Massachusetts Democrats seek to ban parts that could be used to make suppressors

So apparently plastic soda bottles are getting banned too. [rofl]

We tried experiments on this one night on a roadblock when I was in the Army. We couldn't find a bottle size, or a way to attach it, that made any audible difference in the sound of the shot.

My platoon sergeant was surprised. He'd "always been told" a 2-liter bottle would muffle a shot completely. Noooooope.

I loathe this state. But some politician needs to pass a pointless law so they can tout on the campaign trail "Hey people! Look at me! I did something that surely saved thousands of lives."

I mean.....if there was ever a crime committed with an illegal homemade suppressor, the news, state police, etc would be whipping the public up in a fear hysteria over it. I cant recall ever hearing of a single instance of this.

If our politicians actually listened to I dunno.....actual reason and logic, we would have legal suppressors in this state. If they were legal, I would own several because I think a few hundred dollars is a small price to pay for preserving my hearing.

I dont own any antique cars but I can picture a hobbyist getting caught up in the legal system over buying an oil filter for legitimate uses if this passes. This makes me sad. My uncle likes fixing old cars, and I'm thankful he lives in NH and not MA.

What is Illegal on a “federal level”? You can build a suppressor on a Form 1 in any state that they’re legal to possess. The Feds don’t give a shit what you do as long as submit the proper paperwork beforehand.
I’m not sure how I can dumb this down much more. It’s illegal on a federal level to build a silencer. Depending on the parts you have you wade into constructive possession. That’s the law and it’s literally that simple.

Legally building a silencer on a Form 1 is legal, these two things are not the same.

Bringing it back to the thread, building a silencer in Mass on a Form 1 isn’t happening, The only silencers being built in Mass are illegal already at the federal level.

The entire class denied hearing or seeing anything and chalked it up to something outside. We stuffed the streamers in our pockets and the teacher never knew. True stories, Ha!
8th or 9th grade, mid 70s. Mallory Sonalert, 9v battery, resister (22 meg ohm, I think), item hidden in classroom, entire class (but not the teacher) briefed that it does not exist and they do not hear a thing. Teacher keeps asking class if they hear "that noise". Device discretely removed after classroom is empty.

We tried experiments on this one night on a roadblock when I was in the Army. We couldn't find a bottle size, or a way to attach it, that made any audible difference in the sound of the shot.
d
My platoon sergeant was surprised. He'd "always been told" a 2-liter bottle would muffle a shot completely. Noooooope.
Centerfire has to be done right (expensive) to be effective. For .22lr, plastic 3D printed ones are pretty effective but with limited life. This is not legal (what is?) but the first one can be (free state) registered with a S/N, used till worn out, destroyed and then more can be cranked out with same S/N in the woodshed at nite under a tarp. Jack.

Last edited:
And my question to him would be how many firearm crimes have they found a homemade silencer used at?

I bet it’s most likely zero or a small fraction of a percent.
if the gun is perfectly silenced, how would we know there was a crime?

8th or 9th grade, mid 70s. Mallory Sonalert, 9v battery, resister (22 meg ohm, I think), item hidden in classroom, entire class (but not the teacher) briefed that it does not exist and they do not hear a thing. Teacher keeps asking class if they hear "that noise". Device discretely removed after classroom is empty.
You Need This:
Amazon product ASIN B0057M1384
if the gun is perfectly silenced, how would we know there was a crime?
Roll_Safe.jpg

Wouldn't the people with bullet holes in them serve as a pretty good indicator?
That only works if they're people who'll be missed.
3454-fiction-wolf.jpg

This waste of taxpayers time and money is criminal.
What a douche.
That is what politics is right? Giving the appearance of doing something, and about 2% of the time actually doing something lol.

The vast majority of bills put on paper never make it out of committee. And those need to be moved forward by the Speakah (who has more power than the governor).

So some little known guy says "I have this really terrible idea"....and another politician says "No wait....I can make it worse", and a newspaper prints it as if it will be law starting next week.

Turns out the first guy needs his name in the paper to remain relavent in his district or to please the ladies bridge club so they'll vote for him.
This waste of taxpayers time and money is criminal.
What a douche.

I’m not sure how I can dumb this down much more. It’s illegal on a federal level to build a silencer. Depending on the parts you have you wade into constructive possession. That’s the law and it’s literally that simple.

Legally building a silencer on a Form 1 is legal, these two things are not the same.

Bringing it back to the thread, building a silencer in Mass on a Form 1 isn’t happening, The only silencers being built in Mass are illegal already at the federal level.
You better dumb it down a little more, because you don’t seem to understand it yet. How is building a suppressor with a stamped form 1 and “building a silencer” different? All suppressors are raw stock at some point. Having a sheet of stainless and a length of aluminum tubing isn’t constructive intent.

Yankee Hill might want to know their products are illegal at the federal level.

You better dumb it down a little more, because you don’t seem to understand it yet. How is building a suppressor with a stamped form 1 and “building a silencer” different? All suppressors are raw stock at some point. Having a sheet of stainless and a length of aluminum tubing isn’t constructive intent.

Yankee Hill might want to know their products are illegal at the federal level.
Wut? This is so dumb I don’t know what to say. Also, there is no such thing as constructive intent.

Sorry you’re having trouble keeping up. It is not illegal at a federal level to build a silencer. Is that clear enough?
Not if you have an 07 FFT + SOT.

I don't have the faintest idea what constructive intent is - perhaps it is like the NY charge of attempting to possess an illegal weapon :oops:. Not to be confused with "constructive possession".

Not if you have an 07 FFT + SOT.

I don't have the faintest idea what constructive intent is - perhaps it is like the NY charge of attempting to possess an illegal weapon :oops:. Not to be confused with "constructive possession".
If you live in a state where you can legally possess a suppressor, you do not need an 07/SOT to build one. Just a stamped Form 1.
Oh look, I can be a douchebag too: not sure what an 07FFT is.

If you live in a state where you can legally possess a suppressor, you do not need an 07/SOT to build one. Just a stamped Form 1.
Oh look, I can be a douchebag too: not sure what an 07FFT is.
Agreed on all counts. Refreshing to visit Kittery in Main and see cans in the display cases. I guess I have a MA-centric view of some of these things.

My bigger dick-stepping was mis-reading your post missing the "not". Sort of like that one question you miss on a test because you knew the material and mis-read the question.

Agreed on all counts. Refreshing to visit Kittery in Main and see cans in the display cases. I guess I have a MA-centric view of some of these things.

My bigger dick-stepping was mis-reading your post missing the "not". Sort of like that one question you miss on a test because you knew the material and mis-read the question.
All I asked for was a clarification of his statement that silencers are “illegal at a federal level”. Instead he doubles down with insults added. If anything, silencers are *only* legal at a federal level. That’s why YHM’s 07/02 supersedes state law and allows them to manufacture in Massachusetts. Silencers are federally regulated and (in this case) illegal at a state level.

I loathe this state. But some politician needs to pass a pointless law so they can tout on the campaign trail "Hey people! Look at me! I did something that surely saved thousands of lives."

I mean.....if there was ever a crime committed with an illegal homemade suppressor, the news, state police, etc would be whipping the public up in a fear hysteria over it. I cant recall ever hearing of a single instance of this.

If our politicians actually listened to I dunno.....actual reason and logic, we would have legal suppressors in this state. If they were legal, I would own several because I think a few hundred dollars is a small price to pay for preserving my hearing.

I dont own any antique cars but I can picture a hobbyist getting caught up in the legal system over buying an oil filter for legitimate uses if this passes. This makes me sad. My uncle likes fixing old cars, and I'm thankful he lives in NH and not MA.
You don’t need to picture it, you can watch it on You Tube.

View: https://youtu.be/270sLN5WL2I

Sorry you’re having trouble keeping up. It is not illegal at a federal level to build a silencer. Is that clear enough?
Yes it is, build one today and let the ATF know when you’re done. Not on a Form 1, exactly how some dude in Mass would build one. I can’t believe I’m still trying to explain this to a guy who used constructive intent. You’re not too bright are you.

Back
Top Bottom