Mass Police Chiefs Outraged They Can't Control FID's like LTC's

Has anyone else noticed an uptick on facebook when it comes to posts/reposts complaining about cops? Dogs getting shot, beatings, police shootings in Albuquerque in the last couple of years, attempts to prevent filming, memes about the military giving small town PD's vehicles with gun turrets and anti IED armor... from what I've seen there's been an awful more over the last year than I've ever seen. Now these pricks are not only complaining that they aren't being given the power over deciding our rights but this weasally looking cockpolisher Evans is also blatantly saying we have no "need"? Way to alienate the fudd's in a day and age where I can't go a day without seeing a video of cop violating someone's rights or something tagged ACAB on my facebook feed. Here that cash register sound? That's the sound of someone breaking down and buying an AR to put next to his trap gun and hunting shottys, all thanks to you Chief Evans. Welcome to NES, my flannel clad brethren! There's plenty of room at our BOL in... uh... *foil hat starts buzzing furiously*... on second thought, maybe you should do some research and start stockpiling.

Yes, I have certainly noticed. Numbers are definitely escalating. IMO, it's not a factor of greater awareness- in case nobody noticed we have had broad-based social media for many years now so that argument doesn't hold water. I just pray for all involved that for the rest of my life my home will never be subject to a no-knock.

My wife was recently 'granted' her LTC but generally has rolled her eyes over my 2A interests so long as 'they' aren't actually grabbing guns. Once she realized the hoop jumping involved with the process, her fresh eyes on the situation generated a few 'fresh' words regarding the interview, letters of recommendation, and SLOW response. Now she gets it.

Sad thing is that she has a friend going through an ugly divorce- one that includes a restraining order against a violent ex. The process of finding and taking a class, applying, receiving approval, and finally obtaining the golden ticket will take months. Her ex is tight with the local LEO's, so CLEO sign-off could be a problem.

The upside is that the chiefs have outed themselves as to what their real intentions are and it has nothing to do with public safety. Especially when you consider that they are simultaneously pushing to have LEO's made 'above the law' in terms of what they can own/possess.
Seem through the lens of our eyes, yes.

Those who are inclined against us will see the chief's action as indicative of their good judgement and commitment to public safety.

The process of finding and taking a class, applying, receiving approval, and finally obtaining the golden ticket will take months. Her ex is tight with the local LEO's, so CLEO sign-off could be a problem.

Or, he might just say "she threatened to kill me as soon as she gets her gun" and she can kill her LTC goodbye in the same way he did his.

Your Chiefs are unwilling to give up the "POWER" over the people in their jurisdictions.

..........................Jack

Its actually worse than that. The ltc-a/b is may issue and the CLEO has the power to exercise discretion. The FID is shall issue, and this is what the CLEO's are looking to gain discretion over.

Theyre not trying to hold on to the power, theyre trying to gain more.

Its actually worse than that. The ltc-a/b is may issue and the CLEO has the power to exercise discretion. The FID is shall issue, and this is what the CLEO's are looking to gain discretion over.

Exactly!

There is nothing given up as the articles suggest, this is a grab for more.

The press has been spinning the FID amendment issue as a loss of power in which the chiefs will no longer be able to keep the public safe. Classic misrepresentation and fear mongering. The typical MA voter is going to buy into that anyway, and the vast majority of legislators support placing further restrictions on gun ownership since doing so benefits them politically.

Last edited:
Time to call in to the LOCAL talk radio shows, and get some air play to this crisis:

Both of these shows are pretty open to calls, and to discuss gun topics. Bring up the whole irony thing about giving more powers of discretion/suitability (aka favoritism/bigotry/bullying), and the hypocrisy of giving them AWB access, while taking away our rights:
5 AM to 9 AM
Paul Westcott
Call: 508-755-0058
Email: [email protected]

3 PM to 6 PM
Jordan Levy
Call: Studio Line (508) 755-0058
Email: [email protected]
or
[email protected]

Time to call in to the LOCAL talk radio shows, and get some air play to this crisis:

Both of these shows are pretty open to calls, and to discuss gun topics. Bring up the whole irony thing about giving more powers of discretion/suitability (aka favoritism/bigotry/bullying), and the hypocrisy of giving them AWB access, while taking away our rights:

Hammering Evans statement would be good as well.
Open admission of intent to abuse the new law ( If it passes).
I have to wonder how many of the chief's facepalmed when that gem got out.

Hammering Evans statement would be good as well.
Open admission of intent to abuse the new law ( If it passes).
I have to wonder how many of the chief's facepalmed when that gem got out.

But don't just drop that on the show and hang up. Give the listeners SOME DIRECTIONS.

THIS is where your words can grow legs, and get amplified into possibly hundreds or more of callers/emailers. Think about it...

Back
Top Bottom