• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Licenses to Carry in 1924

So sad.
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

If you want to go nuts try to google the 2ed amendment and try to find the sentence I posted above.

Norwood had a healthy 83. This article after reading the first few paragraphs, just shows you how even back then it was in the states media’s eyes, it was us against the goverment. We are trying to change that ?

This country went through a civil war some 155 years ago.
This time it will be those that want to take them against those that refuse to give them up..
They have a saying below the Mason-Dixon line that says "The south will rise again".
How times have changed.
Now it's the slaves that live north of that line!
And we'll be the ones that need to be freed!
civwar.jpg

Last edited:
The tone of that piece is really shocking/amazing. In 1924, at least under federal law, anyone could buy fully-automatic weapons and short-barreled rifles and shotguns...you could buy firearms by mail (actually, even I remember when that was legal)...and many/most schools had rifle teams.

Maybe what really shocks me is the very sharp, almost hostile, sense of us (the good people) vs. them (those who carry a gun, the bad people).

They didn't hang enough politicians between then and now.

"allowed the privilege"........why you arrogant sons of bitches!!!!!!

I'm curious, when was the last time you hanged anybody? Do you have pictures of the hanging? Newspaper article? Whom did you hang? Obituaries?

Probably three-quarters of everything you post is nonsensical bloviation. You will never hang anyone. You have never hanged anyone. All you do is post meaningless threats that you'll never follow up on.

The tone of that piece is really shocking/amazing. In 1924, at least under federal law, anyone could buy fully-automatic weapons and short-barreled rifles and shotguns...you could buy firearms by mail (actually, even I remember when that was legal)...and many/most schools had rifle teams.

Maybe what really shocks me is the very sharp, almost hostile, sense of us (the good people) vs. them (those who carry a gun, the bad people).

Mass's gun laws were basically directed against immigrants. Notice how the law as described in the article targets native-born versus foreign-born? 1924 was three years after the Sacco and Vanzetti trials, which were basically sham trials based on overt ethnic and political discrimination that was rife at the time throughout the entire Mass law enforcement system.

Sacco and Vanzetti - Wikipedia

azzholes have been running this place for four centuries.

FIFY.

Mass's gun laws were basically directed against immigrants. Notice how the law as described in the article targets native-born versus foreign-born? 1924 was three years after the Sacco and Vanzetti trials, which were basically sham trials based on overt ethnic and political discrimination that was rife at the time throughout the entire Mass law enforcement system.

Well-made point. And good catch on the 'four.' ;)

I'm curious, when was the last time you hanged anybody? Do you have pictures of the hanging? Newspaper article? Whom did you hang? Obituaries?

Probably three-quarters of everything you post is nonsensical bloviation. You will never hang anyone. You have never hanged anyone. All you do is post meaningless threats that you'll never follow up on.

FIFY.

Hey a$$hole.....there's an ignore button in your user cp.........if you don't like what I post, use it or shut your pie hole.🖕🏿

Well-made point. And good catch on the 'four.' ;)

If anyone gets a chance to visit the John Adams Courthouse at One Pemberton Square, there's a display about the Sacco and Vanzetti trials. The court staff also offer tours of the building. One interesting piece of history from that time period, where Mass law enforcement was battling anarchists, is right outside the Holmes Courtroom (I think Courtroom No. 1?). There's bomb blast marks and I think bullet holes on the stairwell next to the Holmes Courtroom.

Visit the John Adams Courthouse

You basically go in the "back door" across from the Federal courthouse, through security, and go around the staircase and can see the damage.

No sales to minors under 15 but “teachers may furnish military weapons to pupils for instruction” ah the good ol days. Seems like they were still very anti brass knuckles and blackjacks though zoobows aren’t specifically mentioned.

My dad got the LTC in Medford in 1950. He did it only so that I could buy the Colt Woodsman. I was 15. Straw purchase. I had a good time with it as a felon till I was old enough to get my own LTC. Jack.

I'm not sure straw-purchase laws existed prior to 1968. F mASS. I'm talking federal.

Back
Top Bottom