• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker to sign 'red flag' gun bill on Tuesday

The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241, makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

Wait, that likely covers most of the MA legislature, and governor and AG.

You all are sooo screwed, thank god I bugged out. Move to Maine, no license to carry concealed,

Your house is made of Glass

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/counter-petition-in-support-of-2a-and-kittery-trading-post.349198/

Guys, there's got to be a way to repeal this. The more we lose the more we lose the country.
If GOAL wanted to put muscle behind it, there is the option for a veto referendum petition that would put a question on the ballot to allow voters to repeal the law. But then we'd have to convince the majority of the electorate to vote for it.

Oh those miserable bastards:

Whereas, The deferred operation of this act would tend to defeat its purpose, which is to regulate forthwith the possession of firearms in the commonwealth, therefore it is hereby declared to be an emergency law, necessary for the immediate preservation of the public convenience.
The funny part is, if we followed the process of a veto referendum petition, filing the petition normally would suspend the law from taking effect. Because of the emergency preamble, that wouldn't happen.

The only upside is that this doesn't have the force of Lautenburg behind it. You can be indefinitely prohibited in MA, but just a few hours across the border NH and the Feds give 0 f***s about it. Pulling the Mental Health bait-and-switch was far less damaging to us than if they had framed it as a domestic violence bill.

Also worth noting, the federal bill actually had specific due process requirements (like "clear and convincing" as an evidentiary standard).

Where’s the list of the RINO a**h***s who voted for this in the House and Senate?
Stephen Hay (D) State Rep - Fitchburg voted for it in the House, after attending my clubs' annual banquet the Fitchburg Sportmen's Club a year ago as a friend of the Sportsmen. I had a back and forth with his aide a month ago. Didn't do much good.
Dean Tran (R) State Senator - Voted against it, and went in print in the Fitchburg Sentinel yesterday 7/2 stating why he wouldn't vote for squashing someone's rights. Wish we had 100 of him...……. He's running for re-elect this year against Susan Challifoux-Zephir (D). Please be sure to support Dean in any way you can.

Maybe the groping victim will file the 1st erpo on the young Faker?

I'll be encouraging everyone to check off Scott Lively in the September Primary. Currently suing Faker and the Mass "DNC"

Dean Tran (R) State Senator - Voted against it, and went in print in the Fitchburg Sentinel yesterday 7/2 stating why he wouldn't vote for squashing someone's rights. Wish we had 100 of him...……. He's running for re-elect this year against Susan Challifoux-Zephir (D). Please be sure to support Dean in any way you can.
Hyphenated last name tells us all we need to know about her...

Don't forget:

Have a relative that is a moonbat and thinks 'You're crazy to have guns'?
Have a relative that is on drugs and you just turned them down on a loan?
Have a relative that is in jail and has nothing better to do?
Divorce, Break-up, One Night Stand?

I fit into three of the above.

I CAN NOT MAKE THIS TOO CLEAR:
Have something off the books (or several somethings) and don't keep them in the safe with the rest of it. Never admit to anything - make them tell you what they are after. Consider non-compliance (take that for what it is).

Did he say how? Is there a link to his explanation of this tyranny?
For course he didn't say how. Here's the exact quote, from multiple sources:
"This law creates a responsible way to help prevent gun deaths and suicides while protecting individuals' second amendment rights."
It's a feel-good, mealy-mouthed, multi-pandering political statement devoid of truth and reality in all respects.

Chip away at due process, a little at a time.

Get accused and get punished with no evidence.

Guity without being tried.

Just like North Korea.

Chip away at due process, a little at a time.

Get accused and get punished with no evidence.

Guity without being tried.

Just like North Korea.

I guess if I'm going to be punished - I should probably do something worthy of being punished then? Is that how it works?

Last edited:
"that will let household members seek a court order to take guns from people (falsely accused of) posing a risk to themselves or others."

Like this will ever happen....

"The law includes a penalty of $2,500 to $5,000 and up to 2 1⁄2 years in jail for people who file an extreme risk order with false information or to harass the person."

the fines should be $100,000.00 to $500,000.00. 5 Years mandatory jail time with up to 10 years and a felony conviction.

I'm sure the penalties require a clear and convincing standard opposed to the accused. Did you notice the 2 1/2 year - instant Federally Prohibited Person; that is the goal of all laws now - more PP.

This is only the beginning.

Just like California they will expand it well beyond the immediate family. Eventually it will include employers, co-workers, and every one else you my interact with.

Bob

My guess would be that neighbors will be the first to get added to the list. There will be some manufactured tragedy (whether in MA or elsewhere), where they'll interview a neighbor who will say they knew the perp was unhinged, but their pleas with authorities went unanswered (think Parkland, where there had been several calls to police and FBI about the murderer beforehand). Then our benevolent leaders will come out and say "We need to make sure this never happens again" and add neighbors to the list. Rinse and repeat for any other relationship they want to add.

Back
Top Bottom