Massachusetts. Gun laws

Doomed. Most of what has been proposed so far will pass. Then there will be another package of laws. Being anti-gun in MA is a badge of honor and a sure bet for pols wanting to make names for themselves. Ban states are in a race of sorts to see which one will be the first to effectively ban private firearms ownership or at least restrict it to the rich.

The most important firearms law decision in decades was handed down June 28th, 2010. In McDonald v. City of Chicago, the Supreme Court held, in a 5-4 decision, that the Second Amendment applied to all fifty states. This decision incorporated the Second Amendment, placing it with the First, Fourth and Fifth Amendments as applying to state and local governments; not just the Federal government.

mag capacity limit probably won't change unless there's a SCOTUS decision, as may result from the challenge to NY SAFE act.

Not sure what it would take to get rid of "the AG lists" and to allow thngs like collapsible/folding stocks, threaded muzzles with devices you can change if you want, etc. Even though there's no evidence those things result in crime. It really ought to be on the .gov to show why those laws are in effect, versus us having to challenge them to try to get them reversed.

We will continue to make long slow steady progress, inch by inch, step by step until some event happens and then we'll be blown back by a yard and a half.

It's anyone's guess as to the whens and the wheres in the short term, but long term the constitution will prevail, or the constitution will be replaced.

After attending the annual GOAL Meeting in Springfield last Saturday, I don't think the other side will get everything they want. There will be some changes not to our benefit, but I do not see the current AWB policy or magazine capacity laws as they exist to change much, and I don't think a may issue FID is in the cards either. Other things like a ban on FTF sales may happen, and more in-depth background checks.

This is all IMO, YMMV.

We will continue to make long slow steady progress, inch by inch, step by step until some event happens and then we'll be blown back by a yard and a half.

It's anyone's guess as to the whens and the wheres in the short term, but long term the constitution will prevail, or the constitution will be replaced.

I don't think it will be replaced. Eventually it will simply be forgotten. Give it time.

You must be new here. The Peoples Republic keeps getting more and more repressive. The liberal gun haters are seriously entrenched here because this is a one party State controlled by gun hating sheeple. The best we can do is to fight a rear guard action and hold on until we can relocate to a free state. There is no opposition here to corrupt Democrats so in reality we have little ammunition to fight back with. You are on your own so prepare an E&E plan.

After attending the annual GOAL Meeting in Springfield last Saturday, I don't think the other side will get everything they want. There will be some changes not to our benefit, but I do not see the current AWB policy or magazine capacity laws as they exist to change much, and I don't think a may issue FID is in the cards either. Other things like a ban on FTF sales may happen, and more in-depth background checks.

This is all IMO, YMMV.

This may very well be our future. The only way to know for sure, is ask a fortune teller. I think we have one here on the forum somewhere.

Last edited:
Licensing may actually get mildly better. Any hopes for major change in our favor will have to come from litigation, not legislation, however.

Mike
And even if we win in court the State will ignore the ruling and it will be back to normal. Who is going to force them to obey a ruling they object to?

- - - Updated - - -

These threads are the best. [thinking]

The truth hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will all be relegated to black powder rifles and pistols. Registration for each bullet encoded with your name, address license #. You will have to apply to buy bullets and powder and only allowed 1 rifle or handgun, since the logic is you can only shoot one at a time. Good times!

Sent from the blind

This is all IMO, YMMV.

This.

Most informed post without resorting to pure stupid-bearing levels of alarmism. None of the linsky/creem/etc garbage is passing, so people need to stop paying attention to all of that crap and start paying attention (and waiting) for the probable single Naughton/DeLeo bill to be produced and go from there.

-Mike

I'm not wringing my hands out with anxiety over what's to come with new proposed legislation, but I will say I'm glad I haven't bought a house anywhere yet.

This.

Most informed post without resorting to pure stupid-bearing levels of alarmism. None of the linsky/creem/etc garbage is passing, so people need to stop paying attention to all of that crap and start paying attention (and waiting) for the probable single Naughton/DeLeo bill to be produced and go from there.

-Mike
and then what? Write your Senator(already did that), attend a rally(been there,done that) and wait for the repressive liberal legislators to give us the finger and pass more restrictive gun laws that will have us bowing to our overlords.
In Infantryman's terms this position is indefensible. Time for a tactical retreat to a more defensible position with friendly partisans. There we can redistribute ammo, care for the sick and wounded and live to fight another day. I've been fighting this battle for over 20 yrs. and we are losing ground and personal rapidly, which is the enemy's plan. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what is even worth fighting for in this repressive mecca of liberalism?

I have been active and will continue to be, but at least this doesn't seem to be going down as it did in NY and CT.

the grandfathering of pre ban magazines will be gonzo. That's a primary goal of the gun grabbing loons. None of that insurance crap will pass, there will not be any changes to the AWB, nor will there be further capacity restrictions beyond the retarded 10 rounds that criminals don't follow anyway.

Charges vs. Prosecution.

If the AG office does not prosecute firearms charges. The AG office can therefore show stats that firearm crimes are at a low and argue because of the current laws in place. And when firearm crimes are at a low. Why call for more restrictions on LEGAL LICENSED firearm owners? (Every argument known to man - sarcasm)

When firearm charges are used in stats. Why has the AG not listed those charged vs. prosecuted numbers in stats? (Someone posted a list of names with charges, but not prosecuted. Again I know this will not happen.)

Most importantly why the AG has not provided stats of LICENSED firearm owners and UNLICENSED ownership. (Almost positive this will never happen.)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.......Thomas Jefferson

This

The most important firearms law decision in decades was handed down June 28th, 2010. In McDonald v. City of Chicago, the Supreme Court held, in a 5-4 decision, that the Second Amendment applied to all fifty states. This decision incorporated the Second Amendment, placing it with the First, Fourth and Fifth Amendments as applying to state and local governments; not just the Federal government.

Incorporation will ensure a national central government. For eternity.

States rights? Buh-bye.

I've been a gun owner in Mass for over 30 years, and there's only a single instance I can recall where an infringement was lifted, and that was the elimination of the ammo sales log book requirement by dealers in the mid 80's.

Liscensing may get better because they are being sued.

Other than that, they will stuff shit down our throats. Its a one party state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liscensing may get better because they are being sued.

Other than that, they will stuff shit down our throats. Its a one party state

But the plaintiff often loses these cases In Mass.
I personally know someone who got a Class A with a T&H restriction in Watertown.
He wanted ALP but got denied, so he sued the CLEO.
Several thousand in lawyers fees later, the leftist judge sided with the Chief, so he still lost.

I've been a gun owner in Mass for over 30 years, and there's only a single instance I can recall where an infringement was lifted, and that was the elimination of the ammo sales log book requirement by dealers in the mid 80's.

That was a Federal requirement that eventually was dropped. It wasn't MGL.

Back
Top Bottom