• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Police Chiefs Outraged They Can't Control FID's like LTC's

Mountain

NES Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tes-at-odds-over-discretion-in-massachusetts/

Great... Give them a noose and they will certainly pull it tight around our necks. [rolleyes] Yeah, blame the NRA for strong-arming the Mass politicians- what a joke. Anyone ever consider that for once the lawmakers might actually pay attention to both their constituents and the constitution? Chiefs should STFU and uphold the law not fabricate it as they see fit.

Posting from the country with a non-neutered rifle in damn near every home. The Swiss also know how to control immigration despite having a relatively open EU border. Riffraff not welcome. I was enjoying my trip but found this little sh!t sandwich article while checking in on the news.

Sorry if dupe, didn't see it in a quick search.

Hey, if you're gonna dupe fail, may as well mega-dupe fail. [smile]

Too busy eating cheese and chocolate.

F them

wait until there is a town meeting article looking for more funding for the police department!!!

sorry but i still think we should have let them make FIDs discretionary (subject to suitability).
in the event that Davis v. Grimes ends up in favor of the defendants, then perhaps the FID suitability would provide an even stronger case down the road.

i'm sure many will disagree with me which is fine, especially since IANAL. just my gut feeling it might work out better in the long run if beacon hill tries to bite off more than it can chew.

sorry but i still think we should have let them make FIDs discretionary (subject to suitability).
in the event that Davis v. Grimes ends up in favor of the defendants, then perhaps the FID suitability would provide an even stronger case down the road.

i'm sure many will disagree with me which is fine, especially since IANAL. just my gut feeling it might work out better in the long run if beacon hill tries to bite off more than it can chew.

This has been thrown around a few times, with no real 'affirmation' of our suspicions. Should we be optimistic that if they push for FID suitability, then that's not necessarily a bad thing, because it opens the chief/town/state to civil rights lawsuits? As I understand it, the state has always used the FID card as an "out clause" when denying or restricting an LTC.

"See, we're not denying your 2A right (to carry a handgun with an LTC) since you can still get a rifle or shotgun with the FID."

By pushing for FID suitability, might they be shooting themselves in the foot? Or am I not fully understanding the situation, or maybe it's just hyperbole and wishful thinking on our side?

IANAL either, but am reading the Davis v Grimes pleadings at comm2a.org to catch up...

I live in a relatively conservative and LTC 'green' town, so FID suitability would probably have little to no effect on the decision to issue. But... I would worry very much about all my comrades in the RED towns / cities.

At least the approval process is highly efficient and I'm sure there will be no negative effect on wait times if we toss in the FID's.

It is an ego thing, I grew up in Canton a black town, now I live in Wareham a very green town. They should not be involved in any gun decision, if you are not a convicted felon you should be able to own any hand gun, rifle or shotgun.

Next person who is denied in Boston should sue in federal court with that sound bite, and interview as exhibit A.

Lemme see. A Chief finds an address has had numerous calls, but not even a citation for noise is issued. So the Chief is justified in denying possession of any firearms by any resident of the address?

If due process prevents issuing a citation or an arrest, how does discretion legitimize denying the right to keep and bear arms?

Local tyrants disarming the population...

Lemme see. A Chief finds an address has had numerous calls, but not even a citation for noise is issued. So the Chief is justified in denying possession of any firearms by any resident of the address?

That little snippet of the article would already be bad enough if it was true, but it isn't. Towns that deny will deny everyone, not just those who have had "numerous calls". The article fails to mention that.

I know this is a dupe but a couple of comments.

One it's well known that the police chiefs mostly from the urban Shyte holes abuse their discretionary authority with permits. A friend of mine in Worcester is dealing with this. I won't go into details but its obvious that with all the wait times and other bs- it's meant to deny him firearms ownership. And now they want this power with fids? F them.

Time to start to start going to town meeting and shutting down any requests from the chiefs for money.

Did anyone notice that not a single one of the long guns pictured in that article could even be purchased with an FID?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tes-at-odds-over-discretion-in-massachusetts/

Great... Give them a noose and they will certainly pull it tight around our necks. [rolleyes] Yeah, blame the NRA for strong-arming the Mass politicians- what a joke. Anyone ever consider that for once the lawmakers might actually pay attention to both their constituents and the constitution? Chiefs should STFU and uphold the law not fabricate it as they see fit.

Posting from the country with a non-neutered rifle in damn near every home. The Swiss also know how to control immigration despite having a relatively open EU border. Riffraff not welcome. I was enjoying my trip but found this little sh!t sandwich article while checking in on the news.

Sorry if dupe, didn't see it in a quick search.

Yup. Actually some of the guns in that picture can't even be purchased with an LTC-A. Great journalism.[thinking]

The author knows he doesn't have to care. The pic of more killy firearms than are actually germane to the story is more dramatic.

Even law abiding citizens hate cops now... Geez, I wonder why. "F*** the police" is no longer reserved for the NWA anymore.

Police chiefs in Massachusetts are blasting state lawmakers for shooting down a provision that would have given them sole discretion over who can get hunting rifle or shotgun permits, regardless of criminal records.
hmmm. good journalism indeed

Yup. Just remember when these guys show up at your town looking to be the head leo. Pack the meeting and grill them. Cut their budgets too. Apparantly the chiefs that showed up have departments that are so well funded they can disappear for a full work day with little to no notice

Back
Top Bottom