Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

The relevant statute is Texas PC 46.035 (b) (6), which prohibits concealed or open carry in a house of worship. However, the building must be posted in accordance with 30:06 OR 30:07 for it to be valid. Here is a link to the law. I found it a bit confusing because they don't strike out the parts that have been repealed, so you have to make sure of the effective date.

Rob or someone else can check my understanding of the law.

TX penal code 30.06 (yes, really) allows binding signage making concealed carry illegal.

TX penal code 30.07 is similar but for open carry.

Someone else mentioned a Court Martial. He received a Dishonorable Discharge and thus was a PP. At least it would seem so.

So, in 1 month, we had LV, NY, and TX?
That's a shame, an unprecedented frequency of mass murder and terrorism.

Definitely going to be a lot of saber rattling in the coming days.
We can only hope that control of congress and the white house will protect our rights, however I'm not so sure.

In the end it will always fall on "we the people" to protect our rights. Are we up to the task? I sure hope so however I'm not so sure. FIFY

Non-TV guy here, saw mentioned a couple of times on a notorious shitposting site that the lower used had no serial number, which could imply a certain type of lower which shall remain nameless. Ive also seen it mentioned that it was a Ruger, which would imply a more traditional lower. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? Other posters were insinuating theyre sort of chipping away at the 2A, bumpstocks, types of lowers, etc.

They're claiming it was a Ruger rifle, which means actual serial number.

Seeing other reports that an armed neighbor of the church confronted the killer and shot him, before he was able to flee the scene.

Grabbed these off 4Chan /pol/... I have no idea if they're authentic, fake or even the right Devin Kelly, but
I'm leaning towards legit.

KkQJbrs.png

kJoCJ3n.png

MfrAqVh.jpg

CNN just referred to 'a heroic citizen' who stopped the shooting.
Looking at http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting-resident-action/index.html I see typical CNN anti-gun bias:

1. The headline of the article makes no reference to the citizen chasing him using a firearm

2. No mention of the good guy's firearm until the 4th paragraph

3. The article makes no mention of the type of rifle the hero used, but does mention the miscreant used a Ruger "Assault rifle". To those not knowing the details, the article gives the impression of a Texan running out with his bolt action scoped hunting rifle with a wide leather sling rather than a tacticool EBR with a 30 round mag.

CNN is only mentioning what they feel they have to in order not to look like idiots. The article is full of "minimize any good news about an ordinary unbadged citizen with an AR".

Reading unsubstantiated reports this little f*ckwad was an antifa cumguzzler. Anyone else see that anywhere?

Listening to FOX, they have guests on who say confiscation will not work, there are too many guns, they are saying 500,000,000, seems about 2 too high...

But if they really wanted people to turn them in all they would need to do is to pass a law saying all guns are illegal and if you get caught with one, then it is life in prison, many people would turn them in, especially in Mass where they know what you have at the FRB., sort of like CA did with Barretts, register then make them illegal, or MASS did with bumpstocks.

Or they would do it for Semi-auto's, I have more bolts and revolvers than semi's, that is if I actually owned any guns! And what would the do with antiques and BP guns?

DailyMail claims the neighbor chased down the suspect and shot him dead:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5052815/Hero-tackled-armed-shooter-left-church.html

An unnamed neighbor had 'grabbed his rifle and engaged the suspect'
Kelley fled the skirmish and got back in his SUV to flee the scene
But another local resident, Johnnie Langendorff, witnessed the gun battle and both he and the unnamed neighbor jumped in his truck and gave chase
Kelley eventually lost control of his vehicle during the high speed chase
Langendorff said the suspect was then shot dead by the neighbor

Listening to FOX, they have guests on who say confiscation will not work, there are too many guns, they are saying 500,000,000, seems about 2 too high...

But if they really wanted people to turn them in all they would need to do is to pass a law saying all guns are illegal and if you get caught with one, then it is life in prison, many people would turn them in, especially in Mass where they know what you have at the FRB., sort of like CA did with Barretts, register then make them illegal, or MASS did with bumpstocks.

Or they would do it for Semi-auto's, I have more bolts and revolvers than semi's, that is if I actually owned any guns! And what would the do with antiques and BP guns?

There were over 300 million when Obama got elected. 500 million is not much of stretch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom