• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts dealer charging a premium to residents?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasaman

NES Member
REALLY?!? I just read this classified ad....

New in Box Hk MR556A1
comes in the factory softcase with manual, sights, tools and 1 30rd or 10rd magazine
Massachusetts AWB compliant - $2995 MA tax additional
Out of State buyers or LE price - $2795 MA tax additional, shipping charges may apply.
Cash or check, credit cards 4% fee

As is, the firearm is not MA compliant. For a MA resident to purchase, the stock has to be pinned or muzzle brake has to be welded, compliance work that adds to the price. Such work doesn't have to be done for a NH buyer.

there's a MA FFL who posts items for sale on this site all the time at RIDICULOUS prices compared to what you can buy these items for in NH. I wonder how they have any business with the price gouging but all I know is that I will never pay his prices.

This thread has gone full retard
hopefully a mod can close it soon

Its over priced, I never buy AR's in this state. I can buy any rifle online, have it transferred, and massified for less money, and i can choose the muzzle device of my liking.

there's a MA FFL who posts items for sale on this site all the time at RIDICULOUS prices compared to what you can buy these items for in NH. I wonder how they have any business with the price gouging but all I know is that I will never pay his prices.

If you lived in Mass and knew our laws you'd understand.

Its over priced, I never buy AR's in this state. I can buy any rifle online, have it transferred, and massified for less money, and i can choose the muzzle device of my liking.

His price is only $70 higher than Budsgunshop, it's just an expensive rifle. Yeah, you can get it cheaper online and avoid tax, but some people like buying from a LGS.

If you lived in Mass and knew our laws you'd understand.

There's Normal prices, there's Mass prices and then there's RIDICULOUS prices. People need to do their research before they support a business that is charging out of the ass for common stuff.

There's Normal prices, there's Mass prices and then there's RIDICULOUS prices. People need to do their research before they support a business that is charging out of the ass for common stuff.

Someone close this thread please.

A private business can charge whatever they want to charge.
Consumers can buy wherever they want to buy and pay whatever price they think is the best.

Get over it. If you don't like their prices, shop somewhere else.

His price is only $70 higher than Budsgunshop, it's just an expensive rifle. Yeah, you can get it cheaper online and avoid tax, but some people like buying from a LGS.

Id love to support local guys, but they force me to buy elsewhere with there prices and lack of variety.

3K for an ar15 with some kind of piston to make it "more reliable" for when you magdump at paper 25 yards out

And cutting you off from a vast selection of every part from dozens or hundreds of manufacturers.

One of the nice things about the AR15 is that outside of the non functional parts (stock, hand guard, etc.), everything is totally standard. It's like the open source software of the firearms world.

REALLY?!? I just read this classified ad....

New in Box Hk MR556A1
comes in the factory softcase with manual, sights, tools and 1 30rd or 10rd magazine
Massachusetts AWB compliant - $2995 MA tax additional
Out of State buyers or LE price - $2795 MA tax additional, shipping charges may apply.
Cash or check, credit cards 4% fee

4% fee? Could have sworn it was illegal to charge a fee for using a credit card. Now...on the other hand...it's perfectly legal to give a discount for using cash... ... ... so 1-potato 2-potato?

4% fee? Could have sworn it was illegal to charge a fee for using a credit card. Now...on the other hand...it's perfectly legal to give a discount for using cash... ... ... so 1-potato 2-potato?
First off, it would not be "illegal" but a "violation of the cc merchant contract".

That being said, Master Card / Visa tolerate the $3.00 credit card fee for Las Vegas cabs.

First off, it would not be "illegal" but a "violation of the cc merchant contract".

That being said, Master Card / Visa tolerate the $3.00 credit card fee for Las Vegas cabs.

I was thinking more in line with Part I, Title XX, Chapter 140D, Section 28A, Subsection 2:

All the stuff I just listed said:
(2) No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check or similar means.

I remember when NES was good [rofl]

Remember when we were young
We felt like the luckiest ones
Nothing to worry about
The whole world was a hand-me-down

It's hard to be different
It's even harder when you wanna fit in
High school was a catastrophe
It was a failure factory

Turn it up, turn it up
Turn up your radio loud
Don't forget where you come from
It's too soon to be proud

Remember when
We... were... young
Remember when
We... were... young

Remember when we were broke
Money would come and go
The whole world is a hand-me-down
So you gotta where it proud

Whenever I reminisce
I know that the greatest risk
Is giving up the fun for pay
I don't want to live that way

Oh tear it up, tear it up
Tear up that page
I don't wanna grow up
I don't wanna act my age

Remember when, we were young

Turn it up, turn it up
Turn up your radio loud
Don't forget where you come from
It's too soon to be proud

Probably the same guy that was asking $950 for a WASR 10 a while back.

Keep reading, he is making the pricing terms clear, available to everyone equally, and disclosing before the transaction. Section b seems satisfied. Section 1a prohibits the cc issuer from preventing the discount by contract restriction. Given merchant agreements there is no perfect way to discount in MA. It is OK not to like his price, but this does not have legs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom