• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass State Trap Shoot

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
I'll be attending (and likely standing in the shadow of MisterHappyJr. [shocked] ), along with a bunch of folks from Southborough Rod & Gun Club.

We'll have a Pavillion over by the Pond on Saturday (I'll be there on Friday, too), so if you're going to be there, stop over and say hi!

Any chance you can get some pictures of the backgrounds of the fields? I wouldn't mind shooting in MA next season.

Brad: thanks!

Furious: I'll try.

Minuteman's background is trees, well past the flight area ofthe targets, and the birds (absent freak winds) never rise above the apparent tree line.
If you go to the Minuteman Sportsmen's website, they have pix there....

Last edited:
Email sent your way..............this is the 1st year since I started shooting trap I couldnt make it...is the lead shot guy there if so is he there sunday also ?

Boy was that a long venue. There are simply too many shooters for Minuteman to handle. Thanks to all at Minuteman for setting this up but I hope people consider some alternatives (youth shooters same day at North Leominster?) for next year.

The guys selling reloading supplies, ear plugs, and ammo were all there. A good time was had by all despite the weather.

I just left there at 5:15.....they were just starting the Doubles shoot-offs, and the 'caps shootoffs ( if needed) were to be after that.

I agree that the facility is absolutely maxed out - there was a problem with one trap, and because of that, I wasn't done until 7:30 on saturday night, and I was not the last!

Not a slam against the people, but there's no room for problems...so slush fund as it were....and with the amount of shooters, there's bound to be a glitch....

The real killer was the cold, wet weather.....I don't get cold.....but I did there! OK that's a good excue for my crappy shooting....done now!

Back
Top Bottom