• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass resident - Can I buy ammo in Maine?

I am a mass resident, and i'm going to be going on a trip to Maine in a week and a half. Since ammo seems to be rediculously scarce around here, I thought of stopping at Kittery Trading Post on my way home. (Assuming they have a good stock of ammo), I'd like to pick up a few boxes. I just don't know what the law says about out of state ammo purchase... or if they'll even check my ltc. If you know what's up with the laws in this area please let me know.

MA is one of a very few states that requires you to have a permit to purchase ammo. So short answer is yes, you can.

I did so two weeks ago... walked in, picked it up, paid for it and walked out. Not an ID needed. This was both at a Walmart, a hardware store and a gun store.

Rich

Look up the phone # for G3 in Turner, Maine. He is an FFL and has had a lot of ammo when no one else around here has. He is about 45 mintues NW of Portland just outside of Auburn, which is a lot more of a drive than to Kittery for you guys. But if you need ammo he might have it and it might be worth the drive.

Heading up to Bath soon, was thinking of stopping at KTP along the way. If you have reccomendations that are on the way to Bath, I'd be interested.

Back
Top Bottom