Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker to sign 'red flag' gun bill on Tuesday

"Massachusetts has always relied on police chiefs to serve as the primary point of decision-making on issues around license to carry," Baker said. "The fact that the police chiefs came out and support this legislation meant a lot to us.”

I could not find a better police state quote if I tried...

Correct. This is nothing more than backdoor gun confiscation and EXACTLY that. This is exactly why we have a 2A, 4A, and 5A.

See something say something taken to another level. I still fail to see how this deters criminal activity...iTS just another feel good bill full of bull shit and " See were doing something " and the bobble heads will cheer.

YTVVZyH.gif

Note Bakers comment

"This bill will prevent senseless tragedies and help keep Massachusetts' children safe ".

For the love of f***, are these people serious ? or do they go home at night laughing their balls off in private.

Man shot twice, robbed in Lowell's Back Central

Wait I was just told that ERPO was going to stop crime and save the Children?

Last edited:
Got this stock email from Dr. Scott Lively's election office, I'm sure others here did too:

'Progressive Charlie' Represents Extreme Risk to Second and Fourth Amendment Rights

Let's cut through the phony rhetoric to the reality: the gun control lobby wants to fully disarm Americans and "extreme risk" is just a a cynical pretext for taking a giant step toward that goal. And our "Republican" Governor is leading the charge.

Think about it:

If a person's mental state truly threatens the safety of those around them, a rational approach would be to take the person into custody, not the objects in their home!! Confiscating the gun and leaving the dangerous person behind is so crazy that only the loonie left could have written this terrible bill.

The Real Reason for the Red Flag Bill:

"Extreme risk" is a political tactic to leverage every domestic dispute and every grudge by relatives or neighbors into a potential gun confiscation. As an experienced family law attorney I can predict with confidence that the Extreme Risk law will become a new common method of gaining a legal advantage in divorce and child custody actions -- a nightmare scenario especially for fathers rights groups. It will be a tempting addendum to bad-faith motions for restraining orders of every kind in the civil courts. Government authorities including judges fearful of making the wrong call and being blamed for it will heavily err on the side of confiscation, which means defendants will face overwhelming state bias against them.

As a pastor who has worked extensively with mentally ill persons I can also predict that the emotional agitation of confiscating a genuinely mentally ill person's guns while leaving them free to take revenge on the whistleblower with other weapons -- or act out in other harmful ways -- WILL produce tragic results.

As a human rights consultant I am also concerned about the basic rights of the mentally ill, the vast majority of whom are non-violent citizens who have just much right to freedom of movement -- and to self defense -- as the rest of society. This bill severely stigmatizes them and opens a pathway to bypass hard-won protections against arbitrary government interference in their lives.

For all these reasons I believe the Extreme Risk bill/law is an unconstitutional violation of both the 2nd and 4th Amendments to the US Constitution and as governor I would work aggressively to ensure it is overturned.

Dr. Scott Lively

Last edited:
This bill is punishes and confiscates property because someone thinks that you might commit a crime.

Bob

Every legislator should be petitioned against. Their mere presence in office is evidence that THEY WILL COMMIT NUMEROUS CRIMES.

"Massachusetts has always relied on police chiefs to serve as the primary point of decision-making on issues around license to carry," Baker said. "The fact that the police chiefs came out and support this legislation meant a lot to us."

There is an absolute shocker for you, when have the police chiefs not supported a gun control bill?

So WHEN the Chiefs of Police lobby for warrantless searches of homes - that will be just fine too?

I'll be looking for you guys in the funny papers - when my brother figures this out, he's making the call on me - no question.

So WHEN the Chiefs of Police lobby for warrantless searches of homes - that will be just fine too?

I'll be looking for you guys in the funny papers - when my brother figures this out, he's making the call on me - no question.

And the good ole warrantless arrest:
MGL Chapter 90B Section 13: Arrest without warrant; entry upon private lands
Section 13. Any officer empowered to enforce this chapter may arrest without a warrant any person who the officer has probable cause to believe has violated or is violating any provision of this chapter or any rule or regulation made under authority hereof. All officers empowered to enforce this chapter may in the performance of their duties enter upon and pass through or over private lands and property whether or not covered by water

MGL Chapter 131 Section 87: Arrest without warrant; seizures; forfeitures
Section 87. The director of law enforcement, his deputy directors of enforcement, chiefs of enforcement, deputy chiefs of enforcement, environmental police officers and deputy environmental police officers, wardens and members of the state police in areas over which they have jurisdiction and all other officers qualified to serve criminal process may arrest without a warrant any person found violating any provision of this chapter or of any ordinance, rule or regulation made under authority thereof, or other general or special law relating to fish, birds, mammals or dogs, and may seize any fish, birds or mammals unlawfully taken or held, which shall be forfeited to the commonwealth and disposed of by the said director for the best interest of the commonwealth. Wardens shall enforce the laws relating to fish, birds and mammals. Any of the foregoing persons authorized to arrest without a warrant may, in the performance of their duties, enter upon and pass over private lands, whether or not covered by water.

I don't know if Lenny Mirra reads this board, but if you do , kiss my ass and anyone I can spread the word too come re-election time.
Seems like Bruce Tarr jumped ship too.
No reason at all to vote for these clowns anymore.

One of the better ass kickers in this one is that if the person filing the compliant against you is actually a person you have an R.O. against , it can't be brought up in the hearing.
So not so much in theory the nutbag who your afraid might kill you can make damn sure your unarmed when they come to do it.
Nice job a**h***s.

The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241, makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

You all are sooo screwed, thank god I bugged out. Move to Maine, no license to carry concealed,

Seems like Bruce Tarr jumped ship too.
Not only did he jump ship, he was helping call cadence for the DimocRats (ex. not calling for a roll call vote). As has been noted Dean Tran was the only senator, D or R, who voted no on the final committee "compromise".

This is only the beginning.

Just like California they will expand it well beyond the immediate family. Eventually it will include employers, co-workers, and every one else you my interact with.

Bob

Can you imagine when your employer calls the cops "Hey we just wanted to let you know that we are going to be laying off VetteGirl from her job and if you wouldn't mind, would you please confiscate her guns so that she doesn't shoot her manager?".

Can you imagine when your employer calls the cops "Hey we just wanted to let you know that we are going to be laying off VetteGirl from her job and if you wouldn't mind, would you please confiscate her guns so that she doesn't shoot her manager?".

And this is just the beginning.... If we don't get together now with a common voice we are doomed.

Guys, there's got to be a way to repeal this. The more we lose the more we lose the country.

Back
Top Bottom