set shortly and the calender will be updated. It will be announced on FB also.

I would like to participate, whenever that happens. How do I get in the loop?

UPDATE (from the Club's Facebook page:
"Blue Balls 3" air rifle competition will be on Saturday the 28th of March at Mass Rifle Association in Woburn Ma.

The Competition will be 3 phases:
The first is 25 shots at 10 meters free hand standing
The second is 25 shots at 25 yards off off hand with a rifle standing
The third and final is 15 shots at 50 yards off hand with a rifle for a grand total of 65 shots
Allowable calibers 17 to 22 The match fee is $10.00 per person.
The targets themselves will be a series of challenging blue wooden circles (or "blue balls") on white painted cardboard.

Last edited:
Last I looked the 100/200 range was closed. I assume it's still closed until the snow melts off. Is the McLaughlin (50 yard) range closed as well?

Anybody have the guest wifi password they can IM me? Planning to do a transfer here and it would be easier with the wifi.

You must have missed the memo. Unless something has changed, this is for club VIPs only. Apparently the folks that run the club are too busy to figure out how to offer secure Wifi access, or read the post where I explained the solution.

We have found that the WiFi at Hopkinton is frequently used by members (and perhaps others) doing transfers. It's not uncommon to see a laptop out on the bed of a pickup truck closing a deal.

Can someone please put here "what is needed and requirements" for Outdoor range Quals for 100/200 and 50 yard ranges? According to a post in the MRA forum there are posts in the club house that describes what's needed, but it would be nice to have this posted here so we won't have to drive up to the club just to read the post...

Thanks.

MRA 2015 Outdoor Range Qualification

Massachusetts Rifle Association
2015 Combined Outdoor Range Qualifications
The combined McLaughlin (50yd)/Summa (100/200yd) range qualifications will involve rifle at 200 yards and pistol at 50 yards. Everyone must demonstrate rifle and pistol marksmanship ability at the range target and excellent firearms handling and safety at all times.

Requirements
Membership: Minimum 6 months
Equipment: Center fire Rifle (223 or above) Pistol (any caliber – no air pistols) 15-20 rounds of ammunition for each rifle and pistol
Spotting Scope: (optional)
Optics/Sights: Shooters Choice - All firearms MUST be sighted on Loeb range at 25 yards before qualification date.
Scheduling: Qualifications will be conducted (2) Sundays per month.
Dates will be available in the office starting in April.
Time: Meet at the Summa Gate 9:45 am Sharp on the scheduled date.
Completion: Everyone must fill out and return qualification sheet at the end of the session.

Massachusetts Rifle Association
2015 Combined Outdoor Range Qualifications
The combined McLaughlin (50yd)/Summa (100/200yd) range qualifications will involve rifle at 200 yards and pistol at 50 yards. Everyone must demonstrate rifle and pistol marksmanship ability at the range target and excellent firearms handling and safety at all times.

Requirements
Membership: Minimum 6 months
Equipment: Center fire Rifle (223 or above) Pistol (any caliber – no air pistols) 15-20 rounds of ammunition for each rifle and pistol
Spotting Scope: (optional)
Optics/Sights: Shooters Choice - All firearms MUST be sighted on Loeb range at 25 yards before qualification date.
Scheduling: Qualifications will be conducted (2) Sundays per month.
Dates will be available in the office starting in April.
Time: Meet at the Summa Gate 9:45 am Sharp on the scheduled date.
Completion: Everyone must fill out and return qualification sheet at the end of the session.

Thank you.

we need bodies and gardening tools (rakes, cutters etc. The club has a supply of tools, but more is always needed.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom