Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

Domestic violence is an automatic PP. 12 month confinement means felony conviction, a PP. No way this guy passed a NICS check.
You never know - wouldn't be the first time that a PP slipped right through the system and passed the check. I think the SC church shooter did this. It's not a very good system.

I subscribe to SOFREP and this is from a poster on SOFREP in the comments section, so take it for what it's worth.

"I live 3 miles from the church. This is what actually happened.....this a-hole showed up with body armor and an AR. He walked around the entire exterior spraying the building with bullets. Then he went inside and shot everyone in the Church. A man across the street saw what was going on and grabbed his AR and waiting for said a-hole to come out of the church. When he did the Good Samaritan shot him several times. The a-hole returned fire and fled in his vehicle. The Good Samaritan gave chase and approx 11 miles down the road, passing right by my house, the shooter bled out and crashed

He shot every man, woman and child. I hope he rots in hell for eternity."

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

so when will the news start reporting that the heroic citizen used an assault weapon with a high capacity magazine? Because if it was an AR in Texas there’s no way it has a restricted capacity magazine in it...

Anyone else find it fishy these guys have zero online presence within a few minutes of being identified? Like someone doesn't want "the public" making up their own minds about who this guy was?

Anyone else find it fishy these guys have zero online presence within a few minutes of being identified? Like someone doesn't want "the public" making up their own minds about who this guy was?

Yes. LV was the same deal. Who is wiping these people's profiles so quickly?

Yes, but just like I predicted - mention of the civilian good guy having a gun buried in CNN article; Foxnews headline is "Hero neighbor got his rifle, shot at Texas church gunman"

Almost 20 hours later, and it’s still like the third headline down from the top. I’d hardly call that “buried.” The armed citizen narrative is getting constant mention on the MSM news channels I’m watching, too. They do tend to insist on calling him a “Good Samaritan,” though.

so when will the news start reporting that the heroic citizen used an assault weapon with a high capacity magazine? Because if it was an AR in Texas there’s no way it has a restricted capacity magazine in it...

Thats far, far too technical to expect from any media source. Remember: most of America’s gun community doesn’t even use the term “restricted capacity,” and John Q Public has no clue at all.

HLN just showed the interview with the cowboy-hatted driver and then cut to a clip of the Trumpster stating this is a mental health problem, not a gun problem and thank God a good guy with a gun shot back and stopped this becoming much worse.

Color me surprised.

Well now ..... this is a bit interesting = shooters facebook page info. (Maybe sheds some light on actual motive?):

This is a VIDEO LINK (Below), and shows various actual screen pics of his page with the shooter's following connections:

- Member of several athiest groups.
- Party Affiliation = UAF (United Against Facism),
... and other info. (DD dishonorable discharge = supposedly was not allowed to own any firearms)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm thinking that the only people who could wipe a social media account that clean would be Facebook themselves.

i'm thinking that the only people who could wipe a social media account that clean would be Facebook themselves.

True. The question would be who asked them to do it and why? This wasn't a thing until LV and now I think that it is going to be the norm.

I think people would just ignore it. Let them try to violate 3 amendments in court.

Some people might ignore it, and the legislature would certainly violate amendments without hesitation. They've done it all along with impunity.

Dan Bongino is tearing it up on “Fox and Friends” regarding never giving up his guns. I’ll post the video later on when it gets online. Dude is on fire.

Well now ..... this is a bit interesting = shooters facebook page info. (Maybe sheds some light on actual motive?):

From the = actual screen pics of his page:

... and other info. (DD dishonorable discharge = supposedly was not allowed to own any firearms)

[laugh2] fake news created by the "vast right wing conspiracy"

True. The question would be who asked them to do it and why? This wasn't a thing until LV and now I think that it is going to be the norm.

I would not be at all surprised that Facebook, Twitter and all the other internet social media sites have internal groups at the ready to scrub information as soon as they hear names of possible shooters.

Yes. LV was the same deal. Who is wiping these people's profiles so quickly?
It's not wiped . It's locked. And is is current police procedure to do that to preserve the evidence. You can also assume that if the guy had a cell phone the logs have been dumped and a scan of the cell tower locations is being done to track hi movements. Believe it or not it's much faster and more effective than sending a hundred LEO's knocking door to door asking "do you remember seeing this guy?"

I wrote this up so folks don't have to search through the entire big thread to find out what happened
Multiple updates

According to initial reports the gunman drove to the store across from the church and exited his vehicle. He was dressed in all black, with face mask and wearing a ballistic vest. He was armed with a Ruger 5.56x45mm AR rifle equipped with an inexpensive red dot sight, white light, sling and a vertical grip. He began shooting walking towards the church, moved to the right of the church and continued firing and then entered the church shooting. He fired as he walked to the front of the church, stopped, turned and continued shooting as he walked back out. It is believed his rifle was loaded with Hornady TAP or VMAX ammunition based upon a loaded cartridge left at the scene. 23 people were killed in the church, two outside the church and one died at a hospital. 20 more were wounded. Ages of the victims range from 5 to 72 years old. A neighbor heard the gunfire and responded by grabbing an AR-15 rifle and taking up a shooting position. He fired on the gunman as he exited the church. It appears the gunman was hit by the armed citizen, possibly in the neck, as he dropped his rifle, a Ruger AR, and fled to his vehicle. The armed citizen continued to engage the gunman attempting to stop him and prevent him from fleeing. He fired at least one shot which blew out the back window of the vehicle. The shooter drove away at a high rate of speed. In order to prevent the gunman from escaping and causing further harm the armed citizen flagged down a vehicle. The armed citizen quickly informed the driver of the vehicle, a pick-up truck, the situation and entered the vehicle. The driver of the pick-up truck set out in pursuit of the fleeing gunman while contacting the police via his cell phone. During the pursuit the driver of the pick-up closed the distance with the fleeing gunman while reaching speeds of 95 mph. The pick-up truck driver was able to get within a few feet of the fleeing gunman's vehicle, which then slowed, before the gunman lost control of his vehicle and went off the road at an intersection.

The armed citizen exited the pick-up and covered the gunman's vehicle with his rifle to prevent the gunman's escape. The driver of the pick-up stated the gunman made no movements inside his vehicle. The driver of the truck placed his vehicle in park and informed the police of the gunman's location. The police arrived on location approximately 5 to 7 minutes later. The gunman died at the scene, and as the driver of the truck stated he made no movements and there were no shots fired for the 5 to 7 minutes before police arrived. Evidence indicates he bled out and died from a gunshot wound or wounds inflicted by the armed citizen. Police stated the gunman's vehicle contained multiple firearms and he may have been headed to another location to continue his shooting spree, but was killed instead.

The shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, was 26 years old, father of two. High School classmates of his are quoted as saying he was an outcast who preached "atheism" and said "anyone who believes in God is stupid". He served in the US Air Force from 2009 to 2013 and was Court-Martialed and discharged in 2014 after assaulting his wife and child and serving 12 months in the brig. Under Federal Law a Domestic Violence conviction would prohibit him from legally owning a firearm but evidently was not disqualified as he purchased his rifle at an Academy store. So, for a motive he was a militant atheist who hated Christians. As a militant atheist me might have ties to the Left but that remains to be proven. Without a doubt the armed citizen is a hero who likely saved many more lives by his quick thinking and willingness to step in and take action. His ability to properly employ a long gun against an armed and moving gunman while under great stress saved lives and put an end to the shooting spree. His actions demonstrate how a legally owned firearm can be used to save lives if the person behind the gun has the mettle and ability to properly put it to use.

Excellent write up by David M. Fortier

Dan Bongino is tearing it up on “Fox and Friends” regarding never giving up his guns. I’ll post the video later on when it gets online. Dude is on fire.

Love Bongino! Thank God somebody came out Pro-2A on that Network! The host of Fox and Friends First was talking about "what guns WE should ALLOW people to have" this morning. Typical NYC.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not be at all surprised that Facebook, Twitter and all the other internet social media sites have internal groups at the ready to scrub information as soon as they hear names of possible shooters.

Likely what is happening.

I’m still trying to figure out whether he was a PP. I think if his DV conviction wasn’t heard unless certain courtroom procedures took place, all laid out by Lautenberg and all based on non-UCMJ prosecutions, he might not have been.

I’d be very interested if a BCD DV conviction with 12 months of confinement (NOT “more than 12 months”) qualifies as a pp under Lautenberg.

Gov. Abbott of TX just reported on Fox TV that the shooter was denied a "Right to Carry" permit by TX law enforcement. Don't know TX laws to know if that means PP or only allows guns for sport/target like MA.

I wrote this up so folks don't have to search through the entire big thread to find out what happened
Multiple updates

According to initial reports the gunman drove to the store across from the church and exited his vehicle. He was dressed in all black, with face mask and wearing a ballistic vest. He was armed with a Ruger 5.56x45mm AR rifle equipped with an inexpensive red dot sight, white light, sling and a vertical grip. He began shooting walking towards the church, moved to the right of the church and continued firing and then entered the church shooting. He fired as he walked to the front of the church, stopped, turned and continued shooting as he walked back out. It is believed his rifle was loaded with Hornady TAP or VMAX ammunition based upon a loaded cartridge left at the scene. 23 people were killed in the church, two outside the church and one died at a hospital. 20 more were wounded. Ages of the victims range from 5 to 72 years old. A neighbor heard the gunfire and responded by grabbing an AR-15 rifle and taking up a shooting position. He fired on the gunman as he exited the church. It appears the gunman was hit by the armed citizen, possibly in the neck, as he dropped his rifle, a Ruger AR, and fled to his vehicle. The armed citizen continued to engage the gunman attempting to stop him and prevent him from fleeing. He fired at least one shot which blew out the back window of the vehicle. The shooter drove away at a high rate of speed. In order to prevent the gunman from escaping and causing further harm the armed citizen flagged down a vehicle. The armed citizen quickly informed the driver of the vehicle, a pick-up truck, the situation and entered the vehicle. The driver of the pick-up truck set out in pursuit of the fleeing gunman while contacting the police via his cell phone. During the pursuit the driver of the pick-up closed the distance with the fleeing gunman while reaching speeds of 95 mph. The pick-up truck driver was able to get within a few feet of the fleeing gunman's vehicle, which then slowed, before the gunman lost control of his vehicle and went off the road at an intersection.

The armed citizen exited the pick-up and covered the gunman's vehicle with his rifle to prevent the gunman's escape. The driver of the pick-up stated the gunman made no movements inside his vehicle. The driver of the truck placed his vehicle in park and informed the police of the gunman's location. The police arrived on location approximately 5 to 7 minutes later. The gunman died at the scene, and as the driver of the truck stated he made no movements and there were no shots fired for the 5 to 7 minutes before police arrived. Evidence indicates he bled out and died from a gunshot wound or wounds inflicted by the armed citizen. Police stated the gunman's vehicle contained multiple firearms and he may have been headed to another location to continue his shooting spree, but was killed instead.

The shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, was 26 years old, father of two. High School classmates of his are quoted as saying he was an outcast who preached "atheism" and said "anyone who believes in God is stupid". He served in the US Air Force from 2009 to 2013 and was Court-Martialed and discharged in 2014 after assaulting his wife and child and serving 12 months in the brig. Under Federal Law a Domestic Violence conviction would prohibit him from legally owning a firearm but evidently was not disqualified as he purchased his rifle at an Academy store. So, for a motive he was a militant atheist who hated Christians. As a militant atheist me might have ties to the Left but that remains to be proven. Without a doubt the armed citizen is a hero who likely saved many more lives by his quick thinking and willingness to step in and take action. His ability to properly employ a long gun against an armed and moving gunman while under great stress saved lives and put an end to the shooting spree. His actions demonstrate how a legally owned firearm can be used to save lives if the person behind the gun has the mettle and ability to properly put it to use.

Excellent write up by David M. Fortier

Thank you for posting!

From the = actual screen pics of his page:

DemocRATic Party

Gov. Abbott of TX just reported on Fox TV that the shooter was denied a "Right to Carry" permit by TX law enforcement. Don't know TX laws to know if that means PP or only allows guns for sport/target like MA.

I believe TX is shall issue

People who are barred from licensing include those under age 21, felons, fugitives, people who are "chemically dependent" or "incapable of exercising sound judgment", and those in arrears for taxes or child support.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texas

It's not wiped . It's locked. And is is current police procedure to do that to preserve the evidence. You can also assume that if the guy had a cell phone the logs have been dumped and a scan of the cell tower locations is being done to track hi movements. Believe it or not it's much faster and more effective than sending a hundred LEO's knocking door to door asking "do you remember seeing this guy?"

Is this something new that started with LV? Seems that we knew a TON about these mass shooters almost instantaneously, now its a bit of a mystery?

Back
Top Bottom