Mass shooting @ Baptist church Sutherland Springs, Texas

The town is 100% white according to census. Mass lawmakers preparing special session to ban semi autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said this before to a lot of criticism but the truth hurts. The long game has America looking just like Australia when it comes to gun rights...buy, bury, repeat.
That may happen here in the Northeast and the West Coast, but nationally that's not going to happen and I tell you what, if the Dems in 2018 or 2020 run on an Australian style gun reform as a major part of the campaign platform and they win the election, there will be a succession movement in this country and Texas will be the first state to break away from the Union quickly followed by many other states in the middle of the country.

And it will lead to civil war.

Nothing reliable will come out for 48-72 hours.

And everything that comes out after 48-72 hours should be viewed with suspicion.

It appears that he is a sex offender also

Same physical size same name picture looks like same person; convicted 2005 released from prison? 2008

FWIW Chris Ward seems to be a common name. There is a Christopher Ward running for House of Reps: https://www.facebook.com/Vote4CLWard/

I think regardless of whether he's related he can say goodbye to THAT...

Not serious. But who knows at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We saw with the SAFE act in NY that such things can happen that quickly, so please don't joke about them. If such a session were to happen in any state we need to know ASAP to organize a flash rally/protest and spam the phones of state reps and senators.

If Las Vegas didn't get movement on gun control, this certainly won't. The country is at this point completely divided on the issue, so these events just reinforce each sides opinion, it doesn't change anyone's opinion.

Do you guys know anyone who's changed their opinion on gun control after the last few shootings?

Having said that, I could see Mass enacting a semi-auto ban, one that carefully protects the Fudds but eliminates sales of things like the SCAR. Might be time to buy my SCAR.

If Las Vegas didn't get movement on gun control, this certainly won't. The country is at this point completely divided on the issue, so these events just reinforce each sides opinion, it doesn't change anyone's opinion.

Do you guys know anyone who's changed their opinion on gun control after the last few shootings?

Having said that, I could see Mass enacting a semi-auto ban, one that carefully protects the Fudds but eliminates sales of things like the SCAR. Might be time to buy my SCAR.

If they're willing to ban owned property with no compensation I wouldn't put them past trying something like that. But MA never makes sense with the laws they pass so the hell knows.

If there's a semi auto ban NH apartments and housing prices would skyrocket due to the exodus from the DPRM.

That may happen here in the Northeast and the West Coast, but nationally that's not going to happen and I tell you what, if the Dems in 2018 or 2020 run on an Australian style gun reform as a major part of the campaign platform and they win the election, there will be a succession movement in this country and Texas will be the first state to break away from the Union quickly followed by many other states in the middle of the country.

And it will lead to civil war.

Civil wars do not happen in first world countries unless A.) People are hungry or B.) Total economic meltdown.

No state would ever secede, follow the money.

If there's a semi auto ban NH apartments and housing prices would skyrocket due to the exodus from the DPRM.
There are plenty of reasons why that's going to happen in the next decade that don't have to do with guns at all.

If there is a semi auto ban, it will go along the lines of rifles that are not .22 rimfire that uses detachable magazines will get the banhammer. SKS will become very popular.

Nothing reliable will come out for 48-72 hours.

Shit, I'm still waiting for something reliable to come out from the LV shooting and what's that been...a month? You'll know only what "they" want you to know...whoever "they" are.

Civil wars do not happen in first world countries unless A.) People are hungry or B.) Total economic meltdown.

No state would ever secede, follow the money.
the people of the US will not allow corrupt, degenerate, evil politicians or urbanized city trash to tell them what they can and can't own to protect themselves. History has shown that when gun control and confiscation occurs that mass death and tyranny follows. Europe is in the tyranny stage now, the mass death stage will follow when all the immigrants start dropping babies who they'll train to kill the natives in European countries and the Europeans don't stand a chance because they've been virtually disarmed from guns for self protection.

It won't happen here in the US no matter how many raids the ATF does on homes and burns them down with occupants inside. The people will not put up with it.

If there is a semi auto ban, it will go along the lines of rifles that are not .22 rimfire that uses detachable magazines will get the banhammer. SKS will become very popular.

I foresee a MA ban on all milsurp 'weapons of war's without a unicorn collectors licence.

They are blurting out on FOX that it's a white male that was showing off a scary black rifle on FB
And this came from ABC via CNN.[rolleyes]

Last edited:
the people of the US will not allow corrupt, degenerate, evil politicians or urbanized city trash to tell them what they can and can't own to protect themselves. History has shown that when gun control and confiscation occurs that mass death and tyranny follows. Europe is in the tyranny stage now, the mass death stage will follow when all the immigrants start dropping babies who they'll train to kill the natives in European countries and the Europeans don't stand a chance because they've been virtually disarmed from guns for self protection.

It won't happen here in the US no matter how many raids the ATF does on homes and burns them down with occupants inside. The people will not put up with it.
I'd like to believe you.

Now I'm reading a completely different person's name as the shooter.

Devin Patrick Kelley has been identified as the gunman who killed at least 24 people at a church in Texas, a U.S. official tells The Daily Beast. Kelley, 26, was a resident of New Braunfels, a suburb of San Antonio, according to public records.

Kelley was married and Kelley’s mother-in-law listed a P.O. box in Sutherland Springs as a mailing address. San Antonio police reportedly raided Kelley’s home on Sunday evening. A LinkedIn account appearing to belong to Kelley describes him as serving in the U.S. Air Force from his 2009 high-school graduation until 2013, after which he briefly taught at a summer Bible school. On a now-deleted Facebook account, Kelley recently displayed an AR-15 style gun, ABC News reports.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-patrick-kelley-idd-as-sutherland-springs-church-killer

Prayers here for the victims and their families.

My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that individual churches can decide if they want parishioners to open carry. I personally know several folks who conceal carry every time they set foot in their TX churches.

you can carry (concealed or open) unless the church has the 30.06/30.07 sign prohibiting conceal/open

Praying for an Isis convert. Ughhh. Looks like I’m going to be carrying a hell of a lot more than I have been (should be always).

Watching news media now using the phrases "rapid shooting", connected with the phrases; "semi automatic weapons", and "semi automatic shooting".

You know (its pretty obvious) = what road the media will continue to try to steer this tragedy down .....

Back
Top Bottom