• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Legislature Voting on Anti-Civil Rights Bill TODAY!

From mass.gov

"Once the Legislature approves its budget, it is sent back to the Governor who has 10 days to review the budget. The Governor may approve the entire budget, veto the entire budget, or veto and reduce specific line items. The Governor may not add any items to the budget at this time."
Faker is anti gun. He will pass it.

The only issue I think he may have is the doubling up of the cost.......everything else will be a rubber stamp to say he is keeping MA safe from the Supreme Court.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if many of the state's CoPs are not unhappy at all about the new terms. Yes, there is twice the workload for someone in the department, but I'll bet many feel it's worth it to retain the heavy hand of control they had before Bruen. [thinking]
Our problem is we do not have the heavy hand of shall issue within 40 days or be sued. No teeth. Despicable. No accountability.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Baker.
He hates the second amendment more than some of the Dems.
Oh, I know. It would be a symbolic gesture at best... some minor, fleeting proof that The Faker is still an "R" even if a very weak RINO.

The Dims control the state. Unless some MA CoP organization objects quickly and loudly, this new crap will become law. It's a done deed.

GOAL needs to stop playing Checkers and start playing some goddamn Chess. Use their own tactics against them...
In this case, this bill, which was not debated on at all at the legislative level, is fundamentally Racist, and was written by elite political racists, and is simply a continuance of Massachusetts long history of enacting racist legal policy wherever possible. It is racist because it disproportionately, and deliberately, targets and puts undue financial burden on Low Income areas in Massachusetts. Areas which are also predominantly occupied by minority classes in Massachusetts; effectively denying them, through added financial burden, of their fundamental natural right to Self Defense as enshrined in the 2nd Amendment and confirmed by this latest Supreme Court Decision with Bruen.
Does the single mother of three in Lawrence living in low income housing not have as much of a right to self defense as someone living in Boxford?

Perhaps get the ACLU in on this line of thinking. It wouldn't be the first time they've sided with a 2A issue on similar grounds (although I couldn't name the other(s) off hand).

Frank

Perhaps get the ACLU in on this line of thinking. It wouldn't be the first time they've sided with a 2A issue on similar grounds (although I couldn't name the other(s) off hand).

Frank
The problem, besides the ACLU historically opposing the RKBA, is they're all wound up about the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision. They're not likely to help.

If they wanted to operate under the guise of public safety don’t you think they would’ve reduce it to three years and cut the price in half? Even though it’s more work? Or maybe 3/4 of a six year price every three years? It’s just obvious what’s going on here

While probably useless I contacted my senator and asked they at least strip the license term reduction from the bill before passing. I don't have any real hopes though.

While probably useless I contacted my senator and asked they at least strip the license term reduction from the bill before passing. I don't have any real hopes though.
That's not the worst part. They added harassment orders to the list of gun confiscating offenses. Anyone can get one for any reason.

Contacted my Rep (a Dem) and also brought up the Illegals getting driver's licenses and she called me a racist.

Contacted my Sen (a Republican) and he hasn't responded.

Welcome to Massachusetts!

We should push for illegals to get their LTCs without any questions or hassle. Then MA politicians will protect 2A rights :rolleyes:
"If SCotUS says the 2A is a core civil right, why is the Legislature denying the civil rights of the undocumented?! Why should communities living the shadows have to be subject to a police interview to exercise their fundamental right to self defense as human beings? These marginalized downtrodden peoples, many from communities of color or refugees from places where they are fearful of interactions with authorities often are victimized by criminals and need to be able to protect themselves without fear..." -Wealthy woke identifying as wymyn persons of pallor with degrees from Wellesley

No really, the way this state is headed: illegal aliens will have Constitutional Carry and Stand Your Ground protections while grandpa is getting curbed stomped by a DA in a few years because he didn't know LTCs were reduced to only being good for 3 years.

Last edited:
So it's off to the senate with this legislation and I have to call Jason Lewis now. What is the exact bill number I want him to oppose, can anyone tell me this?

Does it simply go from H5046 to S5046?

Can't they put together a bill or amend exising ones to reconcile the GOAL bill, this onerous one, and the SC ruling? Bonus: add Katrina as an amendment.

So it's off to the senate with this legislation and I have to call Jason Lewis now. What is the exact bill number I want him to oppose, can anyone tell me this?

Does it simply go from H5046 to S5046?
No. The h. or s. indicate where the bill originated. The senate will act upon a bill that originates in the house under the house bill number and vice versa.

However, the bill has a new number post amendments.

7/21/2022HousePublished as amended, see H5076

Back
Top Bottom