Massachusetts Firearm Storage Initiative

Lol the person that wrote that hunk of shit can't even spell...

"Responcible?" [rofl]

Also apparently the birdbrain doesn't know that MA ALREADY has safe storage bullshit laws (with FELONY grade CRIMINAL penalties for noncompliance!) as well as fun stuff like suitability, where a police chief can go "yah you followed the law but I'm not impressed by your securing of a gun with a chinese padlock, no moar LTC for you bai".

-Mike
Also spelled expense as "expence". He'll I just had to re type it 3 times because my damn phone was auto correcting it. Does the dolt that wrote this even have a high school diploma????

The way that's worded, it could be used to prosecute people for BB guns and airsoft guns.

So, everyone that has a storage cabinet has to get it "certified" or replaced? just another cut...Soon we will bleed out.

Attached is a Massachusetts Initiative Petition that sponsors are trying to get sufficient signatures for to put on the November 2019 ballot.

The text includes the following:

"That within Massachusetts, all gun owners, both residents and visitors, will be held equally responsible for any and all actions and crimes committed by any person(s) using unsecured weapons obtained from any residences, businesses, or vehicles regardless of owner consent or nonconsent."

See the attached file for the Initiative Petition

mine also...lets go a step further...if your child, sibling, parent or spouse commits a firearm killing, throw the whole immediate family in prison for 3-5 years for failing to report the crazy behavior they've sure to have witnessed of the nut job before hand. no more of this "he was making hit lists on facebook for the last 3 months." god bless the fear of government the north koreans have. [bow] [pot]

Yeah, I’m just waiting for these idiots to jail the generation before you and the generation after you if you don’t comply. Lol. This initiative definitely seems North Korea-like.

On another note, if this nonsense passes the vote, this could set up something on storage altogether. IIRC, Heller tackles this infringement:
By a five to four margin, the Court held that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess firearms for lawful use, such as self-defense, in the home (emphasis ours). Accordingly, it struck down as unconstitutional provisions of a D.C. law that (1) effectively banned possession of handguns by non law enforcement officials and (2) required lawfully owned firearms to be kept unloaded, disassembled, or locked when not located at a business place or being used for lawful recreational activities.
SUMMARY OF D.C. V. HELLER

You're all missing something important here... What the f*** is a "certified" gun safe?

Who the f*** certifies safes? Certified for what?

Also, what happens if some dickwhistle comes in here and rips my safe out of the floor and takes it with them? Now when they torch it open am I responsible for all the crimes they then commit? Christ, I know several instances where exactly that happened.

It also reads like you have to have a some sort of safe for your car for transport....

This is just f***ing awful. You already have to secure guns when not in use and report stolen guns by law. What the f*** is this going to accomplish?

more punishment for the innocent.

it is an attempted deterrent to get people to willing give up their firearms. I am pretty sure it is unconstitutional to punish the innocent but again this is an act Hitler didn't really care about so why should the dems.

Last edited:
since they want to charge legal gun owners with a crime if the gun was stolen and used in a crime then they should implement laws that exempt gun owners from persecution of they have the certified storage items. Then they should implement in the law a provision that anyone caught in possession of a firearm that was stored in such a device and stolen that the one who possesses the firearm is put to death weather an assault occurred with that firearm or not.

This is a ballot initiative in a state staunchly opposed to firearm ownership. If it makes it onto the ballot, it will pass.

The goal seems to be to create another barrier to owning firearms in the state. It would discourage people considering buying firearms since they could be charged with the felonies of others.

Back
Top Bottom