Massachusetts, I need your help..

MassPete

NES Member
I was at the local range yesterday and ran into a few other guys shooting. We talked about the lack of ammo, Boston Marathon idiots, etc... They had no idea about the proposed gun law changes in Rhode Island, Linsky and Co. here in Mass and my biggest issue, No clue about the new CT. and NY. gun laws... So off I went.... One of them was planning a trip to Cabellas (Mass Resident) this week to see what they had for ammo...

BEFORE YOU GO OFF ON THEM!!!!

I was as ignorant as they are till I joined NES. I think it's up to us to spread the word to all members of our clubs and organizations... I need help with a generic flyer, straight to the point, that can not only be emailed, but printed out and laminated to post on the pistol range, the rifle range, the archery range, the skeet range, the bar, the banquet hall and your local Dunkin Donuts....

We all need to be on board for this fight. If someone in the Graphic Arts business can come up with an educational flyer, 8.5x11 that can get the attention of all, including the "fudds"... please post it here in "PDF" format.. Then we can all print it out, have it laminated and posted... Also, have included in the local club blastmail...

I started with Massachusetts, but all of New England and New York need to stick together...

For you angry, anti "fudd", anti law enforcement crowd, There is strength in numbers... This administration is working to divide us. "Divide and conquer". Ever hear of that from the past? We need to stick together and work together or we will be overrun in the future. We need to educate as many friends, family, children etc.. as possible. If not, we only have ourselves to blame.

Quick question, because after having moved, not having any internet except at work, and not having any time to surf NES, I'm a little sheltered...

Whats the issue with going to CT to buy ammo? (Searching almost a months worth of NES is just too much, the readers digest version please)

Whats the issue with going to CT to buy ammo? (Searching almost a months worth of NES is just too much, the readers digest version please)

You need a CT license to buy ammo and if you're not from CT, you don't have the ability to get one.

I've been wanting to make a flyer that says, "I'm ready to be judged." It's something a gun owner hands out that says, "I've committed no crime, never sold illegal firearms and have had many background checks, yet people want to take my rights away. I have a right to face my accusers."

You need a CT license to buy ammo and if you're not from CT, you don't have the ability to get one.

I've been wanting to make a flyer that says, "I'm ready to be judged." It's something a gun owner hands out that says, "I've committed no crime, never sold illegal firearms and have had many background checks, yet people want to take my rights away. I have a right to face my accusers."
woah woah woah.... so the CT license in my pocket as I type this is no longer valid?

Q. Are there changes being made to the permit application process or fee structure?

A. The process for obtaining a pistol permit remains the same; however, applicants going forward will only be able to apply for a temporary permit to carry in the town where they are a bona fide resident. In the past, you could apply for a temporary permit to carry in either your town of residence or place of business. Also, you may only apply for a temporary permit to carry a pistol or revolver once every twelve months.

There are no increases in any existing fees. There are fees related to the new long gun eligibility certificate and the ammunition certificate. Both certificates will cost $35 every five years.

Sooo...this is for residents....but does not specifically include non-res?

Not quite, like a bullet point list of changes. Those are talking points, I want to know how the law was changed.

This is what I was looking for.

Perfect example... People have issues going on in their lives that differ from ours.. We need to educate them.. I'll let the CT residents answer this one...

- - - Updated - - -

Nice.. Thank you...

Im usually very active here, but currently dont have internet, and my phone HATES to load NES for some reason. Its not "Smart" enough. I get on here when I can, but its limited as of late.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom