Massachusetts Lawyers Specializing in Firearm Law

Isn't this the lawyer that got banned from here? There must have been a reason, but no matter what if a laywer screwed me or my family over, we would report them to the regulators. (A friend of the family worked there so we used to hear all kinds of shocking stories about crooked friggin lawyers).

You can report bad lawyers here, and I hope you do: http://www.mass.gov/obcbbo/complaint.htm

Yes from what I have heard he was banned from NES, this program he started was before he was banned.

I find it amazing, I posted this and within 9 hours of me posting what I said about Jesse I get an e-mail from him asking how I'm doing and that it's been a long time since we have been in touch and if there is anything he can do for me to just contact him [rolleyes] [thinking] [rolleyes]

Yes from what I have heard he was banned from NES, this program he started was before he was banned.

I find it amazing, I posted this and within 9 hours of me posting what I said about Jesse I get an e-mail from him asking how I'm doing and that it's been a long time since we have been in touch and if there is anything he can do for me to just contact him [rolleyes] [thinking] [rolleyes]

Wow, that is amazing allright. He must be lurking here.

I would definitely report his @$$ to that agency. There are already so many scumbag lawyers out there and even though its only $99, imagine how many other people he may have scammed into paying up front and then doing nothing for them.

Once you report, my understanding is that will trigger an investigation into eveything he does. Although since he's in here reading this, he's probably frantically calling all of the people from whom he took money and then did nothing, which ultimately would be a good thing.

Nevertheless, report him. Those stories our friend told us about scumbag lawyers are still fresh in my mind, and only the clients like you have standing to report these crooks to the regulatory agency. YOU WILL BE DOING EVERYONE A FAVOR.

Hi my name is Cory, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea if after receiving an O.U.I in Ma. If it would still be possible to receive my class A License to carry. The O.U.I. Charges were "continued without a finding" after I meet all of the courts requirements. So If anyone can help me find the answer it would be greatly appreciated. Seeing as how it will probably save me around 200 dollars in application fees and handgun safety class fees and what not. Just to find out later on, that I was going to be inelligable from the start. Any advice would be a great help thanks. Airborne!!

CWOF is NOT a statutory disqualifier. However, every chief can use "suitability" to determine what action he'll take on an application.

Therefore, my personal recommendation is go to the Court Clerk's office where the case was heard and pay ~$1.00 for a copy of the Docket Sheet in your case. Make a copy of that and an appointment to meet with your police chief. Lay it out and ask directly if this one (assuming only interaction with police) indiscretion would be held against you?

After that you can determine a "plan of action" involving a lawyer if needed or whatever.

Good luck!

If it has been a long time since your OUI, I think you would be in a better position to convince your chief of police. If the OUI has been recent, I suspect he may be less inclined to issue you an LTC.

Either way, I think you should be ready to explain to your chief what happened, what you have learned, your drinking habits, etc.

Remember that he over his career he has undoubtedly dealt with many alcoholics (no, I'm not saying you are an alcoholic) who have promised to reform, and yet ended up in custody yet again. Just think about where he may be coming from.

Last edited:
Wow David. I had no idea this happened. $99 and a $200 Four Seasons Gift Card coming your way. My office has been undergoing a major transition. I have hired 4 attorneys and 1 admin. In my 12 years of practice I have never screwed anyone over. If there is anyone else out there in David's situation there's $99 plus $200 gift certificate coming to you. I had no idea you slipped through the cracks. I'm terribly sorry.

I just got back on the forum and saw this. I'm very hurt because in my 12 years of practice no one has said such things. If I make a mistake, I always make it right. If anyone ever wants to reach me with questions or concerns or complaints please tell me so I can fix it.

Thanks Jesse

I allways thought you were a stand up guy, I'm not going to lie, it hurt bad what happened to me.

I tryed to get a hold of you, I e-mailed you, I called you, I called your office and I even tryed Facebook. Still never heard from you.

Hopefully we can mend some fences and move on from here.

David

Hey David:

Anything else I can do for you just let me know.

Does anyone know if it will be worth my while (or even possible) to have an attorney help me with getting a MG license? My CLEO told me in a very nice way, that he does not issue them for the town of Winthrop, regardless of my credentials and background. Can this be fought or is it something I just need to accept?

Does anyone know if it will be worth my while (or even possible) to have an attorney help me with getting a MG license? My CLEO told me in a very nice way, that he does not issue them for the town of Winthrop, regardless of my credentials and background. Can this be fought or is it something I just need to accept?

Sounds like an interesting challenge. To declare the town of Winthrop a "no machine gun zone" arguably exceeds the chief's powers as the chief acts as both legislator and law enforcer.

The legislature in Massachusetts provided for the lawful possession of machine guns. It also dictated that the chief may not act in a arbitrary and capricious manner nor abuse his discretion.

Do any of the lawyers listed in this thread work on cases of self defense with a firearm? I'm asking because I don't see any specific references to that type of criminal defense on any of their websites and I want to know who's number I can have in my back pocket in case of an unfortunate need. Obviously the specifics of the case matter, but I just want to know who to call.

The legislature in Massachusetts provided for the lawful possession of machine guns. It also dictated that the chief may not act in a arbitrary and capricious manner nor abuse his discretion.

The "arbitrary and capricious" standard is well established for LTC's, however, I am not aware of any specific precedent that establishes such for MG licenses. (there may indeed be such precedent; I am just not aware of it).

The statute states that there are only two reasons for issuance: "bona fide collector" and "LE training". Obtaining an 03 FFL (C&R) establishes bona fide collector status. But, that being said, getting a MA court to order a chief to issue a MG license is going to be a very steep uphill fight. The chief can simply argue "There is nothing arbitrary about this denial. After careful consideration, I have decided that the needs of the community for safety outweigh the needs of anyone to collect a MG", and chances are the court will accept that as a non-arbitrary decision.

As Rob stated, it's not arbitrary for many chiefs . . . they have a firm policy of NOT issuing any MG Licenses! Perceptions of "safety for the community" probably would convince most MA judges to agree.

Obtaining an 03 FFL (C&R) establishes bona fide collector status.

Not in Marlborough, it doesn't. Not according to Sgt Moran. He wanted to know what other proof I had I was a collector. They also require a monitored security system to be installed in the house. He told me that there were exactly TWO green cards in town. And he sure wasn't interested in typing up a third.

Not in Marlborough, it doesn't. Not according to Sgt Moran. He wanted to know what other proof I had I was a collector. They also require a monitored security system to be installed in the house. He told me that there were exactly TWO green cards in town. And he sure wasn't interested in typing up a third.

According to the CMR's it does. But, there is no law that states that the chief MUST issue a license to a bona fide collector; only that being one is a valid reason if (s)he chooses to do so.

I know that. YOU know that. Sgt Moran and MPD does not care what the CMRs say.

FIFY

Keep in mind that since nothing obligates any PD to issue said permits, they can be as obtuse as they want to be!

It sucks but as long as local tin-pot dictators have veto power they will abuse it.

I spoke with Stephan Burke today. He was extremely helpful and didn't charge me for my consultation. He advised me to send in my paperwork because nothing was on my record that would prevent me from getting my ltc. Stephan Burke is in the western ma area.

ok hi i need to speak with steven burke got denied yesterday on dec 18th when i called frb it was 3months in after the Lo told me i was all set upon fingerprints and looking at my background so im confused as to why i got denied. called but he does not answer. what do i do now. do i have to wait for it in writing or can i start process now.

To the moderators. The original opening post really needs to be updated. Attys. Guida and Burke aren't listed and maybe others. It would help folks who don't know this.

The "arbitrary and capricious" standard is well established for LTC's, however, I am not aware of any specific precedent that establishes such for MG licenses. (there may indeed be such precedent; I am just not aware of it).

That language he referenced was established specifically in a case about LTC "suitability," however the case it piggybacks off of has nothing to do with firearms, but is in reference to discretion in general by a public official. I agree with Jesse, it just hasn't been hammered out to apply to an MG license in a higher Mass court.

But, that being said, getting a MA court to order a chief to issue a MG license is going to be a very steep uphill fight.

Agreed.

Do any of the lawyers listed in this thread work on cases of self defense with a firearm? I'm asking because I don't see any specific references to that type of criminal defense on any of their websites and I want to know who's number I can have in my back pocket in case of an unfortunate need. Obviously the specifics of the case matter, but I just want to know who to call.

I would also like to know if there is a "back pocket" attorney of note who handles criminal defense or "carry" incidents. I would prefer to know I am calling someone with specific experience in this matter. I live on the NH/MA border and am legal in both states so someone with experience on both sides of the fence would be desirable.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom