Massachusetts Democrat introduces bill to "screen all patients for the presence of firearms in the home"

My "answer" is to always ask them what specific training, experience and certifications THEY have that establishes THEIR expertise with firearms and personal security. When they inevitably answer "none", I casually mention they are getting out of their lane. It makes them squirm a bit and they will quickly move on.

No Doctor, I just have an ltc so I may be allowed by the state to posses a stun gun. I am very thankful they have deemed me capable of owning such a device

Not about guns but illustrates why medical professionals should stick to their lane and only pontificate about areas they have actually been trained in...

Doctors and Exercise Advice
On nonsense promulgated by doctors

...Every day, I deal with the nonsense promulgated by doctors practicing outside their expertise. Usually, this takes the form of bad advice about barbell exercise distributed as part of an orthopedic surgeon's consultation with a potential surgery patient, or in the post-operative phase of the patient's rehabilitation. Here is a short list:...

The only thing I've been asked so far is do you feel safe in my home . I tell them I have a GSD and a wife of Scotch decent.. I feel safe enough. If they ask about firearms I'll just play Democrat and lie , then talk for 15 mins but never really answere the question

The left is relentless in trying to classify the desire to exercise Constitutional Rights and/or Natural Right to Self Defense as Mental Illness.

It is all a means to the end of realizing the Catch-22 of gun ownership that they seek: the desire to own a gun disqualifies a person from that privilege.

Part of the Culture War that the Statists wage against the Individualists, who the Left hates for daring to disagree with their Big Government ideology.

Who is this Jon Santiago? Haven't heard that name before.
He is a noisy leftist Dim state rep from Boston... also a ER doctor at Boston Medical Center. Interesting background and accomplishments... but at the end of the day, he's just another extreme anti-2A leftist Dim out to gut our rights any way he can. [thinking]

So hypothetically if you answer no and there are records that you are a gun owner and purchased weapons, does that raise a red flag and therefore claims you unfit as you lied about owning guns, so you must be hiding something?

I think I’ll say:

Guns are bad. And they kill people.

I had one once and it chased me around the house.

I hid in the cast iron bathtub.

Never again.

No, I don’t have guns.

Convo could go something like this:
... "What did you say?"
... "Puns? I love a good pun"
... "No, I don't have the runs"
... "Nuns? No, I'm not catholic."
... "Buns? Sure I've got 2 in the back, doesn't everyone?"
These might end up getting me a hearing test, but it would be worth it.

You don't lie. You just say "F$$K Off. Jack.
I prefer not to insult someone who is just about to shove his finger up my back hole. I think I will go with lying.
Yeah, with all due respect to Jack, I think I'll take a pass on his recommendation. [laugh] My two principal doctors are both great guys who work hard to keep elderly old me alive and kicking. [cheers]

Plus, I think if anyone is going to be forced by Big Gov to ask, it would probably be my PCP's PA doing the deed anyway and she is a peach. No way I'm going to give her a hard time. [grin] I'll stick with the tragic boating accident story and let them prove otherwise. [thumbsup]

Yeah, with all due respect to Jack, I think I'll take a pass on his recommendation. [laugh] My two principal doctors are both great guys who work hard to keep elderly old me alive and kicking. [cheers]

Plus, I think if anyone is going to be forced by Big Gov to ask, it would probably be my PCP's PA doing the deed anyway and she is a peach. No way I'm going to give her a hard time. [grin] I'll stick with the tragic boating accident story and let them prove otherwise. [thumbsup]
Well, the doctors did not dream this up themselves. They are being told to do it, and I think that the most of them really don't care to do it. I know that my "F$$K OFF" is over the top and I would temper it depending on how well I know the doctor. However, I would not answer "yes" or make up stupid answers. Jack.

Well, the doctors did not dream this up themselves. They are being told to do it, and I think that the most of them really don't care to do it. I know that my "F$$K OFF" is over the top and I would temper it depending on how well I know the doctor. However, I would not answer "yes" or make up stupid answers. Jack.

to a male doctor/nurse: do you wear tighty whiteys or boxers?
to a female doctor/nurse: do you wear thong underwear on special occasions?

Or make up your own personal intrusive question. Then when they are outraged let them know you thought we had moved onto intrusive personal questions.

Or make up your own personal intrusive question. Then when they are outraged let them know you thought we had moved onto intrusive personal questions.
Well, Randy, if you want to go that route, you might as well say that the number of guns that you own is about three times the number times that they have sex in a week. Let them do the math. Jack.

I love this plan, it totally ignores the fact that if you say anything other than "No" they are going to put down YES. If you bitch about intrusiveness, you are a gun owner. If you tell them to screw, or start asking them nonsense, gun owner. Of course anything to do with how your rights are being violated, gun owner.

Just say no and move on, nobody cares that you lie to your doctor.

I love this plan, it totally ignores the fact that if you say anything other than "No" they are going to put down YES. If you bitch about intrusiveness, you are a gun owner. If you tell them to screw, or start asking them nonsense, gun owner. Of course anything to do with how your rights are being violated, gun owner.

Just say no and move on, nobody cares that you lie to your doctor.
Well, I have this bad habit of not telling lies whether it be personal or business related. I say it the way it is, take it or leave it. Jack.

Well, I have this bad habit of not telling lies whether it be personal or business related. I say it the way it is, take it or leave it. Jack.

Reasonable position to take. But every time this comes up people have great plans like "I'll ask them intrusive questions" or "I'll tell them it's none of their business." and no matter what the answer, they will simply mark you as a gun owner and move on. It isn't worth the time, either tell them the truth or don't, it may or may not find it's way into some database but that is up to each person's risk tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom