• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts man arrested after threatening to shoot and burn pride flag at shopping center

May not have even been a gun owner. Does “Interference with Civil Rights, Deadly Weapons” require them to actually use a weapon or is a threat enough?

At some point in time there is the potential for every person to lose it. Given the current times and situation I am surprised we don't hear more about these types of incidents.

It would have been around 2000/2001 and the middle school my son attended was having a display of all the flags for each country in the world. The flags were hung in the hallways in the school. I went to the school to attend a choral event and right there near the main entrance of school was the pride flag hanging. I asked a few questions of staff and teachers that night and received no reasonable answer as to why the flag was there. After all, to the best of my knowledge there was no country claiming the pride flag therefore it should not have been on display. I went home and stewed on it for a few days and the more I thought about it the more upset I got.

I called the school and spoke with the VP. I was told the flag was added at the suggestion of a specific teacher who was a lesbian. When I requested the flag be removed I was basically told no. I then wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. I was made out as a bigot, racist, homophobe and everything else. I was tarred and feathered in the local paper. At that point in time I was ready to proceed to the next step to get the flag removed when my wife insisted that I back down because we had 2 kids in the school system and she didn't want them to be subjected to any associated backlash due to my actions.

In conclusion I understand people getting frustrated when this stuff is always shoved down their throats with no recourse. Not saying that was the case in Hingham but just like the Bud Lite situation people hit a breaking point and handle it in different ways.

Burn American flag: constitutionally protected.

Burn leftist cult flag: go to jail.

Don’t be stupid.

First, he didn’t threaten to burn the flag, he threatened to shoot it. That’s illegal in a bunch of ways.

Second, he didn’t own the flag, so it’s illegal for him to burn it, too.

If you want to burn a flag, you have to buy one of your own.

At some point in time there is the potential for every person to lose it. Given the current times and situation I am surprised we don't hear more about these types of incidents.

It would have been around 2000/2001 and the middle school my son attended was having a display of all the flags for each country in the world. The flags were hung in the hallways in the school. I went to the school to attend a choral event and right there near the main entrance of school was the pride flag hanging. I asked a few questions of staff and teachers that night and received no reasonable answer as to why the flag was there. After all, to the best of my knowledge there was no country claiming the pride flag therefore it should not have been on display. I went home and stewed on it for a few days and the more I thought about it the more upset I got.

I called the school and spoke with the VP. I was told the flag was added at the suggestion of a specific teacher who was a lesbian. When I requested the flag be removed I was basically told no. I then wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. I was made out as a bigot, racist, homophobe and everything else. I was tarred and feathered in the local paper. At that point in time I was ready to proceed to the next step to get the flag removed when my wife insisted that I back down because we had 2 kids in the school system and she didn't want them to be subjected to any associated backlash due to my actions.

In conclusion I understand people getting frustrated when this stuff is always shoved down their throats with no recourse. Not saying that was the case in Hingham but just like the Bud Lite situation people hit a breaking point and handle it in different ways.

You had a meltdown because of a flag?

Does this make you a snowflake or a Karen, or both?

You had a meltdown because of a flag?

Does this make you a snowflake or a Karen, or both?

I wouldn't categorize it is a meltdown. More like a slow boil.

At the time it made me a concerned parent who still believed, naively, that schools should be teaching kids reading, writing and arithmetic and not pushing a social agenda.

My context was also different. I had been a bachelor for years and not in touch with the public school system. I had recently married my wife who came with a couple of kids. That resulted in me being exposed to the workings of the public school system and surprised and disturbed by what was being taught and pushed in the classrooms.

I saw this on the late tv news but there was no mention of the alleged derogatory statements about the Jewish people.
2023-04-13-19_06_45-scammell.jpg-%E2%80%8E-Photos.jpg

Not one of us. NES ladies and gents are never racist nor antisemitic nor transphobic.

You know, there are days I think this place is lost. Then I see this and it renews my faith in NES. :)

Burn American flag: constitutionally protected.

Burn leftist cult flag: go to jail.

Burn your own flag - constitutionally protected. Threaten to burn someone else's flag - go to jail. It's literally black and white. Well, actually, it's more of a rainbow. [rofl] [rofl]

And I'm wondering why he didn't leave a nasty note asking why they don't go and buy their own flag. ;)

You know, there are days I think this place is lost. Then I see this and it renews my faith in NES. :)

Burn your own flag - constitutionally protected. Threaten to burn someone else's flag - go to jail. It's literally black and white. Well, actually, it's more of a rainbow. [rofl] [rofl]

And I'm wondering why he didn't leave a nasty note asking why they don't go and buy their own flag. ;)

Weird that the police statement concentrates on alphabet people and not property rights.

But ok, I’ll buy the cult’s flag and send it to you. You can burn it and post it to social media to prove us all wrong.

Fair enough. But those are some pretty heavy accusations and with all due respect a chicken shit move on your part.
Eh I'll sleep okay with it... if i ever met him and saw him face to face id tell him exactly what i think of what he posts here... but since I'm not going to waste my time flying back to Boston to do that and getting into an internet fight with someone i deem worthless of my time isn't a productive thing to do today...i guess ill just keep him on ignore?

Back
Top Bottom