Massachusetts - Bill introduced to legalize silencers

The trick is to slip this into an occupational safety bill as a hearing protection device, which it is, or a conservation bill for reducing nuisance noise created by hunters, which they do in addition to hearing protection/better situational awareness for safety.
Then MA will force you to have one for every gun. Plan could backfire pretty easily in this POS state.

Then MA will force you to have one for every gun. Plan could backfire pretty easily in this POS state.
I'm shocked they aren't mandatory in MA if it weren't for the ban. Ditto for lead free ammo and not requiring a MA proofing stamp on the barrels by a MA certified gunsmith just like auto inspections. Cuz the UK requires such things and MA is trying so hard to get back under the thumb of one crown or another.

The law is retarded. Cars and motorcycles require mufflers because without them, the explosions from combustion engines are far too loud. But even with them on, you can clearly still hear them from distance. It would be no different with suppressors save for maybe subsonic bolt action. Secondly, where is the concern coming from? How many instances have there been with crime/shootings happening with suppressors in other states that allow them? Third, the typical gang style shootings that are most common are not going to involve suppressors out of the sheer cost, paperwork hassle, and the fact that most of those shooters are illegally acquiring guns in the first place. There is no reason to disallow them in MA. If anything, they could even improve neighbor relations at gun ranges. But I suppose I'm preaching to the choir here.
So, do you think they should require every gun have a silencer? ... that would get expensive fast.

Without requiring it, the range/ neighbor relationship wouldn't really improve since most people wouldn't buy one.

If poiliticnas really wanted to f*ck with gun owners, that is exactly what they would do.

That $500 handgun now will cost an additional $500 silencer + tax + however long it takes to get the paperwork done. And good luck carrying concealed.

I'm shocked they aren't mandatory in MA if it weren't for the ban. Ditto for lead free ammo and not requiring a MA proofing stamp on the barrels by a MA certified gunsmith just like auto inspections. Cuz the UK requires such things and MA is trying so hard to get back under the thumb of one crown or another.
The only reason they aren't is because the left spent so much time scaring the sheep, they can't make them mandatory.

Politicians, bro.

So, do you think they should require every gun have a silencer? ... that would get expensive fast.

Without requiring it, the range/ neighbor relationship wouldn't really improve since most people wouldn't buy one.

If poiliticnas really wanted to f*ck with gun owners, that is exactly what they would do.

That $500 handgun now will cost an additional $500 silencer + tax + however long it takes to get the paperwork done. And good luck carrying concealed.

Fair points. Just saying that it's a total catch 22 with guns. They're too loud/they're too quiet. And the scrutiny goes both ways against them. The car analogy was just pointing out how the logic is flawed with silencers. But no, I don't want to buy one for each gun or be required to use one all the time, so point taken.

I got an email about this yesterday from the NRA-ILA and that was the first I've heard of it. Where is GOAL?!? I'm mystified that GOAL isn't out there publicizing this and the f'ing NRA-ILA beat them to the punch... Who is actually looking out for us???

I dream of a two-stamp SBR...
So stop dreaming. Rent a closet at your buddy's gas station for $50/mo, put into it a 5 gal. bucket to keep your paperwork in, get the 07FFL and pay the SOT. Buy your NFA stuff on Form3s or DIY and register them on Form2s. No stamps and the sky is the limit. Take EddieCoyle's class on "how to" for details if you want. Jack.

Does anyone believe that Charlie would sign that in the unlikely event that it got to his desk? Maura would never allow him to.

I don't mean to be a downer, but guys, if there was an MA bill SOLELY to ensure the continued legality of that grippy skateboard tape people cut up and stick to the grip of their tupperware pistol, it would probably not pass.

"Talon grips? What, you mean like 'Black Talon' cop killer grips, more like. We took the common sense step to ban vertical grips partially, and should be banning them entirely, so why are we letting people ENHANCE their vertical assault grips? These military style grips could peel off and hide fingerprints, and they were designed to make it harder for a police officer to remove the gun from someones hand."

Hahaha watch them do what Connecticuck did - sure, suppressors are legal but a pistol with a threaded barrel? Illegal unless it's PrEbAN

One can dream...but I'm not too optimistic.
I make the damn things here but can't own them personally.

Back
Top Bottom