• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts lawmakers weigh gun control bills responding to Newtown shootings

Reptile

NES Member
BOSTON – Massachusetts lawmakers are still grappling with dozens of gun-related bills more than six months after a shooting rampage left 20 first-graders and six educators dead in neighboring Connecticut.

Those bills include proposals like Gov. Deval L. Patrick’s legislation to tighten access to high-powered rounds of ammunition, create four new types of firearms-related crimes and mandate that buyers undergo background checks before purchasing weapons at gun shows.

While Patrick’s bill takes a sweeping approach to updating the state’s firearms laws, many of the other nearly 60 gun-related bills under consideration are more targeted.

Massachusetts lawmakers weigh gun control bills responding to Newtown shootings | masslive.com

---
Latest article on the gun hearings.

What ever they propose it'll pass its just how this state is . I'm not saying I'm going to give up but just saying

I am so EFFING sick of this shit!!! [puke]

As am I. That's why I urge everyone reading this thread to visit GOAL's page on the public hearings. Now that you've done that, don't stop there. Tell everyone you know who owns a gun or just thinks that this should be a free country where you can own a gun even if they choose not to about the hearings and GET OUT THERE. These aren't the Linsky roadshow of crap where you don't get to speak. These are the public hearings that are a formal part of the democratic process and, despite what many think, our voice can have an impact. Every politician that will vote on this stuff has an aide keeping a tally of oral and written commentary both for and against these bills and it's a straight-up numbers game as to their fate.

Attend a hearing and speak your comments into the public record - not just facts and figures but how these irrational regs would impact you personally
If you can't do that, submit written comments - send them to both committee chairs and any other politicians you want to add to the list
If you can't do that, call the offices of both committee chairs and make your voice heard

At the very least, spread the word so more of "us" are commenting than those who oppose freedom. Check out GOAL's resource page (through the link) for some great stuff to help you prep and connect with Itstime2a.org to get on the mailing list of updates about this crap so nothing falls through the cracks.

I'm not crazy enough to think that we'll get a bunch of MA elected officials to stand up and say "I'm voting against these because I believe in the Second Amendment" or anything, but I do feel confident that if they see a large enough mountain of opposition that they'll figure some procedural way to kill these such that they can say to the anti-freedom folks "we tried our best" or "I supported tough gun laws" while not actually passing anything. But, if they don't hear from us then they'll believe that crap about "90% of people want <fill in whatever garbage restriction here>".

Back
Top Bottom