• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts National Guard being called up.

A friend who is an NRA instructor in western MA. He said a national guardsman friend told him monday they were going send out a shelter in place order for two weeks. Kind of ashamed i made this thread now..

No worries, Queen Bee, and if you're responding to me, I was asking the source of this part of your post:
Well baker just said now, there will be no shelter in place order.

Did you hear it on TV or read it somewhere?

Thank you to Whacko and Drgrant !
I’m glad to see some folks haven’t been drinking the koolaid. People need to STFU and not believe everything that’s floating around as fact.
This is what causes the panic and hysteria!!!
63 Foxtrot- out

For those with friends that are public safety employees, I can assure you, as a Lieutenant on a city fire department, they like to spread BS. The vast majority of rumors I've heard over the past 25 years have been complete BS. We're like a bunch of old ladies at bingo!

Keep calm, carry on, use common sense and stay safe out there.

My friend called me sunday to tell me his son was activated , transportation brigade? He had to go and do mechanical checks on vehicles , air, fluids , fuel ext.
My ret tired army budy said wait till the 181st infantry mounts up, that will most likely be lock down time.
Or what he likes to call Social Separation , you know the poor folk from the beautiful Folk.
O got out early and each passing 15 min it seemed to get more busy.
2 stores had limits on some products.
I made a stop for some last minute feel good items. Cake mix, non refridge comfort foods. Long term survival think Im set. At least until the zombies come

For those with friends that are public safety employees, I can assure you, as a Lieutenant on a city fire department, they like to spread BS. The vast majority of rumors I've heard over the past 25 years have been complete BS. We're like a bunch of old ladies at bingo!

Keep calm, carry on, use common sense and stay safe out there.

It looks like the conornavirus tinfoil machine is department dependent...

My friend called me sunday to tell me his son was activated , transportation brigade? He had to go and do mechanical checks on vehicles , air, fluids , fuel ext.
My ret tired army budy said wait till the 181st infantry mounts up, that will most likely be lock down time.
Or what he likes to call Social Separation , you know the poor folk from the beautiful Folk.
I made a stop for some last minute feel good items. Cake mix, non refridge comfort foods. Long term survival think Im set. At least until the zombies come

181 isnt going to "mount up." They are a f***ing national guard infantry unit, not the Stasi. They arent going to go around door to door f***ing with people or hurting people.

A friend who is an NRA instructor in western MA. He said a national guardsman friend told him monday they were going send out a shelter in place order for two weeks. Kind of ashamed i made this thread now..
Umm. Bakers a douche and lies way more than your friend does im betting

Also if they do stores, banks, pharmacies and take out food will still be open. Jesus, you can go to the store. There will be trucking, shipping etc. If people panic there wont be much there. Idiots that panic cause this shit.

im worried about after they shutdown and disrupt the manufacturing chains. Then there will be issues

Last edited:
im worried about after they shutdown and disrupt the manufacturing chains.

Me too. The 18-month shutdown discussion that's now making headlines can't, and won't, happen. We're basically living in a planned economy now: governments are deciding which businesses are "essential" and ordering the rest to shut down. We can pull that off for a little while, but soon the cracks are going to show and those businesses that are still open are going to need things they didn't know they needed. Business supplies will run out because some sub-sub-sub-sub-contractor needed to produce them is no longer operating. Capital equipment will break down and replacement parts won't be available. Ultimately we're going to find that very little of our economy is really inessential: there's only the urgent and the less urgent.

The classic essay "I, Pencil" should really drive this home and is worth a read for everyone who's never seen it before.

I was getting calls all day from co-workers with all the B.S. rumors.
Mass is going to do this , Trump is going to that.
Martial law.
Open the doors to the prisons and emptying them out.
No arrests .
You name it.

Like Drgrant was saying , now it's just mostly a-holes making shit up for their own amusement.

181 isnt going to "mount up." They are a f***ing national guard infantry unit, not the Stasi. They arent going to go around door to door f***ing with people or hurting people.
its all fun,
I do laugh at myself when every time Faker Baker says there will be no shelter in place order i think of when US troops where entering bagdad while the Iraqi defense minister was saying there where no US troops in bagdad and there where US vehicles driving by. i just wait for faker baker to say it and see the news real on the screen announce a shelter in place order.

This....times a million.

I wouldn't put it passed Baker to lie to us "for our own good"...

I would ignore any such order and shoot up to NH for booze, smokes, or what ever else floats your boat.

Get pulled over? Jam some tobasco your nose and claim your on your way to a minute clinic.

Well nobody in my company is being sent home. If anything we're more busy than usual as our customers have decided that since all their employees have been sent home this is a good opportunity to get the trades in to do work. Just this week I have done jobs in Warwick RI, Fall River, Framingham, Coventry RI, Norwich CT, and today in Attleboro. Next week is more of the same. I guess if I want a vacation i'll have to get sick! [smile]

these numbskulls need to GET A GRIP!!! :) lol
On toilet paper, hand sanitizer, masks, etc.
For those with friends that are public safety employees, I can assure you, as a Lieutenant on a city fire department, they like to spread BS. The vast majority of rumors I've heard over the past 25 years have been complete BS. We're like a bunch of old ladies at bingo
It's like in the movies where the secret squirrels know a disaster is coming to a city and they tell their spouse to get the kids out of town now, and don't tell you I told you to do this. Pretty soon, that person calls their mother, sister, hairdresser, etc. ... each of who calls a few friends and there is a massive exodus clogging the highways.

Faker Baker will lie and have no problem about it. He’s not going to order a lock down... yet.

He’ll follow the neighbors and limit that only essential businesses be open. no one is going to get shot by the NG, but I can see fines/tickets coming at the worst point.

So my friend who is my gunsmith, NRA instructor and good friend just called me and told me his buddy is being called up for a 2 week shelter in place order. You can take this with a grain of salt if you want but i trust him. He is my bug out location as well.

Grab what you need for 2 weeks

GOES INTO EFFECT MONDAY.......
Just heard the same thing from a reliable source, Monday lockdown by the national guard in Boston. Should be interesting going into work

The Guard will be used to “Assist” LE. They will assign soldiers to patrol with cops and “Assist” they won’t take over enforcing laws without LE I dont think. Basically if they tell people to stay home and see you out not buying groceries or what your allowed they will tell you to go home. Let’s hope this is all it is, anything is possible at this point. I’m just glad the hardcore morons aren’t posting about UN Troops taking over lol
the VAST majority of NG are NOT capable of "assisting LE" other than perhaps providing logistical support (food, water, transport, etc). Hell, after 9/11 the troops at the airports had rifles with NO AMMO. NONE. ZERO. NADA.

transportation makes sense. keep goods flowing to stores and hospitals and such. also, transportation companies have mechanics as well. I used to be with the 1058 Trans out of Hingham. Also, they don't have to follow all the driving regs that commercial drivers follow IIRC.

I was told last week by a firefighter that they were going to order a shutdown within 2 days. Yes that was last week so trust me firefighters are not in the know regardless of how much they think they might be.
I’m a firefighter. We don’t know what’s going on haha. We find out the same way. Rumors and the news

the VAST majority of NG are NOT capable of "assisting LE" other than perhaps providing logistical support (food, water, transport, etc). Hell, after 9/11 the troops at the airports had rifles with NO AMMO. NONE. ZERO. NADA.
Im Not sure I said anything different than what your yelling about, but you go girl lol

Faker Baker will lie and have no problem about it. He’s not going to order a lock down... yet.

He’ll follow the neighbors and limit that only essential businesses be open. no one is going to get shot by the NG, but I can see fines/tickets coming at the worst point.
This.
Baker in his own mind wants to do it on his own terms. He is getting pissed because the rumors are interfering with his agenda.

Back
Top Bottom