• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

massachusetts hunting license records

mac1911

NES Member
I have not had a hunting license since 1996, I took my hunters ed course in 1988 I for thr life of me can not find either my cirt ot any of my old tags? lost in several moves and might have been thrown out with my deceased brothers items ? Am I screwed?
I went to the local bait shop and he said I would need to do the course again. I asked if the LTC A was good,,,, not since 1998 was his reply.....hmmmmm

Am I screwed?

Nope...

The Massachusetts Hunter Education Program has maintained student records for the past 40 years. You can contact the MassWildlife Hunter Education office for a replacement course certificate. Fill out a request form online at or contact the Hunter Education office by phone at (978) 772-0693. You will need to provide your name, current address, date of birth, and approximate year you took the course. It also helps if you remember the course location and know the address you lived at when you took the course.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/regulations/regulations_license.htm

Just get a license online. They have a section where you can digitally sign an affadavit that you've taken a course and you'll have your license printed and in hand the same night.

I filled out the form, thanks kevlar I looked over that web sight for hours last night and completely missed that.
I fell out of hunting for a while and all the gear ended up with my brother, I though I had my Safety course cert with my firearms records and safety cirt?

got a email reply today....no records found ???? yea....i will have to call now and see whats up.

Back
Top Bottom