Mass Roster updated -new addition

I noticed the new roster today and haven't gone though it completely but did notice the FNX-45 has been added. The first FN I've seen. Now lets hope for the FN 9MM.

I get the feeling that any FN looked at by MA law enforcement agencies will be submitted for testing and added to the list.

Damn, I want a hipower just cause.

What difference does it make? Glocks are on there too, yet she's compelled/scared dealers into not selling them.

HK has been adding stuff would love to see FN start selling handguns into MA. They make nice looking stuff.

HK has been adding stuff would love to see FN start selling handguns into MA. They make nice looking stuff.

Nice looking stuff that's even less supported than HKs stuff is. I almost bought an FNS9 but the deeper I dug into it the more I did not like the proposition in play. You're stuck with the trigger you have. Nobody modifies them, nobody has parts for them, etc. FN does not have the best marketing in this regard. I think there's a total of one police department that actually uses the guns and I think it's the town the FN factory is based in. (and on top of that, FN probably GAVE them the guns, they didn't even sell them the guns, LMAO). Even guns like the VP9 and the P320 probably have wider use and support than the FNS does. It's a shame because design wise its not a bad pistol.

-Mike

i am rather unimpressed with FN's backstrap system. they don't fit onto the frame properly. it seems many folks end up having to shim or glue their backstrap in place to prevent it from moving around. On the contrary HK's backstraps fit very nicely.

that being said the FNX-45 and FNS-9 long slide are both cool looking pistols to me. i'm debating going with an FNX-45 as grabagun has them for $660 ($699 but with graba-quote they drop another $40 off).

but like your experience researching the FNS-9, the deeper I dig on the FNX-45 the more issues seem to pop up particularly around lack of product support/availability.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't mind seeing a few Springfield's in there.

my understand is that springfield said no to massachusetts. can you blame them.

Nice looking stuff that's even less supported than HKs stuff is. I almost bought an FNS9 but the deeper I dug into it the more I did not like the proposition in play. You're stuck with the trigger you have. Nobody modifies them, nobody has parts for them, etc. FN does not have the best marketing in this regard. I think there's a total of one police department that actually uses the guns and I think it's the town the FN factory is based in. (and on top of that, FN probably GAVE them the guns, they didn't even sell them the guns, LMAO). Even guns like the VP9 and the P320 probably have wider use and support than the FNS does. It's a shame because design wise its not a bad pistol.

-Mike

Idk about the striker fired but the hammer fired had probably the nicest trigger I ever felt on a not suped up hammer fire. Meaning obviously it wasn't on par with my sig elite or a friends cz shadow but it ran circles around any combat style one I ever fondled. Now the recoil spring was a ball point pens so it was the jumpiest full size nine I ever shot but I loved the trigger

-Mike

this.

Idk about the striker fired but the hammer fired had probably the nicest trigger I ever felt on a not suped up hammer fire. Meaning obviously it wasn't on par with my sig elite or a friends cz shadow but it ran circles around any combat style one I ever fondled. Now the recoil spring was a ball point pens so it was the jumpiest full size nine I ever shot but I loved the trigger

Meh. Striker fired FNs are kind of mushy and the reset could be better. I'd hate to find a gun I loved only to realize I can't modify it. At all. I loved the FNS / FNX too.

Last edited:
Not true at all!

Please suggest a method for getting off-list guns that's easier than walking into FS with a check. I'm all ears.

Here, on the count of three, you go buy a CZ P01, and I'll go to FS and pick up a Shield w/ safety. We'll see gets their gun first.

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . go!

Last edited:
If you believe that the list is so important, go ask Carl to get you a 4th Gen Glock, they are on the List.

I'll wait for your response . . .

If I wanted an off list gun, like Mike, I know how to get one, and not every dealer will work with you even though it is legal (FS won't so don't bother asking Carl).

If you believe that the list is so important, go ask Carl to get you a 4th Gen Glock, they are on the List.

I'll wait for your response . . .

If I wanted an off list gun, like Mike, I know how to get one, and not every dealer will work with you even though it is legal (FS won't so don't bother asking Carl).

Glocks are the exception, on the list but still not sellable, specially targeted by the AG, they're really no different than off-list guns. Most of the stuff on the list you can buy at FS.

you haven't answered my question either.

And you're wrong, very few dealers will sell you an off-list gun anymore - we had i believe two shops shut down recently for doing that. Not many FFLs are going to risk their lifelihood to sell you a CZ.

So yeah, like you, I know how to get anything here in MA, but it ain't as easy as walking into your local shop and buying something off the shelf.

- - - Updated - - -

no, it doesn't.

Yes it does. What kind of post is that? Post some reasoning or you're wasting our time.

- - - Updated - - -

i get tired of guys posting how easy it is to get off-list stuff, then you ask them how they do it, and they give you the same pain in the ass method you already know.

I'm not referring to buying off-list off the shelf at a shop, that is suicide for the dealer. I'm referring to a perfectly legal method.

I've had Carl order me a few guns that were on the list/not in stock and had to wait weeks/months for them to come in. I recently bought a gun elsewhere that is on the List and not in stock, I've been waiting 2 weeks. Big deal, it's not like I have nothing to shoot now and I don't consider it a PITA to wait as long as the shop is level with you about the situation. Likewise getting off-list guns requires a bit of knowledge and effort but really not a huge effort and you can have what you want in a couple of weeks. Not suitable for those that have to touch, feel and walk out with it NOW, but works for the rest of us.

Glocks are the exception, on the list but still not sellable, specially targeted by the AG, they're really no different than off-list guns. Most of the stuff on the list you can buy at FS.

You can't buy real Kahr PM9s at FS, and a bunch of other things on that
list. No P320s, etc. **** the list, it's ****ing worthless. The only thing that means anything to you as a consumer is what a dealer will actually transfer to you.

And you're wrong, very few dealers will sell you an off-list gun anymore - we had i believe two shops shut down recently for doing that. Not many FFLs are going to risk their lifelihood to sell you a CZ.

No, we didn't. Most of the shops shut down recently involved garbage that had nothing to do with handgun compliance, although one of the other ones
supposedly got bagged for off list.

So yeah, like you, I know how to get anything here in MA, but it ain't as easy as walking into your local shop and buying something off the shelf.

Yes it does. What kind of post is that? Post some reasoning or you're wasting our time.

I give zero shits about "walking into a gun store in MA and buying something off the shelf. " I think I've done that maybe like, twice, in the past 6 years. I make a few phone calls and drive a little and I get what I want, legally. I don't need the "feeb treatment with the towel attendant in the bathroom thing at an MA gun store. " I don't need silly lists or other BS to validate my choices. I don't need to finger-bang a gun before buying it, either.

Even if there was no list most gun shops wouldn't stock/sell 75% of the guns I want anyways, so it wouldn't radically improve things for me.

If the compliance whiner types spent as much time actually seeking and getting the stuff they wanted as they do whining about and foaming over the stupid list (that no dealer perfectly obeys anyways) they'd simply have the stuff they wanted. Yeah it is a pain in the ass, but EVERYTHING about being a gun owner in MA is a pain in the ass.

I can understand the johnny one box newbs whining about this stuff..... or old guys... but anyone that's been around awhile that's under 50 years old needs to stop pulling an ostrich on this stuff.

In MA you can either be the toddler throwing a tantrum about the glass of skim milk swill you've been given.... or you can be the slightly more mature kid that figured out that the adult fridge is downstairs and you gotta go up and down a couple flights of stairs to get a big glass of whole milk and a plate of cookies. Yeah it's annoying to go up and down the stairs but you got what you actually wanted, in the end.

FTR I'm not validating the bullshit laws hardly, I wish they were gone- but what I've stated is the reality on the ground in MA.

-Mike

Last edited:
I'm not referring to buying off-list off the shelf at a shop, that is suicide for the dealer. I'm referring to a perfectly legal method.

I've had Carl order me a few guns that were on the list/not in stock and had to wait weeks/months for them to come in. I recently bought a gun elsewhere that is on the List and not in stock, I've been waiting 2 weeks. Big deal, it's not like I have nothing to shoot now and I don't consider it a PITA to wait as long as the shop is level with you about the situation. Likewise getting off-list guns requires a bit of knowledge and effort but really not a huge effort and you can have what you want in a couple of weeks. Not suitable for those that have to touch, feel and walk out with it NOW, but works for the rest of us.

It is exactly that legal method I'm saying is a pain compared to walking into your local gun store and buying a gun. Take the new FN45 that's now on the list. Now I can order one from Grabagun crazy cheap, tax free and have it delivered to the gun shop 5 min away. Buying off list requires a lot of driving for me. Yeah, you may not care, but you can't argue the list doesn't matter, it would save me 2 hours driving or more, probably some money too, if something I want's on the list.

You can't buy real Kahr PM9s at FS, and a bunch of other things on that
list. No P320s, etc. **** the list, it's ****ing worthless. The only thing that means anything to you as a consumer is what a dealer will actually transfer to you.

I agree there's a lot of crap - guns on the list get Mass-modifications that make them not worth buying. But there ARE guns on the list that lots of people benefit from. The VP9 was a huge hit, no Mass modifications. I bought an HK at FS for less that I could have gotten anywhere, even Grabagun. Couldn't have done that if it was off the list.

I agree there's a lot of crap - guns on the list get Mass-modifications that make them not worth buying. But there ARE guns on the list that lots of people benefit from. The VP9 was a huge hit, no Mass modifications. I bought an HK at FS for less that I could have gotten anywhere, even Grabagun. Couldn't have done that if it was off the list.

I almost bought a VP9, and the ones I had lined up were pretty close to the FS price... and no sales tax.

A long time ago when the LCR showed up in MA, though, Carl did me a solid and got me one at a price that nobody could compete with.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom