• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass shootings everywhere......

Who's definition of Mass Shooting are you using? CNN or the FBI or other?

But yeah, this year is gonna be cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy. All the nut jobs finally coming out of their coronavurus caves-all the worse for their social isolation. Not to mention all the stuff not being mentioned in mainstream media

"A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of gun violence.

There is no widely accepted definition of the term mass shooting.
They have one in Chicago. It's a Mass Shooting when the combined weight of the shootees exceeds 650 pounds. (field dressed). Jack.

20k people shot dead last year - who has time to shoot them one at a time?

Gun Violence Archive logged ~150 "mass shooting" with 4+ shot in 2021. If the media decides to care, it’s for a reason other than lots of people got shot dead.

"A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of gun violence.

There is no widely accepted definition of the term mass shooting.

"The Congressional Research Service defines mass shootings, as multiple, firearm, homicide incidents, involving 4 or more victims at one or more locations close to one another. The FBI definition is essentially the same."

There's a fella at Northeastern University who tracks and follows mass murders. In his writings Professor Fox says one of the biggest issues is the inconsistency in definition. He indicates that some media outlets claiming more than one per day by using a very loose definition. They exaggerate...

Professor Fox uses the FBI definition that I've quoted above. It is "involving 4 or more victims at one or more locations close to one another.".

His research indicates that the number of incidents and total number of victims have remained statistically consistent over the years. Here's some graphs from 2019.

Essentially there are about 125 deaths per year due to mass shootings. Not looking to be insensitive here but that's a big nothing burger compared to the total number of murders in the US each year. Hell Chicago had 719 shooting deaths in 2020.

If I want to solve a problem I try to go after the things that give me the biggest bang for the buck. And that ain't the victims of mass shootings. At all.

Even if there were a way to eliminate all mass shootings it would be statistically insignificant to the overall murder rate in this country. But gun control experts see the opportunity to push their agenda through the exploitation of big new events. Yeah, they are horrible events indeed but they are not a major problem in this country.

Here's the stats from Professor Fox.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.24.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 6.24.09 PM.png

We have shootings but we do NOT have tyranny. I’ll take shootings over tyranny thank you very much. Besides, there’s a decent chance many of the shootings are intentional acts of a regime trying to achieve tyranny. So give me shootings. Every time. And guns guns guns for EVERYONE.

It's going to accelerate until they pass "common sense" gun laws such as federal mag ban. Then nothing will change and we'll see more regulations until it becomes essentially impossible having a gun.

Wouldn't a "mass shooting" also be a single victim but multiple shooters?
Or perhaps someone shooting with no victims while attending church?!!

There's a fella at Northeastern University who tracks and follows mass murders. In his writings Professor Fox says one of the biggest issues is the inconsistency in definition. He indicates that some media outlets claiming more than one per day by using a very loose definition. They exaggerate...

Professor Fox uses the FBI definition that I've quoted above. It is "involving 4 or more victims at one or more locations close to one another.".

His research indicates that the number of incidents and total number of victims have remained statistically consistent over the years. Here's some graphs from 2019.

Essentially there are about 125 deaths per year due to mass shootings. Not looking to be insensitive here but that's a big nothing burger compared to the total number of murders in the US each year. Hell Chicago had 719 shooting deaths in 2020.

If I want to solve a problem I try to go after the things that give me the biggest bang for the buck. And that ain't the victims of mass shootings. At all.

Even if there were a way to eliminate all mass shootings it would be statistically insignificant to the overall murder rate in this country. But gun control experts see the opportunity to push their agenda through the exploitation of big new events. Yeah, they are horrible events indeed but they are not a major problem in this country.

View attachment 473836

View attachment 473837
Thanks for the graphs.
Oh and the FBI shouldn't be relied upon to define anything.

View attachment 473836

View attachment 473837
Prof. Fox sent his minions to support my BIL's killer during his parole hearings. Fvck him.

That's called logic. Logic doesn't convince indoctrinated sheep to vote. They only respond to emotions.

Media has gone full retard on defining a mass shooting as "anything that remotely looks like more than one person got shot".

EG: Gangbanger walks into a crowded mall, shoots another gangbanger, next thing media is firing up the retard trumpets with "mass shooting at XXX mall!!!!!" "bray bray bray!" "whine whine whine!" when in reality it was a couple of thugs "doing business" in the wrong place. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom