Mass Stabbing at Silver City Galleria

Easy to say, but could you really sit and watch elderly woman, or young woman for that matter get hacked up?

According to the anti's I'm more likely to shoot an innocent than stop the bad guy so it's probably best that I not get involved and let the (probably anti) get hacked up. The anti's are lying, cheating and stealing to take away my right to be armed. The indifferent people don't seem to care. More than likely if the person is not putting the bad guy down, they're either an anti or an indifferent. One actively fought to be disarmed and the other didn't care.

Easy to say, but could you really sit and watch elderly woman, or young woman for that matter get hacked up?

I'd like to think I could not just stand by.

but "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

How long before the off-duty Plymouth County Sheriff's Deputy is sued or prosecuted ?

It's hard for some people to accept the fact that some people are just plain evil.
They try to put a label or name to it , but it is what it is.

When I was growing up there was a guy a little older than me.
You knew from the time that he was a kid that it was there.
He was the kind of person you knew never to turn your back on.
When he got older and his siblings moved out, he lived with his elderly parents and abused the shit out of them.
The brothers and sisters tried everything they could to get him locked up but no one would listen or help.
Cops couldn't do anything , courts wouldn't do anything.
It finally ended when he put a hatchet in his mothers head.
Not one person who knew him could say they didn't see it coming.

If this were a civilian he'd probably be arrested and tried for various gun related charges and some sort of manslaughter despite doing the right thing morally and situationally to stop the threat. Its a sad double standard that all us "second class citizens" face. And if lucky to have charges dropped I'm sure the family of the attacker would file in civil court for wrongful death and win damages from the shooter. Freakin laws are so twisted

What I wonder is if this sheriff guy is going to be proclaimed the hero why wasn't he the first to jump and react? The restaurant had to be complete chaos so I highly doubt that he sat there unaware of what was going on until more than one person was stabbed.. Give the teacher(Mr. Heath) the credit he deserves for his selfless act to put himself in harms way to save the waitress. He gave his life to save 2 and that takes far more courage than reacting after and shooting the attacker dead.

No, not necessarily. Remember, that the police are always going to do their job. If there's a dean guy with bullet holes, they're going to investigate. If a regular person had shot this guy, that person would likely end up in handcuffs, at least for a little while, be questioned, but probably not arrested and certainly not charged with a crime. The fact that this was a sheriff's deputy that intervened probably saved him from the handcuffs, but likely not much more.

We need to get over this meme that the lawful use of deadly force by anyone other than a law enforcement professional will result in an arrest and criminal charges. It's simply not true.

No, not necessarily. Remember, that the police are always going to do their job. If there's a dean guy with bullet holes, they're going to investigate. If a regular person had shot this guy, that person would likely end up in handcuffs, at least for a little while, be questioned, but probably not arrested and certainly not charged with a crime. The fact that this was a sheriff's deputy that intervened probably saved him from the handcuffs, but likely not much more.

We need to get over this meme that the lawful use of deadly force by anyone other than a law enforcement professional will result in an arrest and criminal charges. It's simply not true.

Thank God someone's got some sense.

But....but.... Auchwitz maaaaan! Just following orders, maaaaaan! Some pigs are more equal than others maaaaan!

You're (your) a statist, maaaaaaan! This is an out yourself thread maaaaaaan!

Which is why I want as many options as possible before employing lethal force. It's why I carry pepper spray; why all of us should seek out less-lethal means of defense (kubotan, hand to hand, even knives with effective training); and why I would love to be able to own/carry a taser. The more options available, the easier time we all have convincing even the most devout anti that we used the minimum force necessary in the unlikely situation we need to use force in self defense or in defense of another.

Which is why I want as many options as possible before employing lethal force. It's why I carry pepper spray; why all of us should seek out less-lethal means of defense (kubotan, hand to hand, even knives with effective training); and why I would love to be able to own/carry a taser. The more options available, the easier time we all have convincing even the most devout anti that we used the minimum force necessary in the unlikely situation we need to use force in self defense or in defense of another.

I was thinking I might have smashed the sonofabitch with a chair or bar stool. [grin]

Final Result:

"The circumstances of the deaths of Patricia Slavin, George Heath and Arthur DaRosa have been individually considered. Arthur DaRosa murdered Patricia Slavin and George Heath without any justification or excuse. We have concluded that James Creed was clearly justified in using deadly force. Therefore, it is our judgment that the use of force by Deputy Sheriff Creed in this matter was both justified and lawful."

https://www.newbedfordguide.com/final-report-darosa-taunton-mall-shooting/2016/10/26

^ This.

That being said, well done to the lawful LTC holder who shot the guy and stopped many more people from being injured.

deputy sherriff---i wouldn't recomend the average joe/jane ltc holder try this in mass

my edc is to save my life or family only

They are going to investigate no matter what... and they came to the obvious end result. I don't see what the issue was. Whether or not the media wants to make a big deal about him being a deputy sheriff doesn't really reflect the thinking of those conducting the investigation.

Mike

deputy sherriff---i wouldn't recomend the average joe/jane ltc holder try this in mass

This is the part of the story that is pissing me off. From what I understand his position is an unarmed one and he was carrying on his ltc not his badge. His job should have no bearing on what happened anymore then saying an off duty construction supervisor killed the terrorist.

Yes I know that the media wants to keep pushing that this guy is a 'cop' to reinforce the idea that a cop will always be there to save you, so peons should not have guns.... I just think we should point out the errors

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is the part of the story that is pissing me off. From what I understand his position is an unarmed one and he was carrying on his ltc not his badge. His job should have no bearing on what happened anymore then saying an off duty construction supervisor killed the terrorist.

Yes I know that the media wants to keep pushing that this guy is a 'cop' to reinforce the idea that a cop will always be there to save you, so peons should not have guns.... I just think we should point out the errors

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

^ So much this! This is why I refuse to call him out as a Deputy Sheriff. The man was carrying on his LTC, that makes him a lawful LTC holder. He was just lucky enough that he had a special club membership that the media could spin as him being an LEO.

I don't agree given the facts of this scenario. There were already two people dean and one more well on her way to being dead. Intervention by a non-LEO type would have attracted more attention, but the outcome would likely have been the same. This is a pretty open-and-shut scenario backed up by very solid facts and evidence.

They are going to investigate no matter what... and they came to the obvious end result. I don't see what the issue was. Whether or not the media wants to make a big deal about him being a deputy sheriff doesn't really reflect the thinking of those conducting the investigation.

Mike
Think about the logical implications if, in a case like this, the police and prosecutors did NOT conduct an investigation and just said: "yup, bag guy stabbing someone and got shot by a bystander. Nothing to see here". Now you've created a precedent whereby someone can be killed by another person without any kind of accountability or transparency. It scares me to think where that would lead.

This situation played out exactly as it should.

Think about the logical implications if, in a case like this, the police and prosecutors did NOT conduct an investigation and just said: "yup, bag guy stabbing someone and got shot by a bystander. Nothing to see here". Now you've created a precedent whereby someone can be killed by another person without any kind of accountability or transparency. It scares me to think where that would lead.

This situation played out exactly as it should.

Basically it would lead to Mass becoming more like a free state. Don't see how that's bad when the situation is this obvious.

You think they don't investigate homicide in "free states"?

Mike

Sure they do. This would have been a simple matter of the lead cop looking at it and going, "Yup, good shoot." This is about as clear cut as you can get with a case like this. A 5 month investigation is hardly necessary.

I doubt full resources were devoted to this over 5 months. I'm also not sure that all that is involved is the lead cop going "yup, good shoot." Maybe I'm wrong though.... but I'm pretty sure it proceeds, even if more quickly, as any homicide investigation would, free state or not.

Mike

Basically it would lead to Mass becoming more like a free state. Don't see how that's bad when the situation is this obvious.

No.

Even in free states, if you shoot someone the police and DA will investigate and then determine whether or not to press charges.

The police don't walk in, look at the dead perp, say "good shoot", hand you a cigar, slap you on the back, and walk out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The city hired a consulting firm to review the 911 system and they concluded that it's obsolete.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/20170203/report-blasts-taunton-dispatch-system-as-obsolete-and-dangerous-broke-down-on-night-of-stabbings

TAUNTON - A scathing independent report released Friday blames a "systems failure" for the more than 20-minute delay in responding to the home of two of the stabbing victims during the homicidal rampage in Taunton on May 10.
"[T]he standard of care provided by the City of Taunton's emergency services communications system is sub-standard, does not meet best practices and presents a clear danger to the citizens of Taunton and its public safety personnel," states the report by Ryan Strategies Group, the company hired by the city to review the incident and response.

The report states that a "series of miscommunications" lead to the delay in responding to 270 Myricks St., where a deranged Arthur DaRosa had stabbed 80-year-old Patricia Slavin to death and badly wounded her daughter Kathleen after causing a car accident on the street near their home.
He then drove off, brandishing their kitchen knife, for the Silver City Galleria, where he stabbed Taunton resident George Heath prior to being shot to death by an off-duty sheriff's deputy.
The report says there was "little or no communication" between fire and police during the series of incidents, each department operating in its own communications "silo," and calls for an immediate overhaul of the city's emergency dispatch system - which it calls badly out of date.

I was just watching Channel 5 news and they were saying the guy had started stabbing people are Bertuccis and then went to the mall somehow. The said that the guy came from the back of the Bertuccis and was "slashing" people and that some people were throwing chairs at him and stuff like but that people were panicking and running out.

Listening to the news reports made me wonder : what's the Moslem coefficient of this incident?

They don't seem to be saying ANYTHING about who the perp is. Which raises a red flag.

Maybe someone put bacon on his pizza.

Maybe someone put bacon on his pizza.

I know that mall pretty well and my bff worked in that Bertucci's while in high school. Crazy dude went to Bertucci's last. He drove through the large front doors of Macy's, ran through Macy's out into the mall and then into the Bertucci's, stabbed the pregnant waitress, stabbed George Heath who intervened and then was shot by the off-duty sheriff. Probably one of the best examples of crazy $hit happening anywhere, anytime and being stopped by CCW.

Guess what? After 9/11 a review of most 911 and emergency service communication systems indicated that they were obsolete, unreliable, and not secure. Despite billions in DHS grants most communities still haven't bothered to fix the problem 10+ years later. Because radios aren't sexy and tacticool.

Back
Top Bottom