Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

The whole background check thing is dumb. Does anyone really think this guy would have said "Well the NICS check said I can't buy a gun from the store, I guess my plan to kill people is foiled..." ?
but but but it'll make it HARDER for the bad guy to get ahold of that gun. That should reduce mass killings, right?

Actually, this really doesn't surprise me.

Probably some airman that was responsible for forwarding that info to the CJIS/NCIS just blew it off, had work piled up,
decided to call it day, lack of communication and/or supervision,etc and it never made it into the system.

4 years in the Army, we did shit like this all time... call it lack of motivation, not giving a ****, cutting corners, it happened
all the time.

Then again... it could have been a simple oversight.

Air Force/Army... I rest my case! I WAS NAVY!!!!!

The whole background check thing is dumb. Does anyone really think this guy would have said "Well the NICS check said I can't buy a gun from the store, I guess my plan to kill people is foiled..." ?

Bingo !

[video=youtube_share;lNYcviXK4rg]http://youtu.be/lNYcviXK4rg[/video]

Sure. But in this particular case, NICS would have prevented a violent dumbass from easily getting four guns. And as long as we have NICS, it might as well work. As it would have in this case, if Airman Snuffy and his NCOIC has been doing their jobs.

Is it likely the shooter would have found another way to get a gun? Sure. But he didn’t have to lift a finger to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

They've already been to the clink. That’s the point.

The problem with supporting the NICS check system is that if it did work in this case and the dirtbag got a gun anyway the libtards would be calling for more laws.

The problem with supporting the NICS check system is that if it did work in this case and the dirtbag got a gun anyway the libtards would be calling for more laws.

Sadly they're always calling for more gun control laws even when it's a truck or anything else that was used.

Unfortunately my former pro gun friends are using the same argument to say the only solution to this now is Australia-like confiscation. Was rather surprised to hear that from them yesterday.

Unfortunately my former pro gun friends are using the same argument to say the only solution to this now is Australia-like confiscation. Was rather surprised to hear that from them yesterday.

Tell them there is a legal route to accomplish their goal, amend the Constitution. Give it a shot.

Well, at least you realized they are idiots and they are your "former" friends.

People forget that if it wasn't for old white men we'd all be speaking German.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If we were all speaking German right now - we probably wouldn't have this issue.

The shooter would have been sent to a camp or a "work battalion" in the Wehrmacht.

And there would be no such thing as BLM, Antifah - or any of the other assorted lunacy we're seeing from the left recently.

Just saying.................. it might not be as bad as you think.

Ask them if they know how that turned out for England?

UK Homicide Rate.PNG

Not to mention the long-term effects felt by the Jews at the hands of Hitler, Chinese in tiananmen square, and other forms of unrepelled tyranny.

If they want that shit, tell them to ****ing move to Australia!

Last edited:
If we were all speaking German right now - we probably wouldn't have this issue.

The shooter would have been sent to a camp or a "work battalion" in the Wehrmacht.

And there would be no such thing as BLM, Antifah - or any of the other assorted lunacy we're seeing from the left recently.

I don't much, but have to disagree with you on this one! It would be as bad as we think. All of this leftist crap is a march toward the type of tyranny that propelled Hitler to power. Its what we need to fight, if not for ourselves but for our kids and grandkids.

Interesting how the good guys gun wasn't "high powered" and didn't kill him instantly and the media is ignoring that little gem.

Interview by Steven Crowder with Stephen Willeford, who stopped the gunman. I just started watching it:

I'm about half way through and have to get to work but thoughts so far:

-Dude is a hero, no doubt about it. This is the epitome of American self-reliance.
-This really validates the training that a lot of gun owners (including many here on NES) go through. He really had a clear mind and knew what he was doing, this isn't some FUDD.

Don't mess with Texas!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about half way through and have to get to work but thoughts so far:

-Dude is a hero, no doubt about it. This is the epitome of American self-reliance.
-This really validates the training that a lot of gun owners (including many here on NES) go through. He really had a clear mind and knew what he was doing, this isn't some FUDD.

Don't mess with Texas!

The part that will flip some lib lids. "I've trained all my kids on weapons since they were 8 years old"

...because look at Germany.

LOL! Major news carriers are now picking up on the story but refuse to mention Willeford was a former NRA instructor. They are going with "experienced rifleman" so they don't have to say anything that could be considered positive about the NRA.

LOL! Major news carriers are now picking up on the story but refuse to mention Willeford was a former NRA instructor. They are going with "experienced rifleman" so they don't have to say anything that could be considered positive about the NRA.
because that wouldn't fit the narrative?

Making me rethink the accessibility of my rifles. Not that I'm not super prepared for the zombie apocalypse or something, but maybe it would be a good idea to get a fast access rifle safe and keep one of them in there.

Mike

That's why I like those that are hidden in plain sight inside of furniture/walls.

Very Rare Type of Story to read from the Post-Gazette:

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...es-of-gun-control-debate/stories/201711060232

... “What happened in that church should show everybody that it’s not a gun problem, it’s a people problem,” said resident Mike Jordan, 50, whose grandson was nearly shot by Kelley. “A screwdriver in the hands of the wrong person can be a deadly weapon.”

Kevin Langdon doesn’t carry a screwdriver, but it’s not unusual to find the retired 62-year-old teacher carrying multiple guns - usually small arms he uses to kill rattlesnakes and copperheads.

It’s people, however - not snakes or wild hogs - that locals worry about most. Langdon’s neighbors, who have formed an unofficial watch program, all own rifles, he said. They use the scopes to monitor one another’s properties in case a stranger approaches - a constant concern because of the traffic that passes through town along Highway 87, bringing big-city strangers from nearby San Antonio, he said.

“If someone were to hit a woman at a gas station, there’d be 20 men on top of him beating a new lesson into him,” he said. “Everyone has everyone else’s back, and guns are how we keep one another safe.”

I don't much, but have to disagree with you on this one! It would be as bad as we think. All of this leftist crap is a march toward the type of tyranny that propelled Hitler to power. Its what we need to fight, if not for ourselves but for our kids and grandkids.

Trying to avoid Godwin's law here as much as I can...........

Tyranny didn't propel Hitler into power. A completely screwed up country - run by a liberal regime BTW - is what "propelled" the Nazis into power.

As far as being a "tyranny" - it was pretty much only a tyranny if you were on the Nazi's shit list. Regular Germans thought they were living better at the time. Superhighways. Volkswagens. Everybody had a job. Etc.

It wasn't until after the war when the whole thing fell down into a heaping pile of rubble and the country was split into two parts - and millions upon millions of Germans were dead , that the majority started thinking the Nazis were complete and utter shit.

Compare that against the communist regime in Russia - and there's a big difference. The commies were killing people off right from the get go. They were genociding "enemies of the state" right from the start. And you could be in the in crowd one day - and breaking rocks in Siberia a week later.

Solzenitzyn wrote a lot about what it was like in the Soviet Union. NKVD went thru entire cities at night and just gathered people up by the hundreds or thousands. Yes - the Nazis went after the Jews , and they also did stuff like clear out the "defectives" from convalescent homes and so forth, but for many if not most Germans living under Nazism wasn't a never ending cycle of fear and "tyranny" as it was under the Soviet communist regime.

One of these is not exactly the same as the other. And things change over time. If we had actually been conquered by the Nazis ( a premise I find laughable in the first place) - then if we were still being ruled by them 72 years later you can be sure it wouldn't be exactly the same kind of social and political environment that it was during the WW2 years in Europe. That's why I said: You likely would not have had the church shooter - the guy would have been dealt with and dealt with harshly before he even got as far as he did. I don't recall the Germans being all that lenient towards paperwork screwups. You also wouldn't be dealing with BLM, Antifah, pussy hat marches, liberal freak outs in the media - etc.

Tell them there is a legal route to accomplish their goal, amend the Constitution. Give it a shot.

Show them this video:

[video=youtube_share;bnoFKskvSq4]http://youtu.be/bnoFKskvSq4[/video]

Interview by Steven Crowder with Stephen Willeford, who stopped the gunman. I just started watching it:

What a stud.

This is great, everyone should watch this. I am going to work extra hard at getting some more training in coming weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the only article I found that identified the good guy's rifle as an AR15. The MSM is trying to bury that fact in the depths of hell.

http://www.faithwire.com/2017/11/06...mediately-confronted-the-texas-church-killer/

This event is a godsend for people who want to argue with the lefties in their life about how people should be allowed to own firearms - and why the AR is not an evil black killing machine.

The problem here is not with the event - it's with people's inability to use this gift to argue down the idiotic lefties who will twist every fact and lie at every step of the way to try and push their agenda.

Up your game and use the gift God just gave you to beat them even further into the ground.

I mean aside from those pesky things like government sponsored mass murder, euthanasia of anyone with any kind of birth defect, no Constitution limiting the horrendous excesses government can stoop to - hey no FREEDOM at all. But yeah, other than that it would be awesome! Wooo! Go Nazis.

NICS only prevents some people from buying guns legally. Any one or more people who want guns can get them because they’re criminals. The only way to stop a criminal is the way Williford stopped this criminal.

Thank you. I️ should have been more verbose in my post.

The bottom line is that the libtard solution to a failed .gov process is not to improve the process, it is to add moar processes that are equally as ineffective yet employ more zombies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom