• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

just got back. relatively busy. 4 people on mclaughlin, loeb about 1/2 full and 1-2 people at pope while i was there. had a miserable day trying to sight in a sightmark red dot. i have never had trouble sighting in an optic. after 50 rounds with this thing and barely on paper i just gave up. should have bought an eotech...
My bud bought a Sightmark for his M&P sport and at 180 feet I could barely hit a 12 inch target, after a month he bought a Primary Arms red dot and 2 weeks ago I hit all 10 on target.

I have to wonder, why does the office need WiFi *at all*?

I've been doing networking (including security) for a long time, and for a situation like MRA's, I'd put everything in the office on wired Ethernet, and nothing on WiFi. Not only is it way more reliable, but it's way more secure.

What devices necessary to the running of the club require WiFi? (not just "it's easier", but there's no other option) Are there any?

I had a disappointing experience with the Massachusetts Rifle Association recently. I did a lot of research comparing club features and locations and decided that the MRA would suit my needs and desires very well. Unfortunately, I didn't check for wheelchair accessibility at the location before driving out there because I had assumed that the likelihood of such a large and old club accommodating people with disabilities was high; especially since disabled people (especially veterans) and aging people exist in numbers in the shooting community. First, I was unable to find any "handicapped" parking large enough to fold out the ramp that I use to roll out of my car. It's possible that I was in the wrong place but it didn't seem like it. Also, unless I am mistaken, I found that that the main building, where one applies for membership, had steps but no ramp. If I am correct about this, it means that there is no real way for a person in a wheelchair to get in without being carried in. From what little I saw, I could tell that the MRA was a great place to shoot. I hope that in the future they decide to make their facilities accessible to the disabled, and I would be willing to apply for membership in the future if they did.

I had a disappointing experience with the Massachusetts Rifle Association recently. I did a lot of research comparing club features and locations and decided that the MRA would suit my needs and desires very well. Unfortunately, I didn't check for wheelchair accessibility at the location before driving out there because I had assumed that the likelihood of such a large and old club accommodating people with disabilities was high; especially since disabled people (especially veterans) and aging people exist in numbers in the shooting community. First, I was unable to find any "handicapped" parking large enough to fold out the ramp that I use to roll out of my car. It's possible that I was in the wrong place but it didn't seem like it. Also, unless I am mistaken, I found that that the main building, where one applies for membership, had steps but no ramp. If I am correct about this, it means that there is no real way for a person in a wheelchair to get in without being carried in. From what little I saw, I could tell that the MRA was a great place to shoot. I hope that in the future they decide to make their facilities accessible to the disabled, and I would be willing to apply for membership in the future if they did.

Sorry to hear about this I'm on the edge of joining since there so close to my house . But I noticed that too .

You wouldn't be able to go upstairs to the 22 only range .
One of The out door ranges (you enter from out side. depending on your wheel chair you'll probably have trouble getting to the shooting benches because the ground is a mix of gravel and loses dirt.

Other parts of the club you might also have trouble moving around or getting to with a wheel chair .

This issue was brought before the BOD many times in the past. It was always tabled over concerns about the cost of infrastructure changes to accommodate the handicapped accessibility, and liability. Members should address this issue with the BOD, as more and more physically challenged individuals are actively participating in the shooting sports.

Hopkinton Sportsmens has a target stand for shotgun patterning off the the right from the road just before you get to the skeet ranges. I also doubt anyone would give you grief if you set up a patterning target on the rifle range, or the far pit on the pistol ranges (the only one of the pistol pits that also allows rifle/shotgun)

Am I correct that all ranges are slugs only as far as shotgunning goes?(Besides the trap/clays range) Where do you guys go to pattern a shotgun?

Just see Billy T. He's on one of the shotgun fields almost every Wednesday night and Sunday morning and has always been willing to set something up for any member who wanted to pattern his or her shotgun.

I've been looking to join, but I work the same hours that they are available for application drop-off (Sun 9:30am-12pm, Wed 6pm-9pm).

Does anyone know if they would be receptive to an alternate time for me to drop off my application?

I've been looking to join, but I work the same hours that they are available for application drop-off (Sun 9:30am-12pm, Wed 6pm-9pm).

Does anyone know if they would be receptive to an alternate time for me to drop off my application?

Are you available this Sunday (10/26) in the afternoon? The club is having the annual fun shoot, and the office will be open during the event through the afternoon.

If not, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do based on your schedule.

I have my "test" this coming Wednesday. Any of you folks in the club then? The guy at the office said I had to then wait 2 weeks for the interview. If any of you know of a secret handshake to make it faster I am all ears:)

Question on this Sunday's German Ring Match. I know it is off hand, is there certain shooting position or any: prone, seating, kneeling or standing?

What is the size of the target? Thanks!

Due to inclement weather the Anniversary Match has been postponed.

I believe that the target is either 17x17 or 25x25 inches. It's the one with a bull's eye value of 25 and many small rings...

How active is the massrifle forum? I can't seem to find any way to sign up. I just get "error, you do not have permission to access that area". Who would I contact about getting access?

Second question: were the results from the Fun Shoot posted anywhere?

I received the following through the e-blast, but I didn't see it on the web site calendar:

"The main facilities building and all ranges will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday 11/19 from 9:30 AM till 4:00 PM for maintenance."

Does anyone know if the maintenance was completed? I have the day off on Thursday and I planned to stop by.

I received the following through the e-blast, but I didn't see it on the web site calendar:

"The main facilities building and all ranges will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday 11/19 from 9:30 AM till 4:00 PM for maintenance."

Does anyone know if the maintenance was completed? I have the day off on Thursday and I planned to stop by.

The work was completed and the ranges are open.
Have fun!

anybody know if orientation was rescheduled for today . They set my bud up for today at 10 which at first I thought was odd and nobody was there . Mailbox full

anybody know if orientation was rescheduled for today . They set my bud up for today at 10 which at first I thought was odd and nobody was there . Mailbox full

There may be some confusion as to date/times as the normal "office hours" are Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. The office should be staffed with volunteers this evening starting around 5:30/6:00 PM if you'd like to either stop by or call.

He's gonna call them tonite the lady at the office booked him for this morning at 10am. I told him That didn't sound right and I looked at the appointment card and it for today at 10. So there is deft a mix up . When I did mine it was a Sunday

I forgot to pay my dues for this year. Was about to mail in a check, but do they try to charge some kind of late fee? Can't get in contact with anyone at the office.

The office is open Wednesday night 6-8 Sunday morning 9:30-12. Either call or best come into the office and talk about status of your membership and dues.

Back
Top Bottom