Mass Veteran needs support!!

As a general rule, I dislike supporting anyone that plays the race, sex, sexual orientation, veteran, cop, or pick a special category card right up front. That could be in cases like these or in politicians running for office. No issue with it being supplementary information, but putting it up front is a bit annoying to me.

Also-post says MAARNG, GFM says Army. Which is it or is he prior service who went into the MAARNG? Semantics to many, but I'm something of a pedant when it comes to representing what you did in the military.
Both go to the same schools, solid chance ARNG served overseas in the past 20 years

I know he was NG, and was deployed overseas. I don't know who set up the GFM. Not unusual for friends/acquaintances to get the details wrong.

It's sad to say but I see a lot of stuff online that I agree with but will never admit it publicly as I don't want to take the chance of being involved in an incident just like this. My company is HQ'd overseas and they take a dim view on a lot of things I may agree with. It's a crap shoot. You just have to be aware of your audience.

It's sad to say but I see a lot of stuff online that I agree with but will never admit it publicly as I don't want to take the chance of being involved in an incident just like this. My company is HQ'd overseas and they take a dim view on a lot of things I may agree with. It's a crap shoot. You just have to be aware of your audience.

Smart. I always wondered why people feel the urge to publicly express an opinion. There's very little upside to doing this UNLESS you are expressing the right opinion for virtue signaling purposes. While I know this is social media, it has a level of anonymity, but its still best to keep hot takes to yourself.

As a general rule, I dislike supporting anyone that plays the race, sex, sexual orientation, veteran, cop, or pick a special category card right up front. That could be in cases like these or in politicians running for office. No issue with it being supplementary information, but putting it up front is a bit annoying to me.

Also-post says MAARNG, GFM says Army. Which is it or is he prior service who went into the MAARNG? Semantics to many, but I'm something of a pedant when it comes to representing what you did in the military.
I retired from the army national guard with 25 years. Deployed to Iraq 2 times. My retired ID says US Army retired not national guard.

There is no misrepresentation bud with Mason at all.

My dd214 from both activations to Iraq also says us army not national guard.

When you say misrepresentation your implying a guy is claiming some status he's not entitled to. The guys a combat verean......are you saying some guy that spent 4 years in the regular army in the 1990s and never deployed has some magical status that's better than someone in the army national guard like mason that deployed to combat twice?

Last edited:
Ethnic background is not the same as foreign born. Plenty of non-white ethnicities are born here.
Ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Immigration status of foreign born residents has nothing to do with it.

What matters is he took a giant shit on over 9,000 residents in town thinking what he posted would be okay. To think there wouldn't be any blow back from that post is beyond idiotic. In todays world with a mortgage and a family to take care of, folks should probably think a bit more before hitting the submit button. It doesn't matter if he thinks of it as true/funny, he needs to first and foremost put providing for his family ahead of getting likes or thumbs up.

He might be a great guy in real life, but he sure AF acted stupidly wrt his/his families future because I'm guessing that shit may end up following him given how many companies "bend the knee" these days.

We live in the day of mere accusations destroying a lifetimes work, act accordingly. I wish the guy luck, for his families sake.

Ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Immigration status of foreign born residents has nothing to do with it.

What matters is he took a giant shit on over 9,000 residents in town thinking what he posted would be okay. To think there wouldn't be any blow back from that post is beyond idiotic. In todays world with a mortgage and a family to take care of, folks should probably think a bit more before hitting the submit button. It doesn't matter if he thinks of it as true/funny, he needs to first and foremost put providing for his family ahead of getting likes or thumbs up.

He might be a great guy in real life, but he sure AF acted stupidly wrt his/his families future because I'm guessing that shit may end up following him given how many companies "bend the knee" these days.

We live in the day of mere accusations destroying a lifetimes work, act accordingly. I wish the guy luck, for his families sake.

Keep your head down.
Don't say anything.
Keep your opinions to yourself.
Just think of your family and keeping your job, food on the table, and a roof over your head.
Live in fear.

Got it.

Not really. Not if you didn't deploy. I was in the MARNG from 1981 to 1991. Never did any full time other than training and never deployed. Got out I was an E-6. Whenever I call about benefits I'm told "no". I stopped calling.
What kind of benefits are you asking about?

Exactly, and? why the distinction means so much to you?

Whether intentional or not, it doesn't tell the whole truth and at times is disingenuous. Reserve component folks, and most especially ARNG folks have a significant set of challenges that are often well above and beyond active duty challenges. On the flip side, active duty Army folks have a significant set of challenges that are often above and beyond reserve component challenges.

If you are in the Army NG, you are in the Army.

Yes. Completely agree. It is part of the Army just like the USAR is. It is not the Army.

I retired from the army national guard with 25 years. Deployed to Iraq 2 times. My retired ID says US Army retired not national guard.

There is no misrepresentation bud with Mason at all.

My dd214 from both activations to Iraq also says us army not national guard.

When you say misrepresentation your implying a guy is claiming some status he's not entitled to. The guys a combat verean......are you saying some guy that spent 4 years in the regular army in the 1990s and never deployed has some magical status that's better than someone in the army national guard like mason that deployed to combat twice?

lol

In no way did I insult the individual's time in the ARNG. I've spent way too much time with reserve component folks both in the US and OCONUS to do so.

and yes, I would call the no deployment kid from the active side an Army veteran. I would call the ARNG guy an ARNG veteran. Why? because that is where he served.

and as far as deployments. I really don't care. There was a period of time where nobody had been deployed, and there was a period of time where everyone had been deployed.

Pretty good vid from a funny talking ARNG dude.

What kind of benefits are you asking about?
Not really. Not if you didn't deploy. I was in the MARNG from 1981 to 1991. Never did any full time other than training and never deployed. Got out I was an E-6. Whenever I call about benefits I'm told "no". I stopped calling.

Same question as whacko, but that does look to be true for VA health care. You should be eligible for disibilty and can eventually become eligible for VA health care that way. It is an uphill climb after almost 30 years out though. Start a thread over on the mil forum, as I bet there are smarter folks than me on that process.

Whether intentional or not, it doesn't tell the whole truth and at times is disingenuous. Reserve component folks, and most especially ARNG folks have a significant set of challenges that are often well above and beyond active duty challenges. On the flip side, active duty Army folks have a significant set of challenges that are often above and beyond reserve component challenges.

Yes. Completely agree. It is part of the Army just like the USAR is. It is not the Army.

lol

In no way did I insult the individual's time in the ARNG. I've spent way too much time with reserve component folks both in the US and OCONUS to do so.

and yes, I would call the no deployment kid from the active side an Army veteran. I would call the ARNG guy an ARNG veteran. Why? because that is where he served.

and as far as deployments. I really don't care. There was a period of time where nobody had been deployed, and there was a period of time where everyone had been deployed.

Pretty good vid from a funny talking ARNG dude.

Your missing 2 facts here.

1. John q public doesn't know the dif.....and doesn't care.

2. It's not like a newspaper article calling a retired arng guy woth over 20 years and 3 deployments an army veteran is getting him any kind of unearned accolades.

Your the one that used the term "misrepresentation" which implies the difference is a claim made for a nefarious reason. It was a newspaper article.....they make semantics errors all the time. Imo it doesn't matter.....

Same question as whacko, but that does look to be true for VA health care. You should be eligible for disibilty and can eventually become eligible for VA health care that way. It is an uphill climb after almost 30 years out though. Start a thread over on the mil forum, as I bet there are smarter folks than me on that process.
Va disability can only be awarded for reserve only veterans If the injury occurred during training and a lock solid line of duty form was filled out.

Va guaranteed no down-payment mortgages are available after 6 years of time served in the guard or reserves. I used mine after 6 years in the guard. Helped alot.

Va medical is only provided for veterans woth dd214 that releases them from active duty for other than training.....and I believe 50 percent rating or higher.

Last edited:
Keep your head down. Don't make your employer have to choose between the client or the employee(pro tip: employee is going to lose more often than not).
Don't say anything. Aside from yourself(and in this case a Karen) pretty much nobody gives a shit about it unless asked for.
Keep your opinions to yourself. We just covered that.
Just think of your family and keeping your job, food on the table, and a roof over your head. It's called being an adult with responsibilities.
Live in fear. Use common sense.

Got it.
FIFY.

Back
Top Bottom