Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

The story of the good guys is a stereotypical Texan tale.

Hey, that guy is a homicidal sumbitch, lemme grab my rifle and kill his ass!
Yee-haw! Climb on into my truck and let's get him!

Hats off to these two gents. Took care of the problem the Texas way without reliance on others.

It's not wiped . It's locked. And is is current police procedure to do that to preserve the evidence. You can also assume that if the guy had a cell phone the logs have been dumped and a scan of the cell tower locations is being done to track hi movements. Believe it or not it's much faster and more effective than sending a hundred LEO's knocking door to door asking "do you remember seeing this guy?"

One of the reasons being given for the hasty locking is to preserve the privacy of people on the friends list of these attackers.

They will be unsuccessful.

If things like this continue, it will be the people of this country not the feds who will make the open season decision.

The feds are trying to prevent open season on Antifa.

Im starting to see a pattern here..

[FONT=&amp]Country music fans gunned down in Las Vegas and things are covered up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Church congregation is gunned down in Texas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Republican Congressmen shot on a baseball field.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Rand Paul Assaulted by his Leftist neighbor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Seems like the left is engaged in a political terrorist war?[tinfoil][/FONT]

Last edited:
Current CNN page... I'm shocked they are acknowledging the "good guy with a gun".

attachment.php

Attachments

• cnnheadline.jpg
    cnnheadline.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 368
So is this kid Antifa/Democrat or not?

His LinkedIn info got a screenshot somewhere ! Regarding his Likes/about me stuff. CNN, Social Justice, Cats ... stuff like that - I' got the impression "serious Democrat" ... the screenshot going around with the Antifa Logos seem to be Fake. Conspiracy site with no second confirmation.

Has anyone seen anything that would suggest why the victims in the church either didn't get out or shoot back? It sounds like the shooting started outside so they had at least some advanced notice, no idea how much, at least enough time to realize there were bullets and anyone carrying could draw. I just realized a friend of mine and his family lives in the same town the shooter was from (New Braunfels). He carries all the time, even in church. I have no idea how common that is, though.

Has anyone seen anything that would suggest why the victims in the church either didn't get out or shoot back? It sounds like the shooting started outside so they had at least some advanced notice, no idea how much, at least enough time to realize there were bullets and anyone carrying could draw. I just realized a friend of mine and his family lives in the same town the shooter was from (New Braunfels). He carries all the time, even in church. I have no idea how common that is, though.

So far it appears that no one was armed or fired back inside the church. If anyone was armed they either were shot before they could draw or fired but either did not hit him or hit his armor or did not hit him in a spot that would stop him.

Well, I do believe this incident will make many LTC holders re-think and re-analyze their personal Church Carry practices, regardless of various "policies" and laws.

(I am not encouraging anyone to break any state laws...... just making an observation, and just sayin ....)

I wrote this up so folks don't have to search through the entire big thread to find out what happened
Multiple updates

According to initial reports the gunman drove to the store across from the church and exited his vehicle. He was dressed in all black, with face mask and wearing a ballistic vest. He was armed with a Ruger 5.56x45mm AR rifle equipped with an inexpensive red dot sight, white light, sling and a vertical grip. He began shooting walking towards the church, moved to the right of the church and continued firing and then entered the church shooting. He fired as he walked to the front of the church, stopped, turned and continued shooting as he walked back out. It is believed his rifle was loaded with Hornady TAP or VMAX ammunition based upon a loaded cartridge left at the scene. 23 people were killed in the church, two outside the church and one died at a hospital. 20 more were wounded. Ages of the victims range from 5 to 72 years old. A neighbor heard the gunfire and responded by grabbing an AR-15 rifle and taking up a shooting position. He fired on the gunman as he exited the church. It appears the gunman was hit by the armed citizen, possibly in the neck, as he dropped his rifle, a Ruger AR, and fled to his vehicle. The armed citizen continued to engage the gunman attempting to stop him and prevent him from fleeing. He fired at least one shot which blew out the back window of the vehicle. The shooter drove away at a high rate of speed. In order to prevent the gunman from escaping and causing further harm the armed citizen flagged down a vehicle. The armed citizen quickly informed the driver of the vehicle, a pick-up truck, the situation and entered the vehicle. The driver of the pick-up truck set out in pursuit of the fleeing gunman while contacting the police via his cell phone. During the pursuit the driver of the pick-up closed the distance with the fleeing gunman while reaching speeds of 95 mph. The pick-up truck driver was able to get within a few feet of the fleeing gunman's vehicle, which then slowed, before the gunman lost control of his vehicle and went off the road at an intersection.

The armed citizen exited the pick-up and covered the gunman's vehicle with his rifle to prevent the gunman's escape. The driver of the pick-up stated the gunman made no movements inside his vehicle. The driver of the truck placed his vehicle in park and informed the police of the gunman's location. The police arrived on location approximately 5 to 7 minutes later. The gunman died at the scene, and as the driver of the truck stated he made no movements and there were no shots fired for the 5 to 7 minutes before police arrived. Evidence indicates he bled out and died from a gunshot wound or wounds inflicted by the armed citizen. Police stated the gunman's vehicle contained multiple firearms and he may have been headed to another location to continue his shooting spree, but was killed instead.

The shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, was 26 years old, father of two. High School classmates of his are quoted as saying he was an outcast who preached "atheism" and said "anyone who believes in God is stupid". He served in the US Air Force from 2009 to 2013 and was Court-Martialed and discharged in 2014 after assaulting his wife and child and serving 12 months in the brig. Under Federal Law a Domestic Violence conviction would prohibit him from legally owning a firearm but evidently was not disqualified as he purchased his rifle at an Academy store. So, for a motive he was a militant atheist who hated Christians. As a militant atheist me might have ties to the Left but that remains to be proven. Without a doubt the armed citizen is a hero who likely saved many more lives by his quick thinking and willingness to step in and take action. His ability to properly employ a long gun against an armed and moving gunman while under great stress saved lives and put an end to the shooting spree. His actions demonstrate how a legally owned firearm can be used to save lives if the person behind the gun has the mettle and ability to properly put it to use.

Excellent write up by David M. Fortier

Good writeup, thank you. Do you have the source, I'm for whatever reason focused on what the armed citizen's behavior and rifle.

Good writeup, thank you. Do you have the source, I'm for whatever reason focused on what the armed citizen's behavior and rifle.

For some one strange reason no msm want to know what anti assault black super machine gun Semi auto 500 shot per second war rifle stopped the shooter.

I wrote this up so folks don't have to search through the entire big thread to find out what happened
Multiple updates

According to initial reports the gunman drove to the store across from the church and exited his vehicle. He was dressed in all black, with face mask and wearing a ballistic vest. He was armed with a Ruger 5.56x45mm AR rifle equipped with an inexpensive red dot sight, white light, sling and a vertical grip. He began shooting walking towards the church, moved to the right of the church and continued firing and then entered the church shooting. He fired as he walked to the front of the church, stopped, turned and continued shooting as he walked back out. It is believed his rifle was loaded with Hornady TAP or VMAX ammunition based upon a loaded cartridge left at the scene. 23 people were killed in the church, two outside the church and one died at a hospital. 20 more were wounded. Ages of the victims range from 5 to 72 years old. A neighbor heard the gunfire and responded by grabbing an AR-15 rifle and taking up a shooting position. He fired on the gunman as he exited the church. It appears the gunman was hit by the armed citizen, possibly in the neck, as he dropped his rifle, a Ruger AR, and fled to his vehicle. The armed citizen continued to engage the gunman attempting to stop him and prevent him from fleeing. He fired at least one shot which blew out the back window of the vehicle. The shooter drove away at a high rate of speed. In order to prevent the gunman from escaping and causing further harm the armed citizen flagged down a vehicle. The armed citizen quickly informed the driver of the vehicle, a pick-up truck, the situation and entered the vehicle. The driver of the pick-up truck set out in pursuit of the fleeing gunman while contacting the police via his cell phone. During the pursuit the driver of the pick-up closed the distance with the fleeing gunman while reaching speeds of 95 mph. The pick-up truck driver was able to get within a few feet of the fleeing gunman's vehicle, which then slowed, before the gunman lost control of his vehicle and went off the road at an intersection.

The armed citizen exited the pick-up and covered the gunman's vehicle with his rifle to prevent the gunman's escape. The driver of the pick-up stated the gunman made no movements inside his vehicle. The driver of the truck placed his vehicle in park and informed the police of the gunman's location. The police arrived on location approximately 5 to 7 minutes later. The gunman died at the scene, and as the driver of the truck stated he made no movements and there were no shots fired for the 5 to 7 minutes before police arrived. Evidence indicates he bled out and died from a gunshot wound or wounds inflicted by the armed citizen. Police stated the gunman's vehicle contained multiple firearms and he may have been headed to another location to continue his shooting spree, but was killed instead.

The shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, was 26 years old, father of two. High School classmates of his are quoted as saying he was an outcast who preached "atheism" and said "anyone who believes in God is stupid". He served in the US Air Force from 2009 to 2013 and was Court-Martialed and discharged in 2014 after assaulting his wife and child and serving 12 months in the brig. Under Federal Law a Domestic Violence conviction would prohibit him from legally owning a firearm but evidently was not disqualified as he purchased his rifle at an Academy store. So, for a motive he was a militant atheist who hated Christians. As a militant atheist me might have ties to the Left but that remains to be proven. Without a doubt the armed citizen is a hero who likely saved many more lives by his quick thinking and willingness to step in and take action. His ability to properly employ a long gun against an armed and moving gunman while under great stress saved lives and put an end to the shooting spree. His actions demonstrate how a legally owned firearm can be used to save lives if the person behind the gun has the mettle and ability to properly put it to use.

Excellent write up by David M. Fortier

Thanks for the detailed information.

I'm curious how many shots the armed citizen responder took?

Reading thru what you posted and reading between the lines a little bit it appears the citizen may have taken as few as four shots - and maybe only as many as ten.

If police were involved thousands of rounds would have been expended - every house in the area would have looked like Swiss cheese and the end of the car chase would have left the car looking like a vehicle at an NES shoot.

The guy in the pickup truck deserves kudos too - sounds like he kept his head and immediately figured out the gravity of the situation.

Maybe everybody should have cowered in place and waited for the police to show up. I'm sure the usual suspects will start spewing this nonsense shortly if they haven't already.

Is there any confirmation of what type of rifle the Good Samaritan's responded with?

This panel of firearms experts are on it. The following will explain all about both guns used, and what to do to stop any further violence.

The brilliant ones have all the answers, you sheep need to conform and capitulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I do believe this incident will make many LTC holders re-think and re-analyze their personal Church Carry practices, regardless of various "policies" and laws.

(I am not encouraging anyone to break any state laws...... just making an observation, and just sayin ....)

I encourage anyone who carries to actively break the state laws and local venue policies at every opportunity. Nobody is looking out for your safety and if you don't do it for yourself and your fellow citizens(antifa commies and homicidal mudslimes deliberately excluded as they are NOT your fellow citizens they are proven enemies) then your shit is in the breeze.

This is NOT a fuvcking game anymore folks, this is a publicly declared war. Grab your damned bootstraps and do what is necessary to preserve your way of life.

Back
Top Bottom