Massachusetts National Guard being called up.

Shelter in place would mandate many people who are non essential to stop working to stop the spread. You can still go to the grocery store and pharmacies and go outside.

My work is still working as well as my wifes and many of my friends. My job is the only partially essential job as we need to keep fire systems functional in buildings.

^ this - means additional non food, non gas, non convenience stores need to shutdown and no parties.. going outside is ok, walking, jogging, etc

Government over reach? Yes. Martial law? Probably not, more likely the only thing cops would do differently is shutting down gatherings.

I didn't read whole thread.
He called up 2,000 NG for logistics, medical, transport and "support". These rumors of a Marshall Law type lockdown are BS as far as I am concerned. Could be wrong of course.
Even so, people would be allowed out for grocery stores, MD visits and many other necessities..........NY and CA are booming out volumes of new cases.
I'm hoping that here in MA we are flattening the curve.
Downtown Worcester was a ghost town today (more so than usual) - Everyone is home or at Walmart...............

Damn, I hope the Guard is going to deliver ice cream. I just went to MB and they are all out!
I just pulled some peanutbuttery goodness out of the basement freezer.

I'm done with MB for a while. Hit the smaller stores in smaller towns and you might have better luck.

Less people out as well. My Hannaford even has a state liquor store in the same plaza.

I needed to stop at the post office today to pick up a new food storage shelf for the basement. While trying to time my trip into the USPS to avoid other people, inwas dumbfounded by the amount of morons streaming in and out of the Dunkins next door. Come on people!

Because you want to go on unemployment??
I'd prefer just to have some time off and do nothing but read the books that have been stacking up.

As for unemployment, I've been working for 36yrs and have never once filed for it. I loath paperwork so I've always just grabbed a whatever job to keep busy until I find something I'd rather do. That said as I've grown older and seen the shitbags that constantly game the system the idea of lazing about does get me thinking why not, then I snap out of it and keep plugging along like a good little worker drone. Truth be told, I get bored easily and when that happens I often do dumb shit I know I'll regret so I have to stay busy working.

My wife works for the state & she’s wired in pretty high up the chain. Yes they have been activated . But that’s all . No plans for a SIP the NG is for logistics and medical etc ...

I'd prefer just to have some time off and do nothing but read the books that have been stacking up.

As for unemployment, I've been working for 36yrs and have never once filed for it. I loath paperwork so I've always just grabbed a whatever job to keep busy until I find something I'd rather do. That said as I've grown older and seen the shitbags that constantly game the system the idea of lazing about does get me thinking why not, then I snap out of it and keep plugging along like a good little worker drone. Truth be told, I get bored easily and when that happens I often do dumb shit I know I'll regret so I have to stay busy working.

If you've been working for 36 years it sounds like we are around the same age, and it sounds like you are a stand up person. So I'm shocked that you want to limit your pay to 60 % before taxes to sit home and catch up on books and call others doing the same shitbags. My wife has a home daycare and was just shut down by the state. 5 of the kids she takes care of are from dispatchers, and nurses so she should be able to stay open for them. Instead , she was told by the state that to stay open she would have to enter into a pool and would loose those kids. They would tell her what emergency kids she could take from wherever they choose. Enjoy your books. She's now unemployed as you desire

Last edited:
If you've been working for 36 years it sounds like we are around the same age, and it sounds like you are a stand up person. So I'm shocked that you want to limit your pay to 60 % before taxes to sit home and catch up on books and call others doing the same shitbags. My wife has a home daycare and was just shut down by the state. 5 of the kids she takes care of are from dispatchers, and nurses so she should be able to stay open for them. Instead , she was told by the state that to stay open she would have to enter into a pool and would loose those kids. They would tell her what emergency kids she could take from wherever they choose. Enjoy your books. She's now unemployed as you desire
It's been a crazy day.

Now I'm upset!!!

Your story PISSES ME OFF!!!

You're telling me the state has the right to tell a home day car what kids to accept!?!?

That's Fookin TYRANNY!!!

Your wife needs to go on Harry Carr or Tucker Carlson. Create a social media account and raise HELL!!!

Her day care kids should PRIORITY over all others because THEIR parents are providing life saving services for the community.

To mix in some filthy corona runt whose parents are out partying because they don't want to care for their crotch fruit is BULL SH*T!!!

Well baker just said now, there will be no shelter in place order. My trusted friend let me down.
Dont be too upset, there is a lot of panic gossip. Someone told me that someone they know in the Fire Dept said the same thing. Probably just some FD people spreading official sounding rumors. People love to gossip and the juicier the better.

Reading comprehension fail.

I never said I'd take unemployment, I(for the most part) live well within my means and if I have to for any reason take time off I make sure I'm sorted financially beforehand.

Again, I hate paperwork. It's the sole reason why I refuse to even consider promotions encouraged by my leadership team at work, the next pay grade involves sending reports off every hour to in house senior leadership and HQ. HQ can see anything they want worldwide at any time they want, they just love micro managing and the "keep busy while getting nothing accomplished" work.

Of course all this "I'd love some time off" thinking is irrelevant as I'm one of those "essential" workers(read expendable proletariat) so we'll never be shut down. They're hiring pretty much anyone with a heartbeat nowadays screening be damned, even though the mantra these days is to tell us how much they care about our health safety. I know they really really care because I'm getting voicemails and texts almost daily telling me so. [rolleyes]

"Magic 8-ball, will we be forced to shelter-in-place...?"

1584838221782.png

She can stay open for emergency personnel, but can't keep the current kids she has from emergency personnel. She has to enter into a pool, and they will tell her what kids will be sent her way. Too many unknowns and extra BS. All she wanted was to continue to watch the kids she had from the dispatcher, and nurses that she had. Word came out today that daycare providers will be eligible for unemployment which will help.

Back
Top Bottom