Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

The youtube link has Langendorf saying on-camera that the suspect had an AR-15, with text added that both had one? The other link is faith wire, no idea what their source is. Not saying it didn't happen, I'm just waiting for something reputable to report the weapon that Willeford used.

I would re-listen to 0:30-0:51 again. The guy being interviewed is the driver of the truck who chased the bad guy talking about the good guy with a gun who shot the bad guy.

Am I missing something?

Sorry for your situation, they’re the most qualified to opine on guns. Just like these “Moms”: https://youtu.be/Mq-2QVczje0

Sources for AR15 used against the loser.

From England : http://www.faithwire.com/2017/11/06...mediately-confronted-the-texas-church-killer/

From Johnnie Langendorf himself:

https://youtu.be/0FnozfBGq8g

Nice video.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's just more proof the NICS system is flawed and ineffective. The only way that it will be made better is if families of victims are allowed to sue the FBI or local/state police agencies or military justice for failing to provide information to the NICS.

More lawrs won't fix incompetent (and corrupt) government.

The youtube link has Langendorf saying on-camera that the suspect had an AR-15, with text added that both had one? The other link is faith wire, no idea what their source is. Not saying it didn't happen, I'm just waiting for something reputable to report the weapon that Willeford used.

I would re-listen to 0:30-0:51 again. The guy being interviewed is the driver of the truck who chased the bad guy talking about the good guy with a gun who shot the bad guy.

Am I missing something?

That is kind of the way I first interpreted it, then thought about it and it sounded like he was asking what kind of gun the perp had, not the good guy.

Once I realized I was a criminal - it was like a weight was off my shoulders.

I don't really give a shit what the "law" is any more - and I don't really pay attention to the spew that comes out of the State House.

Exactly...one felony, two felony, three felony, four....who gives shit if they add a few more?

My wife and I were just discussing this and when I mentioned those 2 guys, she said she hoped it would turn out that the scumbag took his own life so those 2 wouldn't get into trouble. It's sad that many in Ma think like this and worse that they think the rest of the country thinks the same way.

My wife and I were just discussing this and when I mentioned those 2 guys, she said she hoped it would turn out that the scumbag took his own life so those 2 wouldn't get into trouble. It's sad that many in Ma think like this and worse that they think the rest of the country thinks the same way.

If they charge those two with anything I am happy to contribute to their defense fund... I am sure thousands of other will as well.

I think in MA the hero absolutely would be put away for the rest of his life. After all, he actually chased down the bad guy, rather than back into a corner and hide then defend himself as a last resort. When has that ever worked out for someone legally in MA?

If they charge those two with anything I am happy to contribute to their defense fund... I am sure thousands of other will as well.

Considering everything I've heard out of Texas sounds like "See? This is why more people should carry at church.", including Sheriffs, ministers, etc. I think these guys are about as far from being arrested as you can get. But I second the sentiment.

Am I missing something?

Yeah you’re missing the part where you call me an idiot...

i listened to it initially twice, specifically looking for the information on the citizens gun, and even though the reporter and Langendorf were TALKING ABOUT WILLEFORD when the reporter asked “What kind of gun did he have?” I still misheard.

Not sure if my mind was conflating Langendorf and Willeford behind the scenes or what, even though I knew he was the driver that picked Willeford up.

thanks again for the links and being patient while I ate crayons and watched movies...

I think in MA the hero absolutely would be put away for the rest of his life. After all, he actually chased down the bad guy, rather than back into a corner and hide then defend himself as a last resort. When has that ever worked out for someone legally in MA?

In fairness, and I’m NOT even remotely saying the bystanders shouldn’t have taken care of business, police response time in much of MA is likely quicker than in rural TX. it took the plumber time to tool up and engage; maybe MA cops would have been there by then.

Maybe not. We’ll never know, but I’m not so sure this wouldn’t be a good shoot even here. The positive coverage of the two bystanders has surprised and impressed me.

In fairness, and I’m NOT even remotely saying the bystanders shouldn’t have taken care of business, police response time in much of MA is likely quicker than in rural TX. it took the plumber time to tool up and engage; maybe MA cops would have been there by then.

Maybe not. We’ll never know, but I’m not so sure this wouldn’t be a good shoot even here. The positive coverage of the two bystanders has surprised and impressed me.

I'm impressed by the coverage, and even if in MA, they may try and charge them with something, or take away their gun rights, but they would get a NATIONAL response of torches and pitchforks that would make that little bitch Maura's head spin. Govenor Fakers office would be fielding all sorts of delicious calls I'm sure. In the court of public opinion, they win.

God bless those two guys.
The one that engaged him had never been shot at in his life , but nutted up and did what he had to do.
Apparently he managed to snake one in between the body armor panels under fire from the pos.
The dirtbag called his father and told him he'd been shot and didn't think he was going to make it.

The guy driving the truck is every bit the hero in my eyes.
He could have just kept driving and stayed out of harms way.

Prayers for all those affected by this.

And Ron White was right, In Texas we kill you back

The Air Force never entered his disciplinary record into the record. That's how he fell through the cracks.

Gov. Fail yet again.

Channel 7 reported the same thing that the Air Force never reported his criminal record to the FBI so it was not in the NCIC/NICS check

Fox News just reported that the USAF didn't report his conviction and BCD to the FBI.

Actually, this really doesn't surprise me.

Probably some airman that was responsible for forwarding that info to the CJIS/NCIS just blew it off, had work piled up,
decided to call it day, lack of communication and/or supervision,etc and it never made it into the system.

4 years in the Army, we did shit like this all time... call it lack of motivation, not giving a ****, cutting corners, it happened
all the time.

Then again... it could have been a simple oversight.

The dead scumbag should have been prohibited even if his discharge was technically not dishonorable and the exact conditions of the Laughtenturd amendment weren't met. One of the charges he was convicted of was assault and battery on his child, under the age of 16. That carries a maximum sentence of 2 years confinement. That makes him prohibited regardless of anything else, if the charges are entered into the system: Thank you US Air Force [rolleyes]

If you can be trusted in society, you can be trusted with firearms, period. Blaming the NICS helps the anti's, because the only solution to inefficiencies of government bureaucracy is.....you guessed it, more bureaucracy!

If you can be trusted in society, you can be trusted with firearms, period. Blaming the NICS helps the anti's, because the only solution to inefficiencies of government bureaucracy is.....you guessed it, more bureaucracy!

This. "Your bureaucracy ****ed the dog. The only one who can protect me is... me."

Funny how that happens to jibe with jurisprudence, a la Warren.

Yeah you’re missing the part where you call me an idiot...

i listened to it initially twice, specifically looking for the information on the citizens gun, and even though the reporter and Langendorf were TALKING ABOUT WILLEFORD when the reporter asked “What kind of gun did he have?” I still misheard.

Not sure if my mind was conflating Langendorf and Willeford behind the scenes or what, even though I knew he was the driver that picked Willeford up.

thanks again for the links and being patient while I ate crayons and watched movies...

Solve your own problems. I didn’t call you an idiot nor infer anything about your attention skills, you did that to you.

I took it as he being Willeford as the subject of the conversation and Willeford having an AR-15.

Making me rethink the accessibility of my rifles. Not that I'm not super prepared for the zombie apocalypse or something, but maybe it would be a good idea to get a fast access rifle safe and keep one of them in there.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom