Mass Res/ Ct Purchase

mpoc17

NES Member
Found something interesting the other day while at Cabela's in CT. I was in the process of purchasing a new Weaherby Vanguard , as i was filling out the paper work the clerk behind the counter saw my tin and ID and advised me law enforcement was exempt from the non resident waiting period and I could take the gun that day, ( i guess u need to have a hunting lic or some type of non-resident Ltc to carry to leave with the the gun right away. I had to speak to someone from Ct DPS while they checked my dept and my jurisdiction/powers and after some paper work i was out the door. I didn't KNOW who many leo;s new this Found something interesting the other day while at Cabela's in CT. I was in the process of purchasing a new Weaherby Vanguard , as i was filling out the paper work the clerk behind the counter saw my tin and ID and advised me law enforcement was exempt from the non resident waiting period and I could take the gun that day, ( i guess u need to have a hunting lic or some type of non-resident Ltc to carry to leave with the the gun right away. I had to speak to someone from Ct DPS while they checked my dept and my jurisdiction/powers and after some paper work i was out the door. I didn't KNOW who many leo;s new this

Last edited:
Yup. It's because of CT Statutes Chapter 529 Section 29-37a exempts several people from the waiting period.

The waiting period specified in subsection (a) of this section during which delivery may not be made and the provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any federal marshal, parole officer or peace officer, or to the delivery at retail of (1) any firearm to a holder of a valid state permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued under the provisions of section 29-28 or a valid eligibility certificate issued under the provisions of section 29-36f, (2) any firearm to an active member of the armed forces of the United States or of any reserve component thereof, (3) any firearm to a holder of a valid hunting license issued pursuant to chapter 490, or (4) antique firearms.

Back
Top Bottom