Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

A former National Rifle Assn. instructor, Willeford took with him the AR-15-style assault rifle that he keeps in a safe.

What happened next was a scenario nearly unheard of in mass shootings, but one often suggested by those in favor of a well-armed citizenry: An armed bystander got in a shootout with a mass killer and chased him out of town.

Two of Willeford’s shots apparently hit Kelley, one in the leg and one in the torso. The gunman dropped his weapon and fled in an SUV.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-shooting-guns-20171106-story,amp.html

No one inside the church was armed at the time of the attack, the sheriff said Monday, saying he was not surprised by that fact. "People from this community would never think this could happen," he said.

<http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-texas-church-shooting-20171106-story.html>

Interview by Steven Crowder with Stephen Willeford, who stopped the gunman. I just started watching it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Solve your own problems. I didn’t call you an idiot nor infer anything about your attention skills, you did that to you.

I took it as he being Willeford as the subject of the conversation and Willeford having an AR-15.

Yeah it apparently didn’t come across right, but my post was supposed to be tongue in cheek: I was saying you should be calling me an idiot because I am calling myself one because I lacked comprehension. It was my attempt at a funny response to “what am I missing?” I wasn't saying "Jesus you did everything except actually call me an idiot..."

Sorry if it came off differently, again thanks for the original links (which I had been waiting for) and the follow up when I missed the subject of the question the reporter asked.

Last edited:
Interview by Steven Crowder with Stephen Willeford, who stopped the gunman. I just started watching it:

The man is the epitome of a true hero.
I hope he gets some help coping with it all.
There really is no telling how many lives he may have saved if this shitbag was just getting started.
I'm just afraid some of the media is going to try and bone the guy for screwing up thier narrative.

Yeah it apparently didn’t come across right, but my post was supposed to be tongue in cheek: I was saying you should be calling me an idiot because I am calling myself one because I lacked comprehension. It was my attempt at a funny response to “what am I missing?” I wasn't saying "Jesus you did everything except actually call me an idiot..."

Sorry if it came off differently, again thanks for the original links (which I had been waiting for) and the follow up when I missed the subject of the question the reporter asked.

Totally cool, man [thumbsup]. It’s nearly impossible to detect tone online. I’m usually quick with funniness.

It’d be a really nice gesture if Trump invited these guys to the White House and gave them some recognition.

Yes and no. I think even most gun owners get behind NICS. Maybe not on NES, but in general. NICS would have worked here if it weren't for the incompetent bureaucracy that is the federal government and their failure to share information.

This guy, Willeford, is the definition of a hero. I think we'll be seeing more of him, and he'll probably be at the white house. He's the silver lining in this disaster. Not only for the countless people he saved, but also for the gun rights community. I already have seen Facebook clowns referring to gun owners as losers, and specifically calling me out as selfish for owning an AR. This completely ****s their narrative.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

He seems like such a humble guy. I hope he is able to cope with all of this and gets counseling if needed and he and the truck driver should get invited to the WH when the time is appropriate.

Arguing the background check angle merely plays into their hand as it is an argument for MORE government control not less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand they could try and argue that angle. But all the regulation in the world won't stop someone from not wanting to do data entry. Having another BS check still wouldn't do anything. All you have to say to shoot a new check system down is, the normal paperwork wasn't filed because of laziness or backlog, imagine if you made it even MORE paperwork that would totally fix laziness or being understaffed. I think anyone who has ever filed paperwork would drop it at a beurocrat royally screwed the pooch. This is a prime example of the system we have works if the people actually did thier jobs.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes and no. I think even most gun owners get behind NICS. Maybe not on NES, but in general. NICS would have worked here if it weren't for the incompetent bureaucracy that is the federal government and their failure to share information.

That's a big 'if'. There's a lot of things I would support in theory, but I know the US government is too bloated and incompetent to do it properly.

Im sure trump would be thrilled to meet this guy .yes as the president but also because trumps trump.
While we have to leave this guy alone, unfortunately we have to politicize it.

Ive read so many articles that claim the shooter had an assult weapon and the hero just had a rifle, that it proves assult weapons have to be banned and the hero protected himself with a hunting rifle.

If that isnt proof staring you in the eye that "assult" in assult weapons is how the rifle is used not what it is.
PDW (personal defense weapon) and assult weaponss are just word diarrhea

Arguing the background check angle merely plays into their hand as it is an argument for MORE government control not less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see your point, but the counter argument is the laws libtards and their sympathizers have pushed for in the past should have made this guy need to steal a gun or borrow one from a friend. But no, the big gov they love so much was too incompetent to prevent him from passing the background check. More laws aren't going to fix the fact the government screws up almost everything it touches.

In a way. But NICS isn’t going anywhere. And the fact remains that it would have/should have worked in this case, if Airman Snuffy hadn’t been feeling lazy that day. I think we’ll get more mileage out of the argument that existing laws are enough, which they are. More than.

My concern? The dozens/scores/hundreds of other Court-martial convicts that have also slipped through various cracks, and who’ll be spending this week buying lots of guns with false 4473s because they now think they might pass NICS. And I’m sure many will, before the USAF IG figures out the fix.

Those guns will be in the wind forever. Love NICS or hate it, this is precisely the situation it exists to prevent. And it would, if everyone was doing their simple job.

Last edited:
In a way. But NICS isn’t going anywhere. And the fact remains that it would have/should have worked in this case, if Airman Snuffy hadn’t been feeling lazy that day. I think we’ll get more mileage out of the argument that existing laws are enough, which they are. More than.

My concern? The dozens/scores/hundreds of other Court-martial convicts that have also slipped through various cracks, and who’ll be spending this week buying lots of guns with false 4473s because they now think they might pass NICS. And I’m sure many will, before the USAF IG figures out the fix.

Those guns will be in the wind forever. Love NICS or hate it, this is precisely the situation it exists to prevent. And it would, if everyone was doing their simple job.

NICS only prevents some people from buying guns legally. Any one or more people who want guns can get them because they’re criminals. The only way to stop a criminal is the way Williford stopped this criminal.

Maybe, but they would be playing w/ fire because if they're caught lying on the paperwork then they're heading for the clink

NICS only prevents some people from buying guns legally. Any one or more people who want guns can get them because they’re criminals. The only way to stop a criminal is the way Williford stopped this criminal.

Sure. But in this particular case, NICS would have prevented a violent dumbass from easily getting four guns. And as long as we have NICS, it might as well work. As it would have in this case, if Airman Snuffy and his NCOIC has been doing their jobs.

Is it likely the shooter would have found another way to get a gun? Sure. But he didn’t have to lift a finger to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but they would be playing w/ fire because if they're caught lying on the paperwork then they're heading for the clink

They've already been to the clink. That’s the point.

The whole background check thing is dumb. Does anyone really think this guy would have said "Well the NICS check said I can't buy a gun from the store, I guess my plan to kill people is foiled..." ?

I wonder why Willeford didn’t keep his AR mags loaded?

Every single AR, AK, and FAL magazine I have are kept fully topped in their own locked cases at all times. Not that I ever want to have to be in his situation but it’s just a very simple and quick form of preparedness.

Hats off to the man regardless. Balls of steel and calmness under fire.

Back
Top Bottom