• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass shooting in Puerto Rico - 3 police officers dead ....

Puerto Rico makes it very difficult for anyone without a political or law enforcement connection to get a firearm.
So it follows that PR has Massive public corruption problem and a murder rate nearly 6 times the main land US.
This type of shooting by a police officer is probably more common than the media would ever report.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I mean no disrespect to the victims, but what constitute a mass shooting these days? Is three dead a mass shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI considers it when 4 or more are dead, not including shooter. However I have seen the antis consider one dead and anyone shot as a mass shooting. Which is interesting because I saw a twitter battle where one of the "mass shootings" cited was an individual that died of heart failure, and another that was shot yet some how that fit their narrative.

Three shot is a mass shooting. They don't even have to die.

Depends on what definition you use.

The FBI used "four dead, excluding the shooter, in a public place, not gang or family related" for a long, long time.

But some jackhole on Reddit decided he wanted to single handedly change the definition so everything looked worse, and started using "four shot", and that led to the "more than one a day in gun crazed America" nonsense.

The FBI definition puts it at like 26 in the last seven years.

Interesting paradox....I'll bet Obummer ignores it

He's in Hawaii playing golf, he's not going to care one bit.

In the state of the union address I bet we get double servings of gun control, climate change, all that BS. And since it's his last, he'll be patting himself on the back endlessly.

Three shot is a mass shooting. They don't even have to die.

FBI considers it when 4 or more are dead, not including shooter. However I have seen the antis consider one dead and anyone shot as a mass shooting. Which is interesting because I saw a twitter battle where one of the "mass shootings" cited was an individual that died of heart failure, and another that was shot yet some how that fit their narrative.

The historical number was the 4, it was always that. But that doesn't work for the anti's so now they use whatever. After the oregon shooting or San Bernardino all over the news and internet the anti's were hyping some crap about there have been 155 mass shootings this year (might have been 350, I forget but it was a crazy number) and people where shocked.

When the stats don't work for you, just make up a new absurd one.

The FBI used "four dead, excluding the shooter, in a public place, not gang or family related" for a long, long time.

But some jackhole on Reddit decided he wanted to single handedly change the definition so everything looked worse, and started using "four shot", and that led to the "more than one a day in gun crazed America" nonsense.

If you go with the 3 shot like the moron invented. Chicago has at least a few mass shootings per week on average. It's like the anti's using a "school" shooting to include any shooting at a school, near a school, near a school field, etc. They include drug dealers shooting each other at 2 am on a saturday night in a school parking lot to be a school shooting.

He's in Hawaii playing golf, he's not going to care one bit.

In the state of the union address I bet we get double servings of gun control, climate change, all that BS. And since it's his last, he'll be patting himself on the back endlessly.

The historical number was the 4, it was always that. But that doesn't work for the anti's so now they use whatever. After the oregon shooting or San Bernardino all over the news and internet the anti's were hyping some crap about there have been 155 mass shootings this year (might have been 350, I forget but it was a crazy number) and people where shocked.

When the stats don't work for you, just make up a new absurd one.

Yep... it's all in how they play the numbers game in order to scare the masses.

They do the same thing WRT school shootings, and including suicide numbers to the "gun violence" count...

The number of ‘mass shootings’ in the U.S. depends on how you count

Wednesday’s massacre in San Bernardino was the latest mass shooting in America. By some counts — including a heavily cited version — it was the 354th of the year. By a narrower definition, it was the 40th. In light of the headlines about mass shootings, there’s been a growing debate about what should count.

Definitions for statistics are far from perfect. We must assign numbers to complex events. We must group and categorize people and scenarios that are anything but generic. And we must be aware of the imperfections we place in data by making these decisions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/wonkblog/mass-shooting-definition/

that common core mass shootings calculations. home owner shoots someone breaking in, cops show up shoot husband, wife and dog = mass shooting

I blame the gun...

"The policeman who allegedly shot three fellow officers to death at work underwent psychological treatment for a decade and had faced three separate investigations for insubordination and unexcused absences, a Puerto Rico police spokesman said Tuesday."

The was an active shooter incident recently where the guy didn't actually shoot. I think that used to be called "man with a gun", and before that was referred to as "none of your business".

I find it interesting that a mass shooting used to be 4 killed in one incident. Then it became 4 shot. Then 3 shot. Maybe this is how we get to that bloodbath known as "The Wild West", by calling non-incidents "Mass Shootings".

In related news, there was a mass shooting at my house today. No shots were fired, no guns were involved, only one person was at the scene and no injuries have been reported.

Back
Top Bottom