• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts National Guard being called up.

So my friend who is my gunsmith, NRA instructor and good friend just called me and told me his buddy is being called up for a 2 week shelter in place order. You can take this with a grain of salt if you want but i trust him. He is my bug out location as well.

Grab what you need for 2 weeks

GOES INTO EFFECT MONDAY.......

So my friend who is my gunsmith, NRA instructor and good friend just called me and told me his buddy is being called up for a 2 week shelter in place order. You can take this with a grain of salt if you want but i trust him. He is my bug out location as well.

Buddy of mine works with Amtrak and they were talking about the same thing

Ok, so let me ask a question. I've heard the same thing recently. But the question I have is this. Would they be declaring Martial law? Does the Massachusetts constitution even allow for the governor to declare martial law? From my understanding, federally, the President is the only that can declare Martial law. While governors may declare martial law within the state only if the state constitution allows it.

I'm of the mind set that the national guard is being called up to support logistics aspects. Not to patrol the streets to force a shelter in place.

Ok, so let me ask a question. I've heard the same thing recently. But the question I have is this. Would they be declaring Martial law? Does the Massachusetts constitution even allow for the governor to declare martial law? From my understanding, federally, the President is the only that can declare Martial law. While governors may declare martial law within the state only if the state constitution allows it.

I'm of the mind set that the national guard is being called up to support logistics aspects. Not to patrol the streets to force a shelter in place.

They don't give a shit about the Constitution even on warm, sunny uneventful days, sincerely doubt they'll give a shit in this situation. It's a race to the inevitable finish, i.e., Wuhan-esque restrictions.

Sieveboy. I get that completely, I have no delusions that they would ignore the constitution. After all its just some paper. But I'm actually curious if the State Constitution allows for it.

If you dont have what you need for 2 weeks you are wayyyyyy behind

If you dont have what you need for 2 weeks you are wayyyyyy behind

80% of the clowns are way behind.

This has nothing to do with financial hardship, people just spend money stupid. Look at all the clowns who make 400-600 dollars a week and then spend money on booze, weed etc.

f*** those guys i hope they get hit hard and let the good people survive

While still driving a brand new ''lease''car someone needs to kick these clowns in the face and tell them you don't own the damn car and grow a brain

Shelter in place would mandate many people who are non essential to stop working to stop the spread. You can still go to the grocery store and pharmacies and go outside.

My work is still working as well as my wifes and many of my friends. My job is the only partially essential job as we need to keep fire systems functional in buildings.

80% of the clowns are way behind.

This has nothing to do with financial hardship, people just spend money stupid. Look at all the clowns who make 400-600 dollars a week and then spend money on booze, weed etc.

f*** those guys i hope they get hit hard and let the good people survive

While still driving a brand new ''lease''car someone needs to kick these clowns in the face and tell them you don't own the damn car and grow a brain

I mean Im decently prepared, but broke and out of work with an injury. Go figure I prep for this the past few years and when it comes to a head Im down with a back injury. I keep laughing at everyone who called me "crazy" and got me dehydrated food as a gag gift. Jokes on you suckers

The Guard will be used to “Assist” LE. They will assign soldiers to patrol with cops and “Assist” they won’t take over enforcing laws without LE I dont think. Basically if they tell people to stay home and see you out not buying groceries or what your allowed they will tell you to go home. Let’s hope this is all it is, anything is possible at this point. I’m just glad the hardcore morons aren’t posting about UN Troops taking over lol

Heard from BIL who is a firefighter, announcement today. Give people the weekend to get supplies. I have enough to get me through for a while.

From the daily State Situation Update:

Governor Charlie Baker today activated the Massachusetts National Guard to support the Commonwealth’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, representing a significant addition of supply chain resources available to the Commonwealth and its residents.  The Governor’s order authorizes activation of up to 2,000 National Guard members across the Commonwealth, who will be tasked with supporting requests from state agencies for equipment, logistics, warehousing, and related duties. Local cities, towns, and state agencies should submit requests for support through the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency. (News Release)

The NG is being called up to help with keeping things moving.

I can see Baker "urging" people to shelter in place, but a mandatory order?

How are they going to enforce it? What would they do with violators?

Somehow I just don't see it.

But, I've been wrong before.

I can see this as being a kind of false flag or disinformation operation being spread to cause more panic.

I was told last week by a firefighter that they were going to order a shutdown within 2 days. Yes that was last week so trust me firefighters are not in the know regardless of how much they think they might be.

If they are talking about it, they'd have issues. They don't shove that information to my level because in the past people have leaked memos to Fox/CNN/whoever. I find out about stuff on Fox all the damn time, a week later, I get the powerpoint. I keep saying, if your source is Colonel/General level, it might have some actual basis. Otherwise, I can say there's probably a lockdown coming, it isn't a powerpoint, it's looking at what's going on and seeing it's coming. Educated guess maybe, but still just a SWAG.

As others have said, if you aren't prepared for it already, you are wrong.

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-2.gif

I mean Im decently prepared, but broke and out of work with an injury. Go figure I prep for this the past few years and when it comes to a head Im down with a back injury. I keep laughing at everyone who called me "crazy" and got me dehydrated food as a gag gift. Jokes on you suckers

i'm broke too LOL. I am self employed and i am at 0 income now. I should be good to stay home for extended period of time

The Guard will be used to “Assist” LE. They will assign soldiers to patrol with cops and “Assist” they won’t take over enforcing laws without LE I dont think. Basically if they tell people to stay home and see you out not buying groceries or what your allowed they will tell you to go home. Let’s hope this is all it is, anything is possible at this point. I’m just glad the hardcore morons aren’t posting about UN Troops taking over lol
The guard mostly will be used for logistical support. Transport of meals.....and water distribution (even purification) if necessary. If they go out on presence patrols yes.....they assist local and state le. Mainly they would be extra eyes for the PO po.......observe and report.

The mass guard has medical units as well that could be activated.....but .....as I've wargamed in staff exercizes......activating medical units isn't feasible because all the guard docs are full time docs for their full time employment and activating them is a negative force outcome.

The mass guard has medical units as well that could be activated.....but .....as I've wargamed in staff exercizes......activating medical units isn't feasible because all the guard docs are full time docs for their full time employment and activating them is a negative force outcome.

FINALLY! Someone else who understands this. I saw the same thing in the Reserves.

Well baker just said now, there will be no shelter in place order. My trusted friend let me down.

Lol all day people have been recirculating lies about lockdowns and shit like that, acting like they know something, when they don't know shit. Maybe teach them to not forward
crap they haven't verified or something... of course the temptation is still too high in some cases.

I literally just saw a group text from a close friend of mine, where someone told him by the end of the weekend Trump was going to lock the country down or
some bullshit (its more flowery wording, but same idea) it's all bullshit... as he was texting this, theres a thing on the TV screen that said "TRUMP HAS SAID THERE IS NO INTENTION FOR A NATIONAL LOCKDOWN" or similar. It's all bullshit. People are bored and want to make shit up to see how far it gets.

ETA: Ever remember that shit from elementary school where some shitty moron kid said the world was going to end at 3 pm? and it started circulating around the school, guy probably just
did it so he could rub one out to the prospect of how many people he got to believe it, and then everyone is holding their brreath at 3 pm and nothing happens... [rofl]

Problem with this crap is other dumbasses will believe it and keep f***ing up the stores etc even more over the weekend. Thats what actually sucks. Not to mention it keeps the
volume of people in circulation high, instead of them just staying the f*** home and getting stuff ONLY AS NEEDED which would be literally a trickle of people every day...

The thing that irritates me the most about these idiots is if there was no panic buying then most people would end up being able to buy a reasonable amount of whatever they wanted, instead of showing up at the store and getting nothing because they thought that like, TP was going to be not made anymore, or that no chicken strips would ever be made again, etc. [rofl] its just fuggin
unbelievable. these numbskulls need to GET A GRIP!!! :) lol

-Mike

Last edited:
Yes im posting the same thing since we have two threads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200320-142536_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200320-142536_Firefox.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom