Massachusetts Hunting Regulation Change

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I just reprinted my license as they added the Quabbin information and I noticed new text to the right of the 2nd antlerless tag that's have never seen before. It is now illegal to carry multiple copies of your license.

I thought I would pass this along incase others haven't noticed the extra wording that was added. Hopefully it will save someone a ticket.

Bob

IMG_3125.PNGSo that you don't have more than your normal allotted two buck tags? Not sure what the big deal is in having a backup? Mind you I have one on my phone but not the point....it's the top note in photo

Last edited:
JFC, what's the big deal with carrying a backup permit somewhere in your gear? I understand that you get your two tags and that's it. Taking more than your limit is already illegal- what will these loons cook up next?

Not your license its about tags. If you have been alotted say two antlerless tags and one antlered, you carry three tags during shotgun. Since you physically have to tag it. Archery/muzzleloader you report online or find a check in, then tear up one of the two doe or buck and so on.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIX/Chapter131/Section16

A person shall not, while he knowingly has a valid license, permit or certificate, obtain, have in possession or use any duplicate license, permit or certificate. A person shall not, while he knowingly has a valid fishing, hunting, sporting or trapping license, obtain for himself, have in possession or use any license which purports to afford him any of the privileges of the original license for any part of the period for which such original license was valid.

This was long before we printed licenses on the computer Mike

Massachusetts laws you can't just make this sh** up "Right Maura"

If I keep copies in my truck when I'm out hunting then I'm not in possession of duplicate tags right? Once I get back to the truck the gun is unloaded and stowed so I'm no longer hunting.

Ridiculous laws

In NH it shall not be detached from the rest of your paper printed license until the deer is on the ground and you're ready to attach the tag to said deer.

I'm pretty sure poachers who are going to jack as may as they can aren't worrying about having a tag in the first place so I don't understand them being sticklers on this issue. Hunters know our bag limit and abide by it, or we get busted, even if we print 1000 copies of our tags.

For an idiot like me, being able to print my license/tag multiple times means I am less likely to not be in posession of said tags when I get out into a stand/start walking around looking for a deer to shoot. I not leave it in my wallet but used to prefer to leave it in a jacket pocket that I would be likely to being wearing....unless it got warmer or colder and I changed jackets. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom