Massachusetts Firearm Storage Initiative

Yeah. I could see a ‘certified safe’ list, like the hand gun list. Don’t put a safe that costs under 4K on the list. So, sure, you can get a permit. But you gotta have that safe and you have to have a place to put the safe. Probably need to pay to move it each time you move. Basically, it would screw apartment dwellers, young people. Poor people. Every people.

It’s the Democrats version of their old poll tax. Don’t want them ******s voting? Raise the poll tax. Don’t want the plebs having guns? Raise the barrier to entry. Make owning guns onerous. They Do a good job of that now in MA. You guys are just used to it.

Lol the person that wrote that hunk of shit can't even spell...

"Responcible?" [rofl]

Also apparently the birdbrain doesn't know that MA ALREADY has safe storage bullshit laws (with FELONY grade CRIMINAL penalties for noncompliance!) as well as fun stuff like suitability, where a police chief can go "yah you followed the law but I'm not impressed by your securing of a gun with a chinese padlock, no moar LTC for you bai".

-Mike

Don't forget "expence" and "ownerrship". In this day and age, how does one make these types of mistakes on a high level document when your computer is screaming at you with red squiggly lines that you F'd up? I mean, a typo on a forum is one thing, but if you want to be taken seriously regarding changing laws, take a extra seconds to proof read.

Wow.
ok.
So if someone takes my gun that I left sitting on a table at McDonalds as I go get ketchup for my french fries, I'm going to be held responsible??? Gee thanks, I didn't know that. [rolleyes]

Unless, of course, of you are a COP and leave it in the toilet and someone “steals” it. Then you are fine because you are a professional.

Last edited:
Just more nonsensical proposals from the Leftists. Wow, they champion big govt. until someone like Trump wins an election. Oh right, he didn't win, the Russians stole the election for him.

Your firearm will be considered unsecured unless proven otherwise.

Then, even if you secure your firearm, big gov will determine it wasn't secured enough

Attached is a Massachusetts Initiative Petition that sponsors are trying to get sufficient signatures for to put on the November 2019 ballot.

The text includes the following:

"That within Massachusetts, all gun owners, both residents and visitors, will be held equally responsible for any and all actions and crimes committed by any person(s) using unsecured weapons obtained from any residences, businesses, or vehicles regardless of owner consent or nonconsent."

See the attached file for the Initiative Petition

Are you kidding me?

As if Massachusetts isn't bad enough right now. I thought this was going to be something to REPEAL some laws. Who the heck is sponsoring this, and how the heck do we counter this and shut it down?

Are you kidding me?

As if Massachusetts isn't bad enough right now. I thought this was going to be something to REPEAL some laws. Who the heck is sponsoring this, and how the heck do we counter this and shut it down?

We vote in 2020. They got enough signatures to get it on the ballot, so it’s up to us to vote no and convince our friends/family to vote no as well with a well defined and rational reason.

The approved list will be like the EOPS roster with the
AG's super secret list. Every safe will get the Glock treatment.

These stupid left-wing Statists keep grappling for "solutions" to mass shooting laws and the obvious answer that they cannot allow on their principled anti-Constitution platform is to eliminate gun-free zones aka soft targets and the nutjobs will stop their terror of stealing guns to murder en masse because it will be thwarted.

I received an email from the AGO since I'm listed as an attorney who may represent an organization that opposes this. (which in itself is interesting, since the cases I've filed involving the AGO did not have Comm2A listed as a plaintiff). In any event, this was my response:

Thank you for the information. I’ve distributed it to those who I think may be most interested at both Comm2A and GOAL.

I am unsure whether I will be able to provide a memorandum by Friday. In the meantime, these are my initial thoughts:

The primary issue I have with the proposed law is that is does not include an exception like Chapter 140, Section 131L for weapons “carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user”. I believe this exception is what kept § 131L from being found unconstitutional under Commonwealth v McGowan, 464 Mass. 232 (2013).

I believe it may also be constitutionally vague as it does not define what a “certified gun safe” is, or where I can get one.

Finally, the text of this law would hold me “equally responsible” for every crime committed by anyone who stole an unsecured gun from any home in the Commonwealth.

I also wrote a blog entry about it: Initiative Petition to put all gun owners in jail | Law Office of J. Steven Foley

Don't worry, MA will exempt you from having to pay sales tax on the $4000 safe, because they don't believe in taxing a right. LOL.

I heard a clip on WBZ radio yesterday saying that if this passes we would no longer be able to sleep with a gun under our pillows at night????. [thinking]

Do these people even Massachusetts?

I heard a clip on WBZ radio yesterday saying that if this passes we would no longer be able to sleep with a gun under our pillows at night????. [thinking]

Do these people even Massachusetts?

You already can't. They will say if you are asleep, the gun is not in use and must be stored. This also applies if you are carrying and lose consciousness due to a medical issue.

If this passes, does that mean signing that stupid affidavit every time we renew is a 5A violation?

I received an email from the AGO since I'm listed as an attorney who may represent an organization that opposes this. (which in itself is interesting, since the cases I've filed involving the AGO did not have Comm2A listed as a plaintiff). In any event, this was my response:

I also wrote a blog entry about it: Initiative Petition to put all gun owners in jail | Law Office of J. Steven Foley

Your blog contains a link to the actual petition.
I suppose it would be really unsporting to send letters to the a**h***s who signed that petition...

Your blog contains a link to the actual petition.
I suppose it would be really unsporting to send letters to the a**h***s who signed that petition...
That's exactly why I'll never sign another petition. Years ago, as I was leaving a grocery store, there was a table set up with people asking shoppers to sign petitions. One was to allow stores to sell wine (I signed - less restrictions). Another was to make it easier for candidates to get on a ballot. (I signed - less restrictions). The last was to ban gay marriage. I refused to sign that one because it meant more restrictions. I did not have any opinion on gay marriage, I just don't like the government restricting ANYTHING. Anyway, the bastards collecting signatures switched the signature pages, and put my signature on the petition opposing gay marriage. I started getting phone calls asking why I signed a petition opposing gay marriage.

If you ever end up signing a petition, make sure that the petition is printed on the page you sign, and that you're not signing a continuation page that can be moved to something else.

So I got a response from the AGO. She directed me to this site: Constitutional requirements for initiative petitions

From my reading, the proposed law doesn't clearly violate anything in article 48, so the AG can certify it if she wants. I'm sure she can find a reason that it violated the article if she wants, but it's not a slam dunk.

So this may actually end up on the ballot if they can get the required signatures.

Eventually they will drive all of the sane and legal gun owners to other states. Nothing will be left here but soft targets.

RSC, TL-15, TL-30, etc??????
As Mass likes to ape CA in a lot of things (car emissions, etc.) I would think it would be just the CA DOJ standard, Penal Code Section 23635. This is not nearly as stringent as the standards you listed and most safes sold these days meet it. Actually I would think many NESer's wouldn't think it goes far enough to be worthwhile, the $99 models you get at Tractor Supply suffice. Don't need to be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom