Massachusetts Legislature Voting on Anti-Civil Rights Bill TODAY!

So for out of state permits, no interview on renewal - but what is that 5th year considered when you have to actually show up in Chelsea? Is that a renew? Two separate things maybe.

Bunch of articles out with this threat.

"Democratic leaders — who have pledged to draft tougher legislation when they come back into formal session next year"

In 2022, the Massachusetts General Court was scheduled to convene on January 5, 2022, and adjourn on July 31, 2022.

The name "General Court" is a hold-over from the Colonial Era.
Wylie had inquired about the legislative session . . .

The 192nd Massachusetts General Court is the current meeting of the legislative branch of the state government of Massachusetts. It consists of elected members of the Senate and House of Representatives. It first convened in Boston at the Massachusetts State House,[citation needed] on January 6, 2021, during the governorship of Charlie Baker. The 192nd term will end in early 2023.

So, still left wondering. Is it over, or do we need to keep watching (calling, writing); for this round?

Our side needs to put together some bills for the next session. We need to pepper them with a lot of little ones, and keep filing them. They need to be persistent, and relentless. Also big ones, so maybe the little ones will sneak by. Also have language ready to insert as amendments at a moment's notice. Need to keep hitting and hitting nonstop. Sure, we only have a few fans in the statehouse, but time to put them to work for us.

Maybe a new thread, entitled "An Act to ...", and then put in whatever minor fix to happen. I for one, would love to see them remove the .22LR limit on night hunting for coyote. Also, remove the ban on buckshot outside of deer season, also for coyote. Those are a couple examples of smaller bills. A "BIG BILL" would be Sunday hunting, or something to do with AWB, or suppressors. Meanwhile, keep lobbing in the small ones.

So, still left wondering. Is it over, or do we need to keep watching (calling, writing); for this round?

Our side needs to put together some bills for the next session. We need to pepper them with a lot of little ones, and keep filing them. They need to be persistent, and relentless. Also big ones, so maybe the little ones will sneak by. Also have language ready to insert as amendments at a moment's notice. Need to keep hitting and hitting nonstop. Sure, we only have a few fans in the statehouse, but time to put them to work for us.

Maybe a new thread, entitled "An Act to ...", and then put in whatever minor fix to happen. I for one, would love to see them remove the .22LR limit on night hunting for coyote. Also, remove the ban on buckshot outside of deer season, also for coyote. Those are a couple examples of smaller bills. A "BIG BILL" would be Sunday hunting, or something to do with AWB, or suppressors. Meanwhile, keep lobbing in the small ones.
Over, for this round.

View: https://youtu.be/nS-SojnUy4s
Jim Wallace on Cam & Co regarding the situation

Jim speaks SO well, clearly, eloquently, and very knowledgeably. I think a part of the trouble is image. Because he has a beard, hat, and is a big guy, a lot of the Eastern MA weenies will dismiss him on looks alone.

Just a side question or thought: Does Jim have anyone he is "bringing up" as a protege? At some point, he is going to retire, and I doubt our other friend at GOAL is going to take that position. In fact, it would be useful if he have several, as sometimes things just don't work out. It would be good to maybe try with interns or something else like that part time. I really don't know, but am fearful for a Jim-less future for Massachusetts.

Over, for this round.
Thank you.

Just a side question or thought: Does Jim have anyone he is "bringing up" as a protege? At some point, he is going to retire, and I doubt our other friend at GOAL is going to take that position. In fact, it would be useful if he have several, as sometimes things just don't work out. It would be good to maybe try with interns or something else like that part time. I really don't know, but am fearful for a Jim-less future for Massachusetts.
Yes.
Mike Harris

View: https://goalpodcast.libsyn.com/goals-2021-review-and-2022-outlook-with-mike-harris-legislative-updates-smokeless-vs-black-powder

The formal session has ended, the legislature is in informal session now until January.

Sorry just checking in

No more infringement at the moment?
Always infringement. It's a daily schedule item.

As for the bill, the latest I can find is H.5163, which seems to have been passed by the House and Senate and gone to Baker's desk. I'm going through the particulars now.

Don't forget they added harassment orders as a DQ which anyone can get for any reason...
I started to read up on them. It does seem like they may have a lower threshold than restraining orders. I agree that they likely don’t provide enough due process to be used to restrict someone’s rights. However, they do still require certain elements for reasoning. Not just for “any reason”.

Does anybody know how often these things are requested? It seems to me like the most common use would be neighbor squabbles.

Harassment prevention orders aren’t limited to specific types of relationships.

You can ask for a Harassment Prevention Order (a "258E Order) from a judge if you’re suffering from harassment because someone has committed 3 or more acts:

• That were willful and malicious. This means it was done on purpose and was done for cruelty, hostility or revenge
  • Were aimed at you.
  • Were intended to cause you fear, intimidation, abuse, or damage to property. “Abuse” means causing or attempting to cause physical harm, or causing fear of imminent serious physical harm.
  • Did in fact cause you fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property
or

• Someone has forced you to have sex or threatened you into havin
    • g sex at least once
  • or

• Someone has committed 1 of these crimes against you at least once:
      • Indecent assault and battery
      • Rape
      • Statutory rape
      • Assault with intent to rape
      • Enticement of a child
      • Criminal stalking
      • Criminal harassment
      • Drugging for sexual intercourse”

Well that's awesome. I bet zero evidence is required
I was told by a police officer I could get one on a neighbor recently and was surprised at the low standard to get one.

She's just a crazy liberal that I ignore and never respond to. She takes pics and calls various town offices whenever black or hispanic ppl are outside across the street a ways down. Recently we found out she was posting pics of us on a town snitch site so I commented on her false allegations (us hanging out she claimed is a illegal business. They are just swapping rims like all Honda kids)
She called the cops about the comment. When he arrived I discussed her police history (she used to attack ppl who parked across the street and yells leaves notes etc) and I was advised to get a harassment order due to her false complaints and wasting police time.

Seems like a low standard to me. We just ignore her and she hasn't attacked anyone in years lol.

Last edited:
Don't forget they added harassment orders as a DQ which anyone can get for any reason...
I really don't see where a harassment restraining order is all that different from any other type of restraining order in the sense that a MA licensing authority is not going to want to issue an LTC to anyone with any kind of active restraining order currently in effect against them. Even without the new provision, I would think that any MA licensing authority would use suitability (if necessary) to deny an LTC to someone with an active harassment restraining order against them. Am I wrong about that?

I really don't see where a harassment restraining order is all that different from any other type of restraining order in the sense that a MA licensing authority is not going to want to issue an LTC to anyone with any kind of active restraining order currently in effect against them. Even without the new provision, I would think that any MA licensing authority would use suitability (if necessary) to deny an LTC to someone with an active harassment restraining order against them. Am I wrong about that?
No, you are correct and I'm sure that police have used the 258E harassement restraining order to strip some folks of their guns/ammo/LTC in the past . . . and will continue to do so in the future with this bill or without it.

I was told by a police officer I could get one on a neighbor recently and was surprised at the low standard to get one.

She's just a crazy liberal that I ignore and never respond to. She takes pics and calls various town offices whenever black or hispanic ppl are outside across the street a ways down. Recently we found out she was posting pics of us on a town snitch site so I commented on her false allegations (us hanging out she claimed is a illegal business. They are just swapping rims like all Honda kids)
She called the cops about the comment. When he arrived I discussed her police history (she used to attack ppl who parked across the street and yells leaves notes etc) and I was advised to get a harassment order due to her false complaints and wasting police time.

Seems like a low standard to me. We just ignore her and she hasn't attacked anyone in years lol.

To be fair, she has seemingly had a history of harassment with available documented incidents.

Kind of a two edge sword. On one edge you could file a harassment order on her. One the other, she could file one on you. I'd guess you have more to loose.

Kind of a two edge sword. On one edge you could file a harassment order on her. One the other, she could file one on you. I'd guess you have more to loose.
Cop said she can't since I never spoke to her or reported anything false or otherwise. Apparently her false reports and police calls were a reason to get one. That being said we never had any physical or 2 sided verbal anything. I don't think a harassment order should even be allowed unless something verified crazy/violent happens like those videos of neighbors ripping down each others trees, garages, fences etc....

Last edited:
Is there a writeup on whatever the final bill was?

Would love to see what lines of MGL were actually changed to accommodate the new Supreme Court ruling. New above old, line for line, to compare.

Now it is time for the Statehouse Bookstore to update their MA gun laws poster as required by law for them to do annually.

Section 11: Printing statutes for posters; display​

Section 11. The state secretary shall, annually, cause to be printed, in English and in such other languages as he may deem necessary, and in large letters so as to be easily read, for use as a poster, section one hundred and thirty-one of chapter one hundred and forty and sections ten, twelve B, and fourteen of this chapter. Sufficient copies of the said posters shall be sent to the clerks and to the superintendents of schools in all cities and towns for their use as herein provided. The city or town clerks shall cause posters received by them to be displayed in such places as they may select, and in such numbers, according to the population of the city or town, as its clerk may deem expedient. The superintendents of schools shall cause the posters received by them to be distributed among the schools within their jurisdiction, and in such numbers as they may deem necessary. The cost of preparing and printing the posters and of distributing them to the various cities and towns shall be paid by the commonwealth, and the cost of placing or affixing them in each city or town shall be paid by that city or town.

OK, I did my own writeup. How do I post a huge doc to this forum? It makes the most sense to just scroll through it. I have it formatted and somewhat color-coded.
Thanks.
You can load it onto your Google Drive and set it so it's free to share and then put the link on here so people can download it. Or attach the file?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom