• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts National Guard Open House at Camp Edwards - this weekend (09/22-09/23)

hpm

NES Member
FYI: There will be an Open House at Camp Edwards this weekend - this is a great event, and I had always had a good time there. Good for the whole family.

Here is some information - including event schedule below!

The Massachusetts National Guard invites the public to its annual Open House at Camp Edwards on the Massachusetts Military Reservation (MMR) on Saturday, September 22, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. and Sunday, September 23, 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

The weekend will feature military encampments staffed by military re-enactors, which will include tents, field equipment, weapons, and military vehicles. These encampments will showcase an interactive timeline of history, from Colonial times to the present day.

A World War II battle reenactment will be held on Saturday and Sunday.
These one-hour events will recreate an actual World War II urban-terrain battle. This will be followed by a Combatives demonstration of current Guardsmen showcasing the modern house-clearing and patrolling techniques used by our forces overseas today.

The Massachusetts Army National Guard will conduct an Air Assault demonstration, with Soldiers rappelling from Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters and sling-loading a military vehicle. This combat operation is scheduled twice on Saturday and once on Sunday.

The National Lancers horse-mounted ceremonial unit is scheduled to conduct mounted riding demonstrations for visitors on Sunday.

The Army and Air National Guard and U.S. Coast Guard will display aircraft and military vehicles and equipment, as well as artillery and weapons.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the rare plant and animal species found at Camp Edwards and the programs run by the Massachusetts National Guard to ensure that environmental protection and military training are compatible and sustainable.

The displays and most of the demonstrations will be in the Sgt. Michael J. Kelley Tactical Training Base.

The public will be able to tour the Tactical Training Base, which is a replica of a Forward Operating Base, simulating military life and housing in Iraq, Afghanistan or the Balkans. TTB Kelley is used for training Soldiers before they are deployed to theatre.

Information will also be available about the Massachusetts Army and Air National Guard, the U.S. Coast Guard and the Air Force 6th Space Warning Squadron, all co-residents of the Massachusetts Military Reservation.

Concessions will be available.

The schedule of events is as follows:

Saturday, 22 September
0930 Coast Guard helicopter arrival
1000 Revolutionary War Muster
1100 Air Assault Demo
1130-1230 WWII Battle
1230-1330 Combatives Demo
1400 Air Assault Demo
1430 K9 Demo
1530 Combatives Demo
1530 Coast Guard helicopter departure

Sunday, 23 September
0930 Coast Guard helicopter arrival
1000 Civil War Muster
1030 Lancers
1100 Air Assault Demo
1130-1230 WWII Battle/Lancers
1230-1330 Combatives Demo
1300 K9 Demo
1345 Lancers
1400 Coast Guard helicopter departure

interesting.....i think ill be on the cape that day,,visiting my parents new house, id love to stop by and check this out. im assuming you cant CCW at Camp Edwards?

Took my son, 3 at the time, and had a blast.

We drove through the rotary at Otis recently and he saw the sign for it and hasn't stopped asking about it. The.helicopter demonstrations are incredible.

I highly recommend it. I have a great picture of my son holding a sig they had on display. Great memories.

No ccw on military bases.

Sounds like their drill weekends are better than ours lol.

And cue the training to stop a resistance comments.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom