Massachusetts: Fill out a renewal or new application for LTC if expired in 2013

frayedends

NES Member
Hi All,

I'm getting back into shooting hopefully. I had sold my guns back in 2013 and then my license expired. Now that I'm divorced I have more time for shooting. This time around I plan to take more training, since before I just went to the range and wasted a lot of ammo making noise.

Anyhow, my license expired 3 years ago so I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to fill out a new application or a renewal. I've emailed our police chief but haven't heard back yet.

Tonight I get to take my safety class again. Can't wait to get back into it, although saving to buy guns may take a bit.

My own was processed as a renewal from local chief after being expired 6 years, I was still in the system

As long as you held a valid FID or LTC as of June 1998, it is a "renewal". NO class certificate is required by MGL (some chiefs require it anyway) in these cases.

It's interesting that on my town (Shrewsbury) website they say you need a class for a renewal. But it may not have been updated in a long time. I took the class anyhow since I've not been shooting for a while and it can't hurt to have a refresher.

Back
Top Bottom