• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Firearms Licensing

I went for my LTC on January 11, 2012 and have yet to receive my license. I went through the whole process and the chief of police approved me for my license, so why is it taking so long to receive my license? Some people were saying that people are getting their licenses this year because it is election year, so there is so much paperwork. Others are saying that maybe the chief didn't file the paperwork. I called the police station last week and asked them why is it taking so long and they could not answer that...

It takes so long because it's about as high on their priority list as washing the toilets. Now, if you were related to a cop you could have it the same week.

In some towns, spot on. Anything near Boston and Mayor Mumbles, Lowell, Worcester(sp?), Springfield, etc.

Get away from the eastern side, Essex County (and the douchenozzle Blodgett) and the like, and you're better off, etc, etc, etc....

Remember, this is Mass, afterall...and it's completely arbitrary. If CoP didn't get laid the night before, you might not get your LTC, that's how pathetic some of them are....and a clue as to who to vote out. Send every one of those PoS's packing as a nice message...

Mine took 2.5 months, and I work as a Dispatcher for a Police Department, for new applicants they take longer, more paperwork and checks to be run etc.

It takes so long because it's about as high on their priority list as washing the toilets. Now, if you were related to a cop you could have it the same week.

I wouldn't say so. My original license in Yarmouth, and renewals in Harwich and Chatham all took just under a month - and as far as I know, I'm not related to anyone in any L/E job.

I went for my LTC on January 11, 2012 and have yet to receive my license. I went through the whole process and the chief of police approved me for my license, so why is it taking so long to receive my license? Some people were saying that people are getting their licenses this year because it is election year, so there is so much paperwork. Others are saying that maybe the chief didn't file the paperwork. I called the police station last week and asked them why is it taking so long and they could not answer that...
What town was it in. I applied for mine feb 17th and still waiting just wondering what town on the S.S.

Mine took 5 weeks to the day but then 1/3 of my town is armed anyway. I don't know anyone on the force either. The day I got my license so did about 35 other people in the town

When I was exposed to the shipping process for LTC IDs, it was not uncommon to find an envelope full of them broken open on the floor, or kicking around on the floor until a custodian found them beneath some equipment while cleaning the floor. Sometimes it happens. Some packages have only a few IDs in them, others would have a large bundle of them held together with rubber bands. Just one more variable.

Back
Top Bottom