Mass Rifle Association - Action Shooting link

PMD

Here's a link to Mass Rifle Association's (Wobrun, Mass) Action shooting schedle:

http://www.massrifle.com/mra_action_shooting_schedule_03.htm

MRA shoots twice a week - Sunday at 1:00pm and Monday nights at 6:30pm (setup/sign up 30mins prior).

Richy runs a real good program - MRA shoots Bowling Pins (rifle and centerfire pistol), Static Steel (Steel Challenge), Falling Plates, Bianchi style Plate Racks, Steel Trees, 22lr pistol matches, ICORE style revolver matches and more...
More info is located the the MRA website too.
http://www.massrifle.com

C-Ya.
PMD

PMD, you still posting here?

If so, can you direct me to some links detailing the rules for the kinds of action shooting done at MRA? The web site has schedules, but not much in the way of introductory info for a beginner.

I've been shooting .22 pistol solo at paper targets for a couple of years, but just picked up a SW1911 and may be looking to try something new next fall. My son shoots in the junior rifle program Monday nights, and it would be more fun to stay and shoot in the Loeb range than dropping him off and returning an hour later to pick him up. But I don't have a clue what equipment is needed or how to get started -- holster? Recommended ammo? Are iron sites okay or is everybody using optics? What do you do in the event of a FTF while you're competing? What is "static steel" and how does it differ from "steel tree"? Etc. etc.

(Heck, I'm also waiting on a CMP M1 Garand, and have a whole different set of questions about using the 100/200 yd. Summa range.)

masochusetts,
I am assuming you are a Mass Rifle member (however you don't need to be a member to shoot at matches)
All the course descriptions of for each event/match are posted on a wall in the Observation Room which is adjacent to the Loeb Range.
If you are or are not an MRA member the best thing to do is stop by on a Monday night or Sunday afternoon to see what's going on - Everyone is (usually) real friendly and always willing to give advice.
During the summer months attendance is usually low - which is good for a new shooter.

If you have a specific question feel free to e-mail me direct. If I can't answer it I'll get you in touch with the Match Director..

C-ya.
Paul

Back
Top Bottom