Massachusetts Civil defense fund anyone?

IT doesn’t seem like GOAL has a civil defense fund. I was thinking the other day how hard it would be to put tighter an organization which was basically a Massachusetts Gun Owners Civil Defense fund. The money would go to selected lawsuits on behalf of gun owners.

Does this seem like a good idea to anyone else?
Does it seem feasible to anyone?
Does this already exist?

IT doesn’t seem like GOAL has a civil defense fund. I was thinking the other day how hard it would be to put tighter an organization which was basically a Massachusetts Gun Owners Civil Defense fund. The money would go to selected lawsuits on behalf of gun owners.

Does this seem like a good idea to anyone else?
Does it seem feasible to anyone?
Does this already exist?

I presume one could name it "Scrivener's Tough Love Defense Fund".

GOAL barely gets enough dues paying members to sustain what's on their plate now, nevermind a Defense Fund.

While I'd like to see it, I'd rather see membership in GOAL double or triple. Proactive work can save a lot of money in court fees.

If we can't get gun owners to fight to keep their rights, what makes you think they'll pay to fight for them in court?

From what I understand, there are no court battles to fight...[thinking]

Hmmm... That may be a bad assumption. Les Trois Mousquetaires probably keep themselves rather busy with firearms related work. Well, when not posting on NES apparently. I believe what you meant to say is that there are very few *publicly known* cases with precedent and/or significant legal question at hand. I don't know for sure, but I have to imagine most of a lawyers days are filled with primarily licensing issues in this state, although I speak with little to no knowledge of facts on that, just supposition. But I bet there are some interesting, although not significant from a general perspective, cases out there. Nothing like an improper storage case (the cop on the cape), residents challenging the suitability catch all (Watertown OD won this one), or illegal possession charges (next paragraph) that would not be considered fair by the NES crowd...[grin]

One possession case pops to mind was posted here a while back where a buddy asked for help. The friend who was moving from NH, was in between homes (if he was poor and minority the liberal moonbats would have called him "homeless") and was forced to carry around his rifles because the moving company would not take them with everything else. He was a bit TSTL because he kept them unlocked and not covered in the back seat and drove into MA to see/stay with a buddy (details sketchy and I am too lazy to search for the post). He gets pulled over by a MA cop for speeding. A NH cop would not have batted an eye, but you can guess what happens here. Arrested on a sunday evening and based on the friends account, had already blabbed a good bit by then. Did FOPA protect this kid (probably not since he apparently blabbed he was staying at a friends in MA)? Should he, a temporary passer through be convicted of major felonies simply because what he had may have been illegal here but where he used to live wasn't? How about dumb luck that he wanted the friggn' moving company to take it for him but they wouldn't. He made an attempt to not have this stuff on him while he wandered. Should he be a prohibited person the rest of his life?

Sounds like there a good deal of cases where this could be of use. But someone else's point was spot on, better to act than react.

Last edited:
I was talking about collective gun owners rights, fighting "the list", restrictions, 2A, etc...Those kind of court battles. I raised the issue of doubling membership dues to fund such battles in other threads, but no longer have those thoughts. The loss of those thoughts did not come without guidance.

I was talking about collective gun owners rights, fighting "the list", restrictions, 2A, etc...Those kind of court battles. I raised the issue of doubling membership dues to fund such battles in other threads, but no longer have those thoughts. The loss of those thoughts did not come without guidance.

Without arguing the merits of actually taking something to the courts, those cases are the standing needed to tackle the larger issues if one so chooses.

Back
Top Bottom