Mass. Senate primary: is there anyone to vote *for*?

amb

NES Member
I've read the anti-Capuano threads, the anti-Coakley threads, the anti-Khazei threads, and the anti-Pagliuca threads.

Party-wise, I'm unenrolled, so I have an otherwise-unused primary vote that I can give one of them. Any suggestions?

If GOAL has ratings posted for any of them, I'd love to see that info. Haven't found it on goal.org, at least.

If you are for RKBA, I wouldn't waste my time with any of those 4 clowns. The commericals for them say it all [puke]

Wait until the general election and vote for Scott Brown. GOAL gives Brown an A+ rating, I believe.

If you are for RKBA, I wouldn't waste my time with any of those 4 clowns. The commericals for them say it all [puke]

Wait until the general election and vote for Scott Brown. GOAL gives Brown an A+ rating, I believe.
The OP has a point and we should vote for the least evil, and tell them why. That's not a push: it's a nudge. It's a long battle and enough nudges can make a difference over time.

The OP has a point and we should vote for the least evil, and tell them why. That's not a push: it's a nudge. It's a long battle and enough nudges can make a difference over time.

If you can find a least evil in that group you are a better judge of character than I am.

But I do tend to agree with your position.

I'm registered as a democrat right now so I will vote in the primary for the weakest candidate to go up against the Republican

You can leave the democrat party (a statement in it's own right) and still vote this way in the primary. Unenrolled voters in MA can vote in either primary.

Last edited:
If you are for RKBA, I wouldn't waste my time with any of those 4 assclowns. The commericals for them say it all [puke]

This. Don't waste your time voting in the primary. Don't waste your time voting in the final for Tim Cahill, it will just siphon votes from Brown. Sorry Horrible, I couldn't resist the urge to edit your quote! [smile]

Edit: Duh, Tim Cahill is running for Governor, not Senator. Don't vote for him in that election!

You can leave the democrat party (a statement in it's own right) and still vote this way in the primary. Independent voters in MA can vote in either primary.

I think you can change it back to Independent (which is a party) or Unenrolled right at the polling place. If you don't, you will be listed as which ever party you pulled a ballot for. At least that's how it was last election.

Last edited:
I think you can change it back to Independent (which is a party) or Unenrolled right at the polling place. If you don't, you will be listed as which ever party you pulled a ballot for. At least that's how it was last election.

You are correct, by "independent" I meant unenrolled. Unenrolled voters just state what primary they wish to vote in when they arrive at the polling place.

If you can find a least evil in that group you are a better judge of character than I am.

But I do tend to agree with your position.
That's the difficulty with democracy sometimes: it's the worst of all possible systems, except for all others. As Senator McCain's mom said "Hold your nose and vote."

In MA, fill out another "motor voter" registration card . . . available in USPO, public libraries, town halls, etc. Fill out as a "change in registration" (something like that, I don't have a form here) and mail it in to your Town Clerk. That's it.

Maybe vote for Coakley? If we replace one moonbat with another moonbat, we haven't gained, but we haven't lost anything either. Then maybe there is a chance to get a reputable AG in her place?

These election discussions are all incredibly grim.

With no real mainstream gun advocate in the bunch, we're doomed to more of the same.

If both Dem and Republican candidates emerge as anti-gun (along with the AG), then it appears hopeless.

The whole dem card is pure moonbats, so it doesn't matter who you vote for... they're all trying to emulate fat ted to some degree or another. Sending them a note in the mail saying "I won't vote for you because your a moonbat" is kind of redundant- all their party competitors are moonbats, too. Brown is the only guy showing up to this election worth voting for at all, in the end game.

-Mike

I just heard the debate on WTKK, and the outlook is horrible. I guess all us independants can do is vote in the democratic primary for the dead last canidate and pull the AG's votes down. Make her look less popular than she really is, thus giving Scott Brown some ammo to use in the general election. But then again there is not enough of us.

Len has given you the right advice for becoming "unenrolled".

Copied from MassVOTE.org:

What does it mean to choose “unenrolled”?

Being unenrolled in Massachusetts means that you are registered to vote but not a member of a party. You may still vote in a Democratic, Green-Rainbow, Libertarian,or Republican primary without affecting your “unenrolled” status.

The only exception is once every four years in the Presidential primary. Your party affiliation is automatically changed to the party primary you vote in. To switch back to unenrolled” you have to fill out a party change card after voting. These cards are available at every polling location in a Presidential primary.

This last part is news to me. In the last Presidential primary, I voted in the Republican primary. So, apparently I am now a registered Republican. Looks like I'll be joining you in switching to unenrolled. I'd hate to think I couldn't vote Green-Rainbow if the mood struck me. [wink]

Well, took the bull by the horns. Emailed each one of them with the following:

Many lawful gun owners in the state are trying to decide who to vote for in the Democratic party primary next month.

Can you explain the candidates’ position on the right of citizens in Massachusetts to keep and bear arms?

Thank you,

[Name & address omitted as I don't know all you FF's.]

I just heard the debate on WTKK, and the outlook is horrible. I guess all us independants can do is vote in the democratic primary for the dead last canidate and pull the AG's votes down. Make her look less popular than she really is, thus giving Scott Brown some ammo to use in the general election. But then again there is not enough of us.

I listened to some of it on the way in today and I truly feel dumber for having done so. I about ripped the steering wheel off when one of the DBs said that (paraphrasing) "Well we should keep in mind what Ted would have done and emulate him. He was after all the greatest Senator in history and it is his seat that we are filling." HIS EFFING SEAT?!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? Last I knew it's the Senatorial seat for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts not a gd throne you ignorant, Constitution shredding, imperialistic, waste of oxygen. If it's a throne your after I'd be happy to build you one of these...

Nebraska%27s_electric_chair.JPG

[angry2][angry2][angry2]

I've read the anti-Capuano threads, the anti-Coakley threads, the anti-Khazei threads, and the anti-Pagliuca threads.

Party-wise, I'm unenrolled, so I have an otherwise-unused primary vote that I can give one of them. Any suggestions?

If GOAL has ratings posted for any of them, I'd love to see that info. Haven't found it on goal.org, at least.

Of those four, only "none of the above" would be the appropriate choice.

I've got a novel idea for unenrolled voters: Rather than vote in the dimmocrat primary for the most unelectable of the lot to try to "pull the AG's votes down", which ain't going to happen, why not accentuate the positive by voting in the Republican primary for someone like Scott Brown to make them appear more electable.

I really loved Hiller's take on this primary last night. Basically, whichever Dem wins the primary wins the senate seat, and he says that will be Coakley.

Of course, Andy Hiller is a Moonbat with the rest of them.

We need some sort of revolution at the polls- the independents need to show up and declare that they are sick of this one party system.

How many more speakers can we indict on criminal charges until someone gets it?

There is a choice in the Republican Party for the senate primary. Jack E. Robinson is running against Scott Brown. You guys might want to vote in the Republican Primary.

SNIP....

This last part is news to me. In the last Presidential primary, I voted in the Republican primary. So, apparently I am now a registered Republican. Looks like I'll be joining you in switching to unenrolled. I'd hate to think I couldn't vote Green-Rainbow if the mood struck me. [wink]

This was true until fairly recently, maybe the last 2 years where if you are unenrolled and pick a party ballot you are not enrolled in that party anymore but stay unenrolled.

This has been true in my town so I assume it's state wide.

Bill

Last edited:
These election discussions are all incredibly grim.

With no real mainstream gun advocate in the bunch, we're doomed to more of the same.

If both Dem and Republican candidates emerge as anti-gun (along with the AG), then it appears hopeless.

Tying RKBA so tightly with the GOP hurts in a lot of states. Somehow we need a long slow grassroots effort to educate members of all parties on the issue and the tide can be turned.

Bill

Tying RKBA so tightly with the GOP hurts in a lot of states. Somehow we need a long slow grassroots effort to educate members of all parties on the issue and the tide can be turned.

Bill

Problem is that virtually nobody on the left cares about RKBA, at least in the full on moonbat states like MA. Without making the voters concerned about it... the people running for the offices will never care, because they simply don't have to in order to win. This is somewhat of a different story outside of CA and the northeast- in many other states even dems have to be pro RKBA to some extent or another or they will lose.

-Mike

You mean there are people who frequent this site who are registered democrats? No wonder this region is in the state it's in.
Two more years to retirement and Im moving to a red state. The Ma**h***s deserve everyone of these jokers that they keep voting in.

Back
Top Bottom